FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WoW and you

Is the World of Warcraft creating its own Armageddon?
Yes, they are destroying the game without question.
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Yes. They are destroying the game in some places, but making up for it in others.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No. There are places for improvement, but the game is still strong and true.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

DivineConclave
I figure since this account is for the guild I lead in World of Warcraft, it is only fitting to post in this forum.

For those of you who play, how many think WoW is going downhill? They seem to be rewriting their own lore, ignoring suggestions from RPers (we are an RP guild on an RP/PvP server), ignoring bugs and glitches that have been present since release, the number of griefers and immature players seems to be on the rise, and one more buff will make Shaman as gods... and yet, their customer base keeps rising and those of us who are veterans keep playing. I personally have been playing since release and still very much enjoy the game. I'm hooked. Of course, I made it my goal to get a 60 of every class, so I guess I am also a little determined.

Anyway, I put it to you:
Are they (Blizzard and WoW) going downhill or do you think they are working to improve on these things?
Saber
well, I have played wow from beta 1, Its true that they dont "listen" to some players but they have payed attention to what people have been saying.

It might seem like they dont care, but they are not picking through the game for ever little glitch that comes around, also some glitches happen at random, and not always with the same thing.

Anyways, blizzard, as far as I can tell, is more on getting more 'content' out, and I think that they might be doing this because there is a good number of people that are just siting around at level 60 grinding their boredom, waiting for something new to happen.

But what you said brings questions in my mind, what bugs and glitches do you have in mind.

ps. Every class has taken its turn as the "best" class after some patch, but then with another patch they are either downsized or another class is patched and becomes the best one.

Tis is because they do one class at a time and such, just wait a while and things will work out.
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
well, I have played wow from beta 1, Its true that they dont "listen" to some players but they have payed attention to what people have been saying.

I do agree with this... it just seems like they're listening to the PvPers. There is no RP content, though there are some phenomenal ideas in their suggestions forums that have been sitting there collecting dust. And they are ideas that wouldn't take too much work to implement in even a small patch.

Quote:

It might seem like they dont care, but they are not picking through the game for ever little glitch that comes around, also some glitches happen at random, and not always with the same thing.

These are definitely ones that have been there since release and have been reported time and time again. Some are merely aesthetic, so it's no big deal, but others interrupt quest completions, ability to even do the quest in the first place, and in some cases, ability to even play.

Quote:

Anyways, blizzard, as far as I can tell, is more on getting more 'content' out, and I think that they might be doing this because there is a good number of people that are just siting around at level 60 grinding their boredom, waiting for something new to happen.

Yeah. I can understand that. I have 3 60s at the moment. Trying to get a 60 of each class... and then after that... a life. I think a lot of us would rather they fix the content they have before adding more. And if they DO add more, add some RP elements to it. We have enough PvP which, my opinion is that their PvP system is the worst yet. It requires you to KEEP PvPing which means that those who do the BGs are always in the BGs and the more casual PvPers can't ever find a group for PvE or even run with their friends who are too busy trying to keep their honour up.
Don't get me wrong, though. I still love the game. I am just getting really let down by it lately. And actually, I saw it going downhill when the BGs came out. Blizzard's focus seems to have gone from the game to the BGs and PvP.

Quote:

But what you said brings questions in my mind, what bugs and glitches do you have in mind.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head (because I haven't had coffee yet) is the quest in Wetlands... Alliance quest... the one where you have to kill the sailors and whatnot. The one in Darkshore, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" is the same way... and I think any other underwater boat quest... The mobs will agro on you through the floor and you can't target them until you're just about dead because you're busy trying to rifle through the targets frantically hitting TAB until you find the one that's hitting you. At level 23, I still had a hard time doing Deep Ocean Vast Sea because of that.
Then there are the repetitious loot bugs (not talking about the random ones that occur), the quest bugs where you get through the entire line to find out the last boss is bugged or something is wrong with the quest that keeps you from completing it. A good example of this is the boss in the Blasted Lands. After an INCREDIBLY LONG and difficult quest line, the teleportation runes to get you to a top of a mountain don't work. You have to sit on the rune, logout, then log back in and THEN the rune will work. The problem with this is that you can't effectively get a party up there together to fight the mob and if you die up there, you're pretty much screwed.

Ok.. I lied. I could think of more than one. There are actually quite a few more, but that's all I got for now.

My major complaint really though is the lack of RP when that was one thing they really pushed upon release.

Quote:

ps. Every class has taken its turn as the "best" class after some patch, but then with another patch they are either downsized or another class is patched and becomes the best one.

Yeah. I know. But have you seen the Shaman patches lately? The past three in a row, they got buffed and buffed hard. I'm just waiting until 1.12. I have a theory that in 1.12, they will get a spell called "Wrath of the Titans" and it will be a 0.5 second cast, use 125 mana, is a level 40 spell. What it will do is devastate any opposing faction anywhere on the continent whether in an instance or not. Then Imp Wrath will debuff those alliance for 4 days. But that's just a theory. hehe

And so ya know.. this isn't me whining because I can't hit as hard as Shaman. My current main is a Holy priest. I went into that knowing that I was a healer and that's all I wanted to be for this character. I was actually upset when they buffed Holy Priests so they could do more DPS because of the people who whined that they couldn't do DPS as a Holy Priest. My theory on that... if you want to do DPS, don't roll a healer. Just like if you want to heal, don't roll a tank. Or... you can just roll a druid and try em all out. LOL

Quote:

Tis is because they do one class at a time and such, just wait a while and things will work out.

This I can't really agree with. Until they start giving feedback to their players, I have a hard time thinking they are working on things to balance them out. It seems like what they do throws the game more and more out of balance. with each patch.

Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear more from your view. Smile
Saber
well first Im wondering if anyone else is going to hop in with our little chat,
oh well.

As for what you pointed out:

Quote:
though there are some phenomenal ideas in their suggestions forums that have been sitting there collecting dust.
Very true, but the staff might not think so, also you dont know what they are planning in the furture, they might allready have something to come thats similar to it.(I hope)

Quote:
my opinion is that their PvP system is the worst yet.

I do have to say that I thought that it was very amusing to hear that they added CTF and CAH to the game. I know that the game has taken a turn to pvp.. and some think its unfair with the ranked weapons and armor, I dont mind it as much, but at least tehy dont make it all that important to PVP, yet... As for your comment about having to keep up with your rank, I can understand why they did it. You need to have a system where there are only so many top ranks, and you need to make it so people cant just get their first and then sit there. So blizzard makes them "defend" their rank by spending unreasonable ammounts of time doing BG.

Quote:
The one in Darkshore, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea"

Sigh.. I remember this one to well. I had forgotten forgot about it, True its hard to do.. because they are bugged and can attack you thru the walls... but its able to be done, the 'wrong way' aka ghost runs and taking turns to be the meat shield.

Loot bugs I think will allways be around, I think those just have to do with packet loss, I think.

As far as warp/boss/etc quests I have noticed they are slowly working on fixes for them, very slowly. Theres a hord quest for shamans for the water totem, where the sprit that you need to talk to would sometimes just not be there.. and then you never could get it back. They added in a npc that will "summon" him back. I thought that it was a bit odd that they added the npc and not fix the problem, but it might be something that they arn't sure why either(Hope not).

With the bugs you brought up it brought somemore to my memory, but as far as I can tell they are working on some(that you can notice) and maybe on others.(Not fast enough)

Quote:
But have you seen the Shaman patches lately?

Well I just started a shammy a while back, only level 23(I dont get to play that often anymore) but I really do suck with him. Part of the problem is that my server(PVP) isnt the best place for me. Most of the people are level 60, or 50+ so allmost all the equipment is never my level range, and when it is, its up for unrealistic prices.

