FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Enabling Cron Jobs

KMKM
Hey all,
I just made a search on cron jobs as I needed it for my SMF shop bank interest to work. I have the guide for it on Control Panel, but as i am on the new server so i only have direct admin access(guide me if i am wrong).
I dont know if my cron jobs are enabled or not. Can someone tell me if they are? And please be kind to tell me how to do this *click me* on a direct admin.

Thanx!
James007
Could this be of any assistance? Smile
andy26
what are cron jobs
James007
Read the link:
Quote:
Cron jobs are system commands that can be scheduled. For example, if you wanted a CGI script to run every Monday morning, you could do this through the cron jobs menu. Values that can be set are minute, hour, day, month, and day of week
prozacnation
I looked in my settings and it says that cron jobs are on. I have tried all the tutorials on cron jobs and tried many combinations of commands trying to get it to run but with no luck. could somebody please help
Bondings
Cron jobs are enabled but you shouldn't use them too often, certainly not more than once every 15 minutes.

And they should be working fine.
prozacnation
Hey guys.
I have looked at every tutorial and cant get my cron to work, i have tested al the different commands trying to get my cron.php script to run.
if it is just in my public_html folder, could somebody please tell me the command i need to use to run it.
thanks
Blaster
I dont' believe you need cron jobs for the bank to work. You might want to talk to dainel15 on that one. I seen people that dont' run cron jobs for that.
KMKM
It didnt work for me Confused Let me try and use all the other alternatives!