FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Room -Graphics Design

DivineConclave
I made this one when I was in college. Not sure why, but I really like it. I hope you do too... (and I hope to have a computer half as nice as that one).

Here is a close up of the computer in question:

xframe
thats awesome. I really like the computer case alot. Ive always wanted to learn 3d modeling!! I have cinema 4d and 3dsmax but I only use them to make fractals for photoshop images.
DivineConclave
xframe wrote:
thats awesome. I really like the computer case alot. Ive always wanted to learn 3d modeling!! I have cinema 4d and 3dsmax but I only use them to make fractals for photoshop images.

I have both as well, but much prefer C4D. The only thing I DON'T like about it is its ambiguous measurement of "m" and the weird manipulation you have to do to get the nurbs to work right. But the program, itself, is a wonderful thing. I use a combination of C4D, Photoshop CS, and Poser (though I lost my Poser disk. Sad ).
Kashinilaya
Really cool! The transparent chair is simply great.
Helios
It's actually could become a nice room design, for the people who prefer "cold" rooms, that is Wink

Very nice, indeed.

However, why didn't you draw a LCD monitor? CRT's are outdated Razz
DivineConclave
Helios wrote:
It's actually could become a nice room design, for the people who prefer "cold" rooms, that is Wink

Very nice, indeed.

hehe.. Thank you much.

Quote:

However, why didn't you draw a LCD monitor? CRT's are outdated Razz

Hey! I have a CRT. I don't like LCDs. Well.. the new ones aren't too bad. heh

Actually, I considered making an LCD for the image, but the CRT was more difficult to make than a thin rectangle, and when I made this, I was teaching myself C4D so I wanted the difficulty factor.
The interesting thing about the picture is that the keyboard was actually the most difficult to make.

kashinilaya wrote:

Really cool! The transparent chair is simply great.

Thanks. Glad you like. I've been working on a few thigns since then, most of which are landscapes to learn and get used to various atmospheric lighting.
Snowboarder Doby
Wow nifty! I like it, what program do you use for it exactly? I used to havea friend who did something like that, its 3d right?
DivineConclave
Snowboarder Doby wrote:
Wow nifty! I like it, what program do you use for it exactly? I used to havea friend who did something like that, its 3d right?

Yeah. I used
Cinema 4D
for the 3D graphics and then I used
Photoshop
for detailed editing of colour and cropping.
Alie
2 DivineConclave: I like your close-up picture Wink It tooks a lot of time to render models with such materials, huh?

2 xframe: Hey, buddy Wink could you give me any tutorial for fractals creating in 3ds Max? Or maybe any picture.... You know, I can model things (you can see my works here, just in this forum), but I stucked with fractal brushes creating in photoshop...
DivineConclave
Alie wrote:
2 DivineConclave: I like your close-up picture Wink It tooks a lot of time to render models with such materials, huh?

Actually, the render time on that wasn't long at all. Maybe a minute, tops. The ones that take forever are the landscapes because they look like real photos. I have had them take up to 20 minutes. Here is an example of one...

poet
Even though the computer room is well done, I am more impressed with your landscape work. Is that made with the same tools as the PC room??
DivineConclave
poet wrote:
Even though the computer room is well done, I am more impressed with your landscape work. Is that made with the same tools as the PC room??

No. I had to implement Terragen™ in order to get the atmospheric effects. I tried to do it with C4D, but it just wasn't possible. Photoshop would have been feasible with a gradient overlay, but I figured, "I have a new program. Let's play." hehe...

I have another program that's really good too for landscaping. There is a LOT you can do with it, but it doesn't look as realistic as what comes out of terragen™. But if you get Terragen™, expect long long long rendering times.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
I really like it. The case of the computer alot. What did you make it with ? 3D Max ?
DivineConclave
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
I really like it. The case of the computer alot. What did you make it with ? 3D Max ?

copy/pasted from previous post:

Snowboarder Doby wrote:

Yeah. I used
Cinema 4D
for the 3D graphics and then I used
Photoshop
for detailed editing of colour and cropping.
arya7D7
whoa, luv the chair. i know that's not the most important part of the picture though...
DivineConclave
arya7D7 wrote:
whoa, luv the chair. i know that's not the most important part of the picture though...

Thanks. Smile I was working a lot with acrylics at the time I made this and thought, "What about a chair made out of solid acrylic?" and thus it was born. hehe... Gave me a chance to play with speculars and transparencies and reflections in the program so it was actually an excellent experience to make the chair.

And as for its importance... i guess that's a perspective. I mean... it is art... everyone is going to like something different and hate something different than everyone else. If you look at it in terms of importance, the chair is just as important as anything else. Take the chair away, and the picture wouldn't be complete. It would leave the viewer seeing that empty space possibly knowing something is missing, but maybe not being aware of what it is. I guess to simplify that, the chair helps to complete the picture as much as the couch, the TV, the computer, etc.

Thanks again. Smile
Dragonfly-online
Wow, some of that stuff, is really nice, i was just wondering what type of program you would use ot make that (?)
Dragonfly-online
Oh. Nevermind, i just finished reading the above posts. Sry.
DivineConclave
hehe.. No worries. I do the same thing. Wink shhhh...

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, btw. Kinda between... homes at the moment. And therefore, ISPless so it may take me a little while to reply to things. Smile