Anyways, my shaman sucks, but I guess thats my fult in both my armor, and the points I put into it.(Got any pointers?)

Quote:
My theory on that... if you want to do DPS, don't roll a healer

Thats a great theory, the only problem is that people roll charaters based off looks/or some abilities, not what the class is for.

and yah, druid. Sometimes I feel bad for them, it used to be worse tho. Them having to cary around different sets of armor just for them to be able to join different parties.

Quote:
This I can't really agree with.

Thinking about my statement more, I was thinking.. I wonder how many higher up people(who tend not to listen very well) want to see things in the game and tell the developers to do it, not thinking about what it will do. Just a thought though,

Also I find its easy for my slef to point things out but not to work on them(in general)

Your making me think.. Havent done that in a while, waiting for your response,

Saber
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
well first Im wondering if anyone else is going to hop in with our little chat,
oh well.

hehe... Maybe we're the only two left here that play WoW. lol

Quote:

As for what you pointed out:

Quote:
though there are some phenomenal ideas in their suggestions forums that have been sitting there collecting dust.
Very true, but the staff might not think so, also you dont know what they are planning in the furture, they might allready have something to come thats similar to it.(I hope)

Well, I do know that they are FINALLY planning on player housing and guild house ideas. I just don't know what they have planned for the guild houses as of yet. I REALLY hope they make them more like guilds rather than like common friends list which is as it is now.

Quote:

Quote:
my opinion is that their PvP system is the worst yet.

I do have to say that I thought that it was very amusing to hear that they added CTF and CAH to the game. I know that the game has taken a turn to pvp.. and some think its unfair with the ranked weapons and armor, I dont mind it as much, but at least tehy dont make it all that important to PVP, yet... As for your comment about having to keep up with your rank, I can understand why they did it. You need to have a system where there are only so many top ranks, and you need to make it so people cant just get their first and then sit there. So blizzard makes them "defend" their rank by spending unreasonable ammounts of time doing BG.

I understand why they did it too... but it really does ruin the game for the lot of us who don't focus on PvP. And it has attracted the most immature of players. :-/
I really enjoy an RP/PvP realm because I like the added thrill. However, I don't like griefers and those who are -deleted explative-s just because they can be. And that seems to be the majority that PvP is attracting... it's making me consider returning to a PvE server and that would just be.. well.. boring now.

Quote:

Quote:
The one in Darkshore, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea"

Sigh.. I remember this one to well. I had forgotten forgot about it, True its hard to do.. because they are bugged and can attack you thru the walls... but its able to be done, the 'wrong way' aka ghost runs and taking turns to be the meat shield.

Oh yeah. It can be done. Anything can be done in that game... but it would be interesting to be able to do it the right way for a change. lol

Quote:

Loot bugs I think will allways be around, I think those just have to do with packet loss, I think.

Yep. The loot bugs will always be there... but there are some that are repetitious. For instance, there is one thing of earthroot just north of Auberdine. It's bugged and has been for as long as I can remember.

Quote:

As far as warp/boss/etc quests I have noticed they are slowly working on fixes for them, very slowly. Theres a hord quest for shamans for the water totem, where the sprit that you need to talk to would sometimes just not be there.. and then you never could get it back. They added in a npc that will "summon" him back. I thought that it was a bit odd that they added the npc and not fix the problem, but it might be something that they arn't sure why either(Hope not).

Well, their 'fixes' lately have been kinda weird. Look at their 'fix' for the global LFG channel. There were tons of suggestions of how to fix it... so what do they do? They put a band-aid on it and hope it heals itself. They merely defaulted it to OFF. This isn't a fix. This is ignoring the problem. Not to mention the fact that I have left LFG channel time and time again and each time I roll a new toon, it is defaulted to ON anyway.

Quote:

With the bugs you brought up it brought somemore to my memory, but as far as I can tell they are working on some(that you can notice) and maybe on others.(Not fast enough)

Which ones?

Quote:

Quote:
But have you seen the Shaman patches lately?

Well I just started a shammy a while back, only level 23(I dont get to play that often anymore) but I really do suck with him. Part of the problem is that my server(PVP) isnt the best place for me. Most of the people are level 60, or 50+ so allmost all the equipment is never my level range, and when it is, its up for unrealistic prices.

I started a shaman, but I am holding off on it a while. Trying to get my hunter up to level first... then I will either head back to the Shaman or to one of my warlocks.

As for the unrealistic prices. It has seriously gotten out of hand. On Maelstrom, a stack of COPPER BARS is going for 4 gold. Whenever I put anything on the AH, I try to undercut drastically to pull the prices down. but that reminds me of another point. it seems that with each patch, Blizzard is catering to the wealthy in the game. My toons are all poor because I refuse to overcharge for things. And the things that they add to the game seems to revolve around the wealthy. What about us economically challenged? Sad

Quote:

Anyways, my shaman sucks, but I guess thats my fult in both my armor, and the points I put into it.(Got any pointers?)

None whatsoever. Other than roll an alliance healer on Maelstrom and look us up. Wink hehe

I haven't played Shaman enough to know much about them. Rogue, Priest, and Hunter, I could help you with... Mage a little, but it has been so long since I played my mage, I probably forgot most of it.

Quote:

Quote:
My theory on that... if you want to do DPS, don't roll a healer

Thats a great theory, the only problem is that people roll charaters based off looks/or some abilities, not what the class is for.

Then they need to not complain when their class isn't doing what they want it to. Another point where, the one time Blizzard shouldn't have reacted to suggestions, they did. I would have much rather they buffed a Holy Spec's heals. Reduce our mana cost, make the heals more potent via talent tree, get rid of that absolutely retarded lightwell (a bandage that costs mana? huh?), anything that would deal with the actual HEALING of the priest as a buff rather than the DPS would be great. Like I said... I rolled holy priest to be a healer. The others should go shadow if they want the DPS. *shrug* Just my 2 on that issue.

Quote:

and yah, druid. Sometimes I feel bad for them, it used to be worse tho. Them having to cary around different sets of armor just for them to be able to join different parties.

Yeah. I have a 50 druid that I really miss though. Druids really have the best of all worlds, but the worst as well. You're right about carrying around all that armour. *ugh*. They can fill up their bank with their armour alone. On the flip side, however, they're a great asset to a party. "Do we need DPS, a tank, or a healer?" -- "I dunno. grab a druid and we'll figure it out later." heheh

Quote:

Quote:
This I can't really agree with.

Thinking about my statement more, I was thinking.. I wonder how many higher up people(who tend not to listen very well) want to see things in the game and tell the developers to do it, not thinking about what it will do. Just a thought though,

Probably very possible. I mean, if you're a player with the power to change a dev's mind to suit the game as you would like it, MOST would follow through with that. I know that I wouldn't unless I thought my idea was superb, at which point I would try to DISCUSS it with the devs (if that's an option) rather than convince them outright... but I know most would take full advantage of that situation.

Quote:

Also I find its easy for my slef to point things out but not to work on them(in general)

I tend to undertake more tasks than I can keep up with, but I follow through with them at least. I also try to run many things like I run the guild. I welcome members' suggestions and take them into serious account. I let them make the decisions, for the most part, unless it will drastically affect the guild in a negative light, taking away from its purpose. Once a decision is made, I do my best to see it to its end.

Quote:

Your making me think.. Havent done that in a while, waiting for your response,

Saber

Don't hurt yoruself. Wink
It's good to thnk about these things though. It allows for, if Blizzard does, in fact listen, improvement in the game.

