FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best way to upload (many small) files?

Shin
Since Frihost doesn't provide ssh, I find myself have to upload them one by one using ftp program, although I don't have to physically upload them by clicking them one by one. But it's still a very slow process.

Usually I would just zip or tar them up and upload it in one go. but I don't know how to untar without a terminal shell. Is there a better solution? Please help. Every time I did that I find it very frustrating and helpless, and can't stop thinking why the hell I still have to do this in 21st century. Crying or Very sad

Thank you.
Bondings
Shin wrote:
Since Frihost doesn't provide ssh, I find myself have to upload them one by one using ftp program, although I don't have to physically upload them by clicking them one by one. But it's still a very slow process.

Usually I would just zip or tar them up and upload it in one go. but I don't know how to untar without a terminal shell. Is there a better solution? Please help. Every time I did that I find it very frustrating and helpless, and can't stop thinking why the hell I still have to do this in 21st century. Crying or Very sad

Thank you.

The DirectAdmin file manager provides an option to unzip .tar.gz files.
Shin
It lets you create .tar.gz but not decompress it.
Shin
Shin
Hi Bondings,

I might be miss out something I can't see where to uncompress a tar file. Would you mind pointing me to the right direction? Thanks
Bondings
It's only a tar.gz file and the option will appear next to it (there where "rename" is).
Shin
I found it now. It only appears next to the tar.gz files. Thanks.

Last question, do you know any windows program that archive file in tar.gz?
TomS
I think PowerArchiver can do that, but I'm not sure.

http://www.powerarchiver.com/

Quote:
Vielfache Formate; ISO
ZIP, 7-Zip, CAB, GZIP, BZIP2, RAR, ACE, mehrere