You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP query

I saw that there were othe posts regarding FTP, but none of them really answered my question so I figured I'd give a new thread a shot.

When using the Control Panel, there is no option to upload an entire directory... it is individual file based only. Is there an option there I am missing?

Or my preference would be to just FTP it up directly using the FTP address, but I am getting the "test screen" when I do that, saying that it's working, but... not. I am going to paste the screen below:

Any help that you all can provide would be great. basically, I don't want to have to go through and select each and every individual file. I'd rather just FTP up the lot of it.

---(View Edit after bulk of post)---

Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.
If you can see this page, then the people who own this website have just installed the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending mail to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running the Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to the Apache Group, so please do not send mail about this site or its contents to the Apache authors. If you do, your message will be ignored.
The Apache online documentation has been included with this distribution.
Especially also read the mod_ssl User Manual carefully.

Your are allowed to use the images below on your SSL-aware Apache Web server.
Thanks for using Apache, mod_ssl and OpenSSL!

EDIT: Because I am an impatient idgit, I went ahead and did it the long way, but if anyone knows what's up with the FTP situation, it would be good for future reference, but didn't want you to think that I was just sittin here waiting for an answer. Smile So there's plenty of time.

Thanks in advance.
You dont visit the FTP address in your browser Razz . You use it as the address in an FTP client of some sort (anyone will do, filezilla seems popular).
Ok. I guess I can reinstall CuteFTP then. I was just using the browser FTP which usually prompts a Username/Password dialogue box. But hey.. gives me an excuse to reinstall cuteftp.

Thanks much. Smile