--Faeroth

PS: There may be another poster on here as well as I gave the account info to a trusted partner.
Saber
Quote:
Quote:

Which ones?
Um allmost done with work so Ill update when Im home, but such as;

Holes in walls/floors that you fall to your doom, mobs freeze so you cant attack them but they still are attcking you. um, getting killed as a ghost(short falls), mobs spawning in objects, boats/zepplins dropping you in the water when they get removed. um, Ill add more when I get home.

Quote:
As for the unrealistic prices. It has seriously gotten out of hand. On Maelstrom, a stack of COPPER BARS is going for 4 gold

.. now thats just crazy.. but then again.. part of that is "good" for some people. So if someone starts a new character and they need some money, they can just mine a few times, and there they go 4gold. BUT that only lasts for so long.. then they need to buy things too. So, its a bottomless pit that only farmers or people that pay the farmers 'win'.

Quote:
Then they need to not complain when their class isn't doing what they want it to.

Im with you on that. The only thing in my mind that I can think of is that there are some people that cant get up levels without "leaching" off of others. So with more dps they arn't left behind.

Quote:
"Do we need DPS, a tank, or a healer?" -- "I dunno. grab a druid and we'll figure it out later."

They take a hit in the bank, but they allmost allways got a party. I made a druid one time, only got to level 18 I think, then I found out that most of the people on the server didn't like them for some reason(namely they could be one of the three but not as well as one real ones,aka priest, mage, etc), thus fewer parties. So I ended up making a priest.

That also turned out not to be a good idea....
Quote:
"buff plz", "buff plx", and so on.

Im sure you might have had your fair share of random tells from people either begging/demanding/something for heals,buffs,res,whatever.

Along with that, mages... non stop "give me water" and such.

Quote:
PS: There may be another poster on here as well as I gave the account info to a trusted partner.

Thats fine,

--Saber
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which ones?
Um allmost done with work so Ill update when Im home, but such as;

Holes in walls/floors that you fall to your doom, mobs freeze so you cant attack them but they still are attcking you. um, getting killed as a ghost(short falls), mobs spawning in objects, boats/zepplins dropping you in the water when they get removed. um, Ill add more when I get home.

lol.. oh yeah. Those. hehe.. I love darkshore. There are a lot of bears in trees. You run and hear RAWR and look around like, "Wtf? Did that tree just growl at me?"

Quote:

Quote:
As for the unrealistic prices. It has seriously gotten out of hand. On Maelstrom, a stack of COPPER BARS is going for 4 gold

.. now thats just crazy.. but then again.. part of that is "good" for some people. So if someone starts a new character and they need some money, they can just mine a few times, and there they go 4gold. BUT that only lasts for so long.. then they need to buy things too. So, its a bottomless pit that only farmers or people that pay the farmers 'win'.

Yeah. I agree with ya there. It's nice for JUST starting out and it's nice for after you're already established. But those 50 levels in between and quite a bit of time into 60, it's very detrimental. Unfortunately, you are right... it caters to the farmers in that regard.

Quote:

Quote:
Then they need to not complain when their class isn't doing what they want it to.

Im with you on that. The only thing in my mind that I can think of is that there are some people that cant get up levels without "leaching" off of others. So with more dps they arn't left behind.

I dunno. This has always bothered me. I soloed my holy priest most of his journey. It isn't any more difficult, it just takes more patience because you have to take your time and not try to "pwn" everything in sight. It's all about the shield. heh

Quote:

Quote:
"Do we need DPS, a tank, or a healer?" -- "I dunno. grab a druid and we'll figure it out later."

They take a hit in the bank, but they allmost allways got a party. I made a druid one time, only got to level 18 I think, then I found out that most of the people on the server didn't like them for some reason(namely they could be one of the three but not as well as one real ones,aka priest, mage, etc), thus fewer parties. So I ended up making a priest.

Yeah. A lot of people don't like druids because they can roll on just about anything so they don't like the competition. but you would not BELIEVE the amount of people who have /telled me with "Priests suck. We don't want priests in our group. Druids heal better." *blink* I even heard someone say how, with healing gear, a druid can heal 1700 HP and priests only about 1000 so druids are better. Umm... My priest heals about 1300 on average WITHOUT ANY healing gear. :-/ I just don't get people sometimes. heh

Quote:

That also turned out not to be a good idea....
Quote:
"buff plz", "buff plx", and so on.

Im sure you might have had your fair share of random tells from people either begging/demanding/something for heals,buffs,res,whatever.

Along with that, mages... non stop "give me water" and such.

Not so much. They usually ask in /general. But... when I DO get the tells for it, if they do it in character, I'll go. But I found a very effective way to deal with gold beggars. They will ask for gold and I will sit down with them and start preaching about the Light. They either leave or start being complete morons. Either way, I win. heh

Quote:

Quote:

Thats fine,

--Saber

hehe.. just wanted to let you know so that if a differing opininon comes up (he's very Lore oriented with the game. MUCH more knowledgeable than I am on that topic), it's someone else and not just my other personality. Wink
Saber
Quote:
"Wtf? Did that tree just growl at me?"

why yes it did. I allways hated that, I would find a nice area to sit down and heal up, then I was "in" a fight... I never could find them and then they would smack me thru the inside of trees.

As My boat story I was playing and my brother was watching. I was riding the boat from the harbor to darkshore. Messing around, talking to people then they stoped talking, I thought, 'oh they just are in the loading screen', then I though, 'Huh, normaly its up by..' boat flickered a little bit and then no more boat. There was one other who was there.. we starting laughing because theres no way we could make it to shore before the fatigue killed us, and we cant ghost run back. So yah,

Quote:
But those 50 levels in between and quite a bit of time into 60, it's very detrimental.
That would be where I am.. I checked and my servers not as bad as yours, a stack of copper bars goes for 2 gold. I'm still poor, I found out that skinning is worthless for trading, and thinking about getting something else.

Quote:
you have to take your time and not try to "pwn" everything in sight.

Oh but remember, this is the world of now. People dont want to have to paly the game, they just want to be at the top.(thus the people that buy their characters)
I somewhat understand why(not spending those days/weeks/months getting equips, but It just feels empty to do that(at least in my mind)

Quote:
We don't want priests in our group. Druids heal better." *blink*
huh oO, um... maybe they just had a bad priest before?
Or they might be thinking about how squishy priests are?
And yah reading the heal "damage"(what do you call that?) they must have had a stupid priest that went for strength or something.

Quote:
when I DO get the tells for it, if they do it in character

Ah, I allready had forgotten that you play RP. Sometimes I think about playing RP but I cant keep the mindset. Also something that I'v be wondering about... In RP are there any people that clame that /tells and general chat are evil, cheating,something? because its not very realistic that you can do that.

Quote:
They will ask for gold and I will sit down with them and start preaching about the Light. They either leave or start being complete morons. Either way, I win. heh

hahaha... Man, thats great, and it only works on Rp servers I bet.

Quote:
(he's very Lore oriented with the game. MUCH more knowledgeable than I am on that topic), it's someone else and not just my other personality.

Well thanks for telling me in advance, so I dont hurt my brain thinking about it.
er, I guess that allready happened, or Im just having another one of my stupid moments.. Lore oriented with the game?

--Saber
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:

As My boat story I was playing and my brother was watching. I was riding the boat from the harbor to darkshore.

That one was having problems for a while with that. People always getting dropped in the ocean.

Quote:

Messing around, talking to people then they stoped talking, I thought, 'oh they just are in the loading screen', then I though, 'Huh, normaly its up by..' boat flickered a little bit and then no more boat. There was one other who was there.. we starting laughing because theres no way we could make it to shore before the fatigue killed us, and we cant ghost run back. So yah,

hehe.. yep... definite Spirit rez and try again. lol

Quote:

Quote:
But those 50 levels in between and quite a bit of time into 60, it's very detrimental.
That would be where I am.. I checked and my servers not as bad as yours, a stack of copper bars goes for 2 gold. I'm still poor, I found out that skinning is worthless for trading, and thinking about getting something else.

Yeah. I tried skinning as a money maker, but they don't sell for much. herbalism is crap until the higher skills. It's kinda weird how cloth sells better than herbs and skins.

Quote:

Quote:
you have to take your time and not try to "pwn" everything in sight.

Oh but remember, this is the world of now. People dont want to have to paly the game, they just want to be at the top.(thus the people that buy their characters)

Ugh. I got into it with a guild who is now blacklisted from our guild because they invited me to run MC and I agreed. I asked them what the Bid rules were, how it was gonna work, etc. They said, "You can't bid because you're not in our guild." I said, "You mean until I get points with your DKP system?" They said, "No. You have to be in our guild to bid. But if something drops that no one in our guild needs, you can have it." Which, all the other priests were already decked out so I WOULD have gotten free epics. However, they couldn't comprehend the fact that it wasn't about the stupid loot... it was about not being an arrogant, self-righteous guild and understanding that just because someone isn't IN their GUILD, they ARE on the run with them and should be treated equally. I didn't want free loot... I wanted equality in the group. I wanted to play the game as it should be played. What would have happened if there was a priest there in their guild who wasn't decked in purpz? I'd have had absolutely NO chance of ANY reimbursement for the run because I wasn't a C88 member. Anyway... that's my little rant. I try to be fair on both sides of the coin when I run. So few can comprehend anything beyond "phat lewtz".

Quote:

I somewhat understand why(not spending those days/weeks/months getting equips, but It just feels empty to do that(at least in my mind)

Why get a game if you don't want to experience it? Those are the same people who, at D&D, completely god-mod and meta-game their character sheets. They're the ones who are no fun to play with. And it's worse in an MMO because usually, they are also the ones who have NO idea how to play their class. There is a reason for starting at level 1 and working your way up. There is a reason you get certain spells at certain levels. It's so you know how to play the character before advancing. But that's a very difficult concept for some.

Quote:

Quote:
We don't want priests in our group. Druids heal better." *blink*
huh oO, um... maybe they just had a bad priest before?
Or they might be thinking about how squishy priests are?
And yah reading the heal "damage"(what do you call that?) they must have had a stupid priest that went for strength or something.

hehe.. I have one priest harrassing me because I have over 400 spirit unbuffed. She has a habit of name-calling and all that because she is an intellect priest. And yet... everytime we grouped together, I would outheal her because when she ran out of mana, she was out for the fight. When I ran out, i would wand three or four times and be ready to heal again. We haven't grouped in a long... long long time. Can't imagine why. 8-/
Shadow priests tend to spec like warlocks and that's really not that beneficial.

Quote:

Quote:
when I DO get the tells for it, if they do it in character

Ah, I allready had forgotten that you play RP. Sometimes I think about playing RP but I cant keep the mindset. Also something that I'v be wondering about... In RP are there any people that clame that /tells and general chat are evil, cheating,something? because its not very realistic that you can do that.

Some do, but most just keep a character there. I have an issue with general only because of the immature BS that goes on there. But as for the /tells, there's a really good way to explain it's possibility. There was a post about it somewhere on the WoW forums and I wish I could remember where... but they wrote out and explained an entire system where /tells actually relate to the hearthstone, using it as a communication device. I really liked that idea and adopted it. But I am the type who even finds ways to implement external programs into RP style. For instance, vent is a gnomish communication device. Our website is known as our guildhouse and can be located at Stormwind location ID: http://divineconclave.frih.net., etc. If you ever wanted to give RP a shot, let me know. We have some RP veterans in our guild and we have some who are completely new to MMOs and gaming on a whole.

Quote:

Quote:
They will ask for gold and I will sit down with them and start preaching about the Light. They either leave or start being complete morons. Either way, I win. heh

hahaha... Man, thats great, and it only works on Rp servers I bet.

hehe.. most likely. Would probably work on other servers too, but only because they'll think you're a lunatic. I was on with my shadow priest earlier and had someone ask me:
"Could I get 50s for new armour?"
I said, "Probably. I think the humanoidsss in the wild have sssome on them. Or the beassstsss may drop ssomething of value."
They replied with "Piece of -deleted expletive-".
My reply was simple and to the point:
"Enjoy your vacation from World of Warcraft. you have just been reported."

Quote:

Quote:
(he's very Lore oriented with the game. MUCH more knowledgeable than I am on that topic), it's someone else and not just my other personality.

Well thanks for telling me in advance, so I dont hurt my brain thinking about it.
er, I guess that allready happened, or Im just having another one of my stupid moments.. Lore oriented with the game?

Yeah. Thoughts are damaging to the thought process.
Yes. Like the history of Azeroth, how it became what it is, the light, the shadow, etc etc etc. He's our guild historian because I think he knows the lore better than blizzard does. hehe
Dark_Jedi06
Well I don't play the game...but my three brothers have been playing the Warcraft series since the very first one, and they've all quit World of Warcraft because of this expansion.

Now I can't really give my own opinion, but three hardened Warcraft veterans are quiting because of this expansion so that has to say something.
DivineConclave
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
Well I don't play the game...but my three brothers have been playing the Warcraft series since the very first one, and they've all quit World of Warcraft because of this expansion.

Now I can't really give my own opinion, but three hardened Warcraft veterans are quiting because of this expansion so that has to say something.

Yeah. Personally, I can't wait for the expansion because of some really cool stuff they're talking about doing... one of which being the afore mentioned guild houses and player housing... but they're really screwing a lot up too. And again, they're going to be catering to the rich in the game. They are implementing flying mounts. Now... that sounds cool and all, but flying mounts can ONLY be used in the outlands which will be one instanced zone in the whole game, and they cost about a million gold (no. I am not exaggerating. That's what they're supposedly going to cost). Not to mention the destruction of the lore and of the game individuality with the paladin/shaman thing they're doing for "balance". It's really a shame too because they had what MANY consider to be the best MMO out there. And they're ruining it. It's enough to make me consider dropping WoW and going back to SWG, except I really like the people in my guild and they're worth playing with. I already said that if the guild falls for any reason, I'm killing off my characters.
I will either go back to SWG and get JLS (which I understand is a free expansion now) or I will go back to CoH and get CoV. Haven't decided yet.
Saber
First off, Someone else Posted! Its allways a good thing to see other people reading,

Quote:
Yeah. I tried skinning as a money maker, but they don't sell for much. herbalism is crap until the higher skills. It's kinda weird how cloth sells better than herbs and skins.

I found out last night that wool on my server can make me some money. Most people have a stack up for start big at 1.4 gold, so I put mine up for 50 silver and they sell like candy.

Quote:
DKP system

I never have had to deal with the SKP system, yet... Every time I have an account to play on its never my own(freinds that stoped playing for a few months, brothers, brothers friend that moved out of country, etc) so I tended to have a limited time playing before, leaving me only to get upto the high 40s, low 50s.

But the guy in the dorm next to mine played wow 24/7 and we set up a teamspeak server so the two of us could talk without yelling. He ended up having a hard time with his guild and the dkp system, but Im

glad that its there. Its allways really *(&^ when your in a party and something nice drops. People roll greed, and then just before the times up the one person rolls need... even that they cant use it...

Quote:
Why get a game if you don't want to experience it?

Well, I dont think the same way as this but, I assume that peopel do this because of a few possible reasons.
1- They suck at the game
2- they have extra money and dont like really playing the game they just like messing around in it.
3-no idea

As for your example of how people make them selves into god modes and such.. I have no idea.. Theres a game called Never Whinter Nights(dnd based) and the few people that I knew who got that game cheated and did that within the first 5 minutes of installing it. I dont understand why people do that, I only can think that they must suck at the game if they need to cheat. (not saying that people who might be bad at games either allways cheat or need to)

Quote:
Shadow priests tend to spec like warlocks and that's really not that beneficial.

Speaking of shadow priests, I remember a time when I was with one of my guild mates, we were walking along some path,(me 45 her 48) and we bumped into a party of 3 hord, (47-48). For a minute or two it was that odd stand still of thinking, is it worth attcking? Can we win? But it was them who broke the wait and started to attack us, My guild mate changed to shadow mode and they ran away, ~.~
Im still sure that they could have won.. but I still find it amusing.

Quote:
/tells actually relate to the hearthstone,

Ah, I never had thought about that. I guess that makes a lot of sense. I mean, if a stone can warp people, then it sure could/should be able to 'warp' sound.

@Dark_Jedi06
Thanks for joining in,
Yah, I know there are other people that think the expansion will kill the game, I know that some things blizzard is doing will be cool, and others just stupid.
At least they wont have a different month fee for the expantion.(not just ripping off peoples walletes, but also be ripping peoples hearts(or something not as violent) out.

Quote:
guild houses and player housing

I really like the Idea but it makes me wonder how they are going to pull that off.. I mean, how many people are going to want a house? I assume all most everyone, so they either have to have a HUGE area(s), a limited ammount, or make the price really high.

Either way, its like you said, its aminig for the rich in the game.

Quote:
flying mounts

As cool as it would be to fly, its not worth the time in my mind. First you have to be level 70 to get the quest string, then 6 months later of farming for the gold and quests you get to fly... woo hoo..

The shamman/paladin thing I wish they would have done better, but who knows whats going on in their heads.

Quote:
I already said that if the guild falls for any reason

Well I hate to say it, but even the best guilds can drop bottom out, fast.
So I hope that while your still happy with wow, that doesn't happen.

Never played SWG, and dont think I would(it just doesnt seem to grab me) COH/COV is fun but the itemless kind of ness, itsn't my taste(alotho its sometiems nice)
Lyriqz
in some questionable dought wow is headed down hill in a bad way, Given horde pallies (gayest thing ever) and given the alliance our!!(horde) shammys, isnt the best idea they have came up with, Altho in other views... haven pallys might buffs in raids would help alot better, but as for the world PVP along with the BG's that is going down hill with cross races now, I agree im rolling BE, but heh cold day in hell when i roll it to pallys...................

in other views people seem to be arguen about the new classes, when really them classes where stated in warcraft 3 *exspansion* yet people still played it and people still fill out there subscription fees to play wow, So in the end your going to be calling alot of bluffs... cuz who really going to stop paying to play it? wow is a drug.......... and there is no rehab for it
Saryon
It's not easy at all, with such a big company, and so many users, to take everything in account. I agree that they should have looked more after the bugs and glitches. But you can't have everything.
However, I think they're destroying their own world. With the burning crusade, they've put up a lot of good ideas. But the shaman/paladin issue is pretty stupid and ridiculous. The shamans were one of the big reasons why to play Horde, or the Paladins to play the Alliance. I mean, common, a blood-elf Paladin, how stupid is that?
If they continue like this, I'm curious to see what the future brings. Even more stupid ideas?
Lyriqz
Saryon wrote:
It's not easy at all, with such a big company, and so many users, to take everything in account. I agree that they should have looked more after the bugs and glitches. But you can't have everything.
However, I think they're destroying their own world. With the burning crusade, they've put up a lot of good ideas. But the shaman/paladin issue is pretty stupid and ridiculous. The shamans were one of the big reasons why to play Horde, or the Paladins to play the Alliance. I mean, common, a blood-elf Paladin, how stupid is that?
If they continue like this, I'm curious to see what the future brings. Even more stupid ideas?

couldnt agree with you more, they should have added 2 new classes instead of cross classes, Necromancers would be hot, along with a type of class that resembles Kirtonos the Herald from Scholomance *the blood summon'd boss* would add alot more adventure in to the game, Along with a new type of PVP battle.
DivineConclave
Lyriqz wrote:
in some questionable dought wow is headed down hill in a bad way, Given horde pallies (gayest thing ever) and given the alliance our!!(horde) shammys, isnt the best idea they have came up with, Altho in other views... haven pallys might buffs in raids would help alot better, but as for the world PVP along with the BG's that is going down hill with cross races now, I agree im rolling BE, but heh cold day in hell when i roll it to pallys...................

I think shaman are extremely overpowered and need to be hit hard with the nerf bat. Blizz should have balanced the classes rather than what they did.
DivineConclave
Saryon wrote:

I agree that it would be difficult to keep up with the bugs and issues... but because they let them get that way. A lot of those bugs and issues were there on release when they still had a 'fairly small' player base. Plus, I would really hope they have more than one guy with an etch-a-sketch devving.

Alliance side took a REALLY hard hit when they nerfed pallies like they did. Paladin went to become pretty much a healing class. Paladin are like the family doctors where the priests are the surgeons.

And so everyone knows, my complaints about it aren't biased. I play alliance AND horde, as I am sure most of you do. So I see the balance issue on both sides.
DivineConclave
Lyriqz wrote:
Saryon wrote:

couldnt agree with you more, they should have added 2 new classes instead of cross classes, Necromancers would be hot,

hehe... Agreed.
It's kinda funny. I was just havign the exact same discussion with one of my friends who will be getting the game when he returns from Iraq. I let him roll his first character on my account yesterday and he's hooked. Muahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... another vict-- err... player.
Anyway.. we were discussing how they should have seriously brought necros in. But then again, I mentioned the point of raids... if you're in a raid group with a necro, and then all of a sudden there are 50 billion level 1 skellies lagging the screen, it could turn out bad. But they could nerf that a bit to make it, say, a necro can summon 3 maximum at a level equal or slightly lower to your own.

Quote:

along with a type of class that resembles Kirtonos the Herald from Scholomance *the blood summon'd boss* would add alot more adventure in to the game, Along with a new type of PVP battle.

I think it would be kinda neat if they would have brought in two elemental classes.I don't know hoe feasible that would have been, but it would be neat to be able to roll an elemental.
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
First off, Someone else Posted! Its allways a good thing to see other people reading,

Quote:

I found out last night that wool on my server can make me some money. Most people have a stack up for start big at 1.4 gold, so I put mine up for 50 silver and they sell like candy.

That's how I typically do it. When you get the item for free, even a few silver is a profit.

Quote:

Quote:
DKP system

I never have had to deal with the SKP system, yet... Every time I have an account to play on its never my own(freinds that stoped playing for a few months, brothers, brothers friend that moved out of country, etc) so I tended to have a limited time playing before, leaving me only to get upto the high 40s, low 50s.

DKP is a pain in the butt, but more fair than the /random or Need/Greed system.

Quote:

But the guy in the dorm next to mine played wow 24/7 and we set up a teamspeak server so the two of us could talk without yelling. He ended up having a hard time with his guild and the dkp system, but Im

We use vent. I prefer TS for various reasons, but the voice quality is better on vent and since everyone uses vent now, it's kinda needed for raids. :-/ I have a problem with people who REQUIRE it, which is many, to go on their raids. They use vent as a crutch. I miss the days of playing with NO voice communication. That was when you HAD to be organized and prepared. It taught you how to play that much better.

Quote:

glad that its there. Its allways really *(&^ when your in a party and something nice drops. People roll greed, and then just before the times up the one person rolls need... even that they cant use it...

That is insta-gkick if any of my members do that. I don't tolerate that. And there has been a rise of @$$es in the game and their guilds support that behaviour.

Quote:

Quote:
Why get a game if you don't want to experience it?

Well, I dont think the same way as this but, I assume that peopel do this because of a few possible reasons.
1- They suck at the game
2- they have extra money and dont like really playing the game they just like messing around in it.
3-no idea

4 - Their mommy and daddy bought them their account and they're the immature ones who just want to grief and 'pwn n00bs'.

Quote:

As for your example of how people make them selves into god modes and such.. I have no idea.. Theres a game called Never Whinter Nights(dnd based) and the few people that I knew who got that game cheated and did that within the first 5 minutes of installing it. I dont understand why people do that, I only can think that they must suck at the game if they need to cheat. (not saying that people who might be bad at games either allways cheat or need to)

I played NWN for a little while. It was a fun game. heh...

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of shadow priests, I remember a time when I was with one of my guild mates, we were walking along some path,(me 45 her 4Cool and we bumped into a party of 3 hord, (47-4Cool. For a minute or two it was that odd stand still of thinking, is it worth attcking? Can we win? But it was them who broke the wait and started to attack us, My guild mate changed to shadow mode and they ran away, ~.~
Im still sure that they could have won.. but I still find it amusing.

LOL.. That's classic. I was on with my shadow priest and was being ganked by a Shaman. I stood there a moment with.
/blink
/smile
and then proceeded to melt his face.

He came back shortly thereafter with 4 others. I hate dying in stonetalon. the run is way too far. Sad

Quote:

Quote:
/tells actually relate to the hearthstone,

Ah, I never had thought about that. I guess that makes a lot of sense. I mean, if a stone can warp people, then it sure could/should be able to 'warp' sound.

It's a really good explanation and gives us RPers a reason to use /tell while still staying in the environment of the character. I had one where I destroyed my hearthstone and didn't respond to any /tells until I got another one.

Quote:

@Dark_Jedi06
Thanks for joining in,
Yah, I know there are other people that think the expansion will kill the game, I know that some things blizzard is doing will be cool, and others just stupid.
At least they wont have a different month fee for the expantion.(not just ripping off peoples walletes, but also be ripping peoples hearts(or something not as violent) out.

I don't think any pay a second monthly fee for expansions, do they? That would really destroy their player base if they did. Who's going to pay $30 a month for one game?

Oh yeah... the ones who can buy their gold off ebay in the first place. Nevermind.

Quote:

Quote:
guild houses and player housing

I really like the Idea but it makes me wonder how they are going to pull that off.. I mean, how many people are going to want a house? I assume all most everyone, so they either have to have a HUGE area(s), a limited ammount, or make the price really high.
Either way, its like you said, its aminig for the rich in the game.

Well... they are talking about making them instance based so it would keep the area congestion down. However, SWG had world guildhouses and it was incredible. You could make little towns with your friends and others could try to raid your town and such. I think world housing would work, but there would have to be stipulations. But then again, that would raise the price even more. If they allowed player world housing, I already know where I would want mine. And it would be cool if, when you got your house, you could buy a griffon for your house so you would have your own flight point.

Quote:

Quote:
flying mounts

As cool as it would be to fly, its not worth the time in my mind. First you have to be level 70 to get the quest string, then 6 months later of farming for the gold and quests you get to fly... woo hoo..

yeah. I have been 60 for a long long long long time with a few characters... I STILL don't even have my epic mount for any of them. I would certainly never get my flying.

Quote:

The shamman/paladin thing I wish they would have done better, but who knows whats going on in their heads.

certainly not blizzard.

Quote:

Quote:
I already said that if the guild falls for any reason

Well I hate to say it, but even the best guilds can drop bottom out, fast.
So I hope that while your still happy with wow, that doesn't happen.

Yep. Seen it happen too often. Actually, it usually IS the good guilds that fall because the zerg guilds and those full of @$$wipes guild farm members.

Quote:

Never played SWG, and dont think I would(it just doesnt seem to grab me) COH/COV is fun but the itemless kind of ness, itsn't my taste(alotho its sometiems nice)

SWG is (or at least was) a great game. I would put it as one of the best MMOs out there with the various things you can do. It was really detailed and you could individualize your character quite a bit.

I actually enjoyed the itemlessness of CoH. It seemed to attract the more mature players who weren't hell bent on "phat lewtz". It was more about your character and about the game rather than the loot.
Saber
Quote:
That was when you HAD to be organized and prepared. It taught you how to play that much better.

I remember when there wastnt vent/ts and your right, you had to be organized and ready, the problem now is that most runs tend to involve some newer people.(and by new I dont mean by the first time running that instance) And the fact that yah, people dont want to type or read as much.

I sometimes miss those days, but its also night to me able so sit back and play only with your mouse( I use a mouse guesteur mod so I have some "hotkeys").

Quote:
4 - Their mommy and daddy bought them their account and they're the immature ones who just want to grief and 'pwn n00bs'.

hahaha yah.. not much to add to that one.

Quote:
He came back shortly thereafter with 4 others.

Now this is something that tends to bother me, When you kill someone in an 'even' fight, meaning equal number of people fighting, and they come back with more to really unbalance it, what goes through thier mind that when they win they think their really good? I mean, it can be done, but 1 vs 4(same levels) tends to be a downer for the one person.

I have been outnumbered ganked so many times and then followed by them talking about how good they are.

Quote:
It's a really good explanation and gives us RPers a reason to use /tell while still staying in the environment of the character. I had one where I destroyed my hearthstone and didn't respond to any /tells until I got another one.

Nice, just a question about /tell. Is it at all different than /w?
I dont think it is, but IM not to sure and cant test right now.

Quote:
I don't think any pay a second monthly fee for expansions, do they? That would really destroy their player base if they did. Who's going to pay $30 a month for one game?

What I had said above that, was that Im glad that they wont charge a different monthly fee. They are going to charge for the expantion, but due to some overlap, the normal game will get some of the updates.

So my guess is that the expantion will cost $30-$40(I hope less).
And yah, there are lots of people that would still pay $30 a month to play... just because they are so addicted to it.(I try not to be, but then again, Im one of those peopel that get on just to check the AH or mail.. and then end up getting off 8 hours later(really late at night).

Quote:
Well... they are talking about making them instance based

Ah I guess that would make sense, at least for peoele to go to their own guild place, It reminds me of GW. You would warp to your guild/housing and you could invite people to get warped in.

Quote:
when you got your house, you could buy a griffon for your house so you would have your own flight point.

That would be really cool but I dont think that they would do that. They would then have to make a new flight path for EVERY house, and I think they like working on other things than that. It might be that you get another stone or your Hearth stone can warp you there.

Quote:
I actually enjoyed the itemlessness of CoH. It seemed to attract the more mature players who weren't hell bent on "phat lewtz". It was more about your character and about the game rather than the loot.

I'v noticed that also, COH is more of a RPes place. But due to you write backgrounds to your character and such, and no items, people play the game a bit 'nicer'.
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
Quote:
That was when you HAD to be organized and prepared. It taught you how to play that much better.

I remember when there wastnt vent/ts and your right, you had to be organized and ready, the problem now is that most runs tend to involve some newer people.(and by new I dont mean by the first time running that instance) And the fact that yah, people dont want to type or read as much.

I sometimes miss those days, but its also night to me able so sit back and play only with your mouse( I use a mouse guesteur mod so I have some "hotkeys").

I completely agree with the nicety and the convenience of comm. programs. I like using them. But my complaint are about those who rely on them... those who wouldn't be able to do the endgame stuff without them.

Quote:

Quote:
He came back shortly thereafter with 4 others.

Now this is something that tends to bother me, When you kill someone in an 'even' fight, meaning equal number of people fighting, and they come back with more to really unbalance it, what goes through thier mind that when they win they think their really good? I mean, it can be done, but 1 vs 4(same levels) tends to be a downer for the one person.

I have been outnumbered ganked so many times and then followed by them talking about how good they are.

Yep. I can't count the number of times I got /laughed at and /spit on when ganked from a much larger group or from someone with a much higher level. It makes me wish I knew them in real life so I could knock some maturity into them. But then I remember that the ones who do that are usually the ones who get the crap beat out of them in school. But then I remember that... hey. I got the crap beat out of me in school and I wasn't like that. hehe... so I dunno. I think they just need a good beating.

Quote:

Quote:

Nice, just a question about /tell. Is it at all different than /w?
I dont think it is, but IM not to sure and cant test right now.

Nope. Same thing. I just got so used to typing /tell.

Quote:

Quote:

What I had said above that, was that Im glad that they wont charge a different monthly fee. They are going to charge for the expantion, but due to some overlap, the normal game will get some of the updates.

So my guess is that the expantion will cost $30-$40(I hope less).
And yah, there are lots of people that would still pay $30 a month to play... just because they are so addicted to it.(I try not to be, but then again, Im one of those peopel that get on just to check the AH or mail.. and then end up getting off 8 hours later(really late at night).

LOL... I'd be lying if I said I never did that. Seems to happen too much.

Me: "I'm just logging on to check my mail."
Someone from guild: "Can someone help me with XXX?"
Me: "Sure. Be right there."

6-8 hours later...

Me: Well. I should log for the night.
Random tell request: Wanna help in scholo?
Me: Sure. Let me get some reagents and I'll be right there.

Quote:

Quote:
Well... they are talking about making them instance based

Ah I guess that would make sense, at least for peoele to go to their own guild place, It reminds me of GW. You would warp to your guild/housing and you could invite people to get warped in.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind guild houses being instanced at all. But the player housing I would prefer to have world housed. However, it would be REALLY cool to have the guild houses world based so that we can raid "opposing guilds' " houses. There are a couple guilds in our own faction that I would LOVE the ability to officially declare them as rivals.

Quote:

Quote:
when you got your house, you could buy a griffon for your house so you would have your own flight point.

That would be really cool but I dont think that they would do that. They would then have to make a new flight path for EVERY house, and I think they like working on other things than that. It might be that you get another stone or your Hearth stone can warp you there.

The hearthstone thing would work too. I know that (again, SWG reference) in SWG, they had shuttle bays that you could buy for your 'town'. The shuttle bays were accessible to anyone, but cost more for those not declared residents of that town.

Quote:

Quote:

I'v noticed that also, COH is more of a RPes place. But due to you write backgrounds to your character and such, and no items, people play the game a bit 'nicer'.

Yeah. And that was something I was hoping for on the RP servers, but it seems that the RP servers (especially the RP/PvP servers) attract the even bigger jack@$$es because they roll there JUST to grief.
Lyriqz
Quote:
hehe... Agreed.
It's kinda funny. I was just havign the exact same discussion with one of my friends who will be getting the game when he returns from Iraq. I let him roll his first character on my account yesterday and he's hooked. Muahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... another vict-- err... player.
Anyway.. we were discussing how they should have seriously brought necros in. But then again, I mentioned the point of raids... if you're in a raid group with a necro, and then all of a sudden there are 50 billion level 1 skellies lagging the screen, it could turn out bad. But they could nerf that a bit to make it, say, a necro can summon 3 maximum at a level equal or slightly lower to your own.

LOL, i agree that would be a wild lagg spike, hmmm guess 2 skels for lvl 10 threw 20, 4skels 20-30, 6 skels 30-40, 8skels 40-50, and 10skels for 50-60 at 60 get an extra 2 or something lol, but the only part alot of people is going to hate is the life drain they do.. behind a bone shield LOL... that would own tho, instead of damage taken... its the number of hits taken...... altho your mana will probly burn so fast lol
Quote:
Saber
Quote:
Yep. I can't count the number of times I got /laughed at and /spit on when ganked from a much larger group or from someone with a much higher level. It makes me wish I knew them in real life so I could knock some maturity into them. But then I remember that the ones who do that are usually the ones who get the crap beat out of them in school. But then I remember that... hey. I got the crap beat out of me in school and I wasn't like that. hehe... so I dunno. I think they just need a good beating.

Eh, I guess that happens more than not, I knew a few people in high school that played and when I brought up the game they acted like they didnt know me because they were too embarrassed to let other people know that they played ocmputer games... OH NOOOO.. sigh. Oh well thats their choice, I used to get picked on a bit in high school because I sat at a computer most of the time. Now at college I still get made fun of but I dont care. Even some of the girls stop by and watch, ^^;.

Quote:

Ah ok, I'm just used to /w then, with w3 and all. Also just remembering back, Im still glad that they added, r to reply to the last person.(saves on typing.)

Quote:
6-8 hours later...

yah.. Some days I'll be playing all day, and I'm thinking, huh this isnt all that fun, yet Im glued to the computer. Try loggin off and hten something catches my eye and I play for another 5 hours.

Quote:
Yeah. I wouldn't mind guild houses being instanced at all. But the player housing I would prefer to have world housed. However, it would be REALLY cool to have the guild houses world based so that we can raid "opposing guilds' " houses. There are a couple guilds in our own faction that I would LOVE the ability to officially declare them as rivals.

After thinking about it, I think that that would be a cool idea. It reminds me of RO, where they have castles that your guild can take. BUT only during some times. It would be nuts if it was open for ransacking 24/7.
But that would add some new 'fun' into the game.

As for what you said about getting your friend hooked.. I had a friend that said he hatted the game, how he hatted everything about it. I then found out that he had never played before.. SO I 'borrowed' his laptop(with his girl friends permission) and set up a 10 day trial.
The next day I went over to his room and found that he had been playing for the past 12 hours. For a while he couldnt get off, but with summer and him moving home, where he doesnt have internet(that must suck) he stoped playing.
DivineConclave
Lyriqz wrote:

LOL, i agree that would be a wild lagg spike, hmmm guess 2 skels for lvl 10 threw 20, 4skels 20-30, 6 skels 30-40, 8skels 40-50, and 10skels for 50-60 at 60 get an extra 2 or something lol, but the only part alot of people is going to hate is the life drain they do.. behind a bone shield LOL... that would own tho, instead of damage taken... its the number of hits taken...... altho your mana will probly burn so fast lol

That would work a little better. I still think they'd need to renew the duct tape on their servers first though. And there would have to be some other balance issues to play with too. If it were like it was in warcraft, a raid of necros could down onyxia without much issue. Well.. take 32 necros and 8 healers (one for each group) and slay a dragon.

Saber wrote:
Quote:

Eh, I guess that happens more than not, I knew a few people in high school that played and when I brought up the game they acted like they didnt know me because they were too embarrassed to let other people know that they played ocmputer games... OH NOOOO.. sigh. Oh well thats their choice, I used to get picked on a bit in high school because I sat at a computer most of the time. Now at college I still get made fun of but I dont care. Even some of the girls stop by and watch, ^^;.

hehe.. in college, I wasn't made fun of very often because I didn't have much time to play, unfortunately. Class from 9am to 4 or 5 pm, be in the theatre from 6pm to about 7am, then back to class, sneaking in naps when I could. Fun times I care not to repeat. LOL

Quote:

Quote:

Ah ok, I'm just used to /w then, with w3 and all. Also just remembering back, Im still glad that they added, r to reply to the last person.(saves on typing.)

R has always been like that. What they were SUPPOSED to add was SHIFT-R which was supposed to send a tell to the last person YOU /telled to. It doesn't work. :-/

Quote:

Quote:
6-8 hours later...

yah.. Some days I'll be playing all day, and I'm thinking, huh this isnt all that fun, yet Im glued to the computer. Try loggin off and hten something catches my eye and I play for another 5 hours.

Or on slow days, you're bored so you log off and go to do something else and realize "I'm bored" so you log back on.

Quote:

Quote:

After thinking about it, I think that that would be a cool idea. It reminds me of RO, where they have castles that your guild can take. BUT only during some times. It would be nuts if it was open for ransacking 24/7.
But that would add some new 'fun' into the game.

And it would give PvP more of a purpose. Right now, PvP in WoW has no purpose.

Quote:

As for what you said about getting your friend hooked.. I had a friend that said he hatted the game, how he hatted everything about it. I then found out that he had never played before.. SO I 'borrowed' his laptop(with his girl friends permission) and set up a 10 day trial.
The next day I went over to his room and found that he had been playing for the past 12 hours. For a while he couldnt get off, but with summer and him moving home, where he doesnt have internet(that must suck) he stoped playing.

LOL.. Classic. Have to get him back.
Saber
Quote:
hehe.. in college, I wasn't made fun of very often because I didn't have much time to play, unfortunately. Class from 9am to 4 or 5 pm, be in the theatre from 6pm to about 7am, then back to class, sneaking in naps when I could. Fun times I care not to repeat. LOL

Wow, my college day goes 7am-noon class, then WOW... more wow... dinner then more wow.

Quote:
R has always been like that. What they were SUPPOSED to add was SHIFT-R which was supposed to send a tell to the last person YOU /telled to. It doesn't work. :-/

I didnt think that it was allways that way(maybe im just thinking back to w3 days, but the shift r would be nice, I didnt know about that(or that they said they would do that)

Quote:

Sure it does.. you can get some nice armor/weapons... sorta... depending on lots of things, but you need to keep ranks to keep it~

Quote:

I tried this summer when he was able to play, now he says that he has quit playing games for good. I dont think he can pull that one off but Yah, I still try.

Hmm... well its sad to say, but I think our(your) topic is dieing slowly... If you noticed our(mostly mine) posts have gotten shorter and less to say... SO, that just means I need to come up with something else to talk about(on topic still)
er.. never mind,

Quote:

That would work a little better. I still think they'd need to renew the duct tape on their servers first though. And there would have to be some other balance issues to play with too. If it were like it was in warcraft, a raid of necros could down onyxia without much issue. Well.. take 32 necros and 8 healers (one for each group) and slay a dragon.

well as it would be nice to see new classes and not have them ruin the siding of horde/alliace I think it would be hard to balance.
Necos would be fun, like they are in GW(or better) but other than lag, and ammount of them, I would have to think that the play shouldnt have that much control over them(like a hunters pet). Maybe that they can give an order but they might not follow it all the way, or something. IT would add some chance into it.

-saber
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
Quote:

Wow, my college day goes 7am-noon class, then WOW... more wow... dinner then more wow.

*blink* I hate you. Razz

Quote:

Quote:

I didnt think that it was allways that way(maybe im just thinking back to w3 days, but the shift r would be nice, I didnt know about that(or that they said they would do that)

Yeah. I think it was back at 1.10 or 1.11 they were supposed to implement that SHIFT-R option.

Quote:

Quote:

Sure it does.. you can get some nice armor/weapons... sorta... depending on lots of things, but you need to keep ranks to keep it~

hehe.. I guess... but I play by the style of actual loot shouldn't be the goal. it would be nice to have actual goals in mind.

Quote:

Quote:

I tried this summer when he was able to play, now he says that he has quit playing games for good. I dont think he can pull that one off but Yah, I still try.

ROFL.. yeah... right. How many of us have said that?

Quote:

Hmm... well its sad to say, but I think our(your) topic is dieing slowly... If you noticed our(mostly mine) posts have gotten shorter and less to say... SO, that just means I need to come up with something else to talk about(on topic still)
er.. never mind,

hehe.. it's all good. Mine are getting shorter too, but hey... at least it's still something to talk about. And others have joined in so that's always a good thing.

Quote:

Quote:

well as it would be nice to see new classes and not have them ruin the siding of horde/alliace I think it would be hard to balance.
Necos would be fun, like they are in GW(or better) but other than lag, and ammount of them, I would have to think that the play shouldnt have that much control over them(like a hunters pet). Maybe that they can give an order but they might not follow it all the way, or something. IT would add some chance into it.

Yeah. I think it would have to be limited to "attack X target". beyond that, their method would be randomized.
Saber
Quote:
*blink* I hate you. Razz
well yah.. it wont be that way this next year, but as you hate me, the guy next door to me had classes one time a week.. on wed he start class at 8:30 and go to 9pm. The rest of the week he just played wow.. It was sometimes hard for us to get him off to get food. Some days the only way was to unplug his network(I know thats really mean, but it was needed)

Quote:
hehe.. I guess... but I play by the style of actual loot shouldn't be the goal.

Yah, loot shouldnt be the sol part of a game, but many people make it out to be. Although sometimes I hear of loot on RP servers being nuts expensive, just because people want to play a roll.(Only have heard some stories about it though) anything like that on your server?

Quote:

um... lets see, formy self, maybe 20ish times?

Quote:
Yeah. I think it would have to be limited to "attack X target". beyond that, their method would be randomized.

and maybe they would attack their"master" or other party memebers.

-saber
DivineConclave
Saber wrote:
Quote:
*blink* I hate you. Razz
well yah.. it wont be that way this next year, but as you hate me, the guy next door to me had classes one time a week.. on wed he start class at 8:30 and go to 9pm. The rest of the week he just played wow.. It was sometimes hard for us to get him off to get food. Some days the only way was to unplug his network(I know thats really mean, but it was needed)

hehe... Toward the middle of my college career, I learned to schedule all classes for sometime after noon, 2 days a week. So I would have long 2 days, but the rest were mine. And then when you become a senior, you don't really have that luxury anymore because you're done with all your generals. :-/

Quote:

Quote:
hehe.. I guess... but I play by the style of actual loot shouldn't be the goal.

Yah, loot shouldnt be the sol part of a game, but many people make it out to be. Although sometimes I hear of loot on RP servers being nuts expensive, just because people want to play a roll.(Only have heard some stories about it though) anything like that on your server?

Oh hell yeah. I have a rogue who I am trying to get the full defias set. I often get, "What you're wearing is better." Now here's my thing... on an RP server, it shouldn't be questioned. I know what I have already is better stat wise... but anyway... back to the topic... the defias set is going for upwards of 20 gold for the whole set (minus the chest piece of course) and that's not including the rapiers.

Quote:

Quote:

um... lets see, formy self, maybe 20ish times?

hehe.. everytime a new game comes around.

Quote:

Quote:

and maybe they would attack their"master" or other party memebers.

-saber

That would be cool. But Man, that would suck too. Would have to be an improved summon talent or something that you could build up to negate that effect.
angry_hindu
the anti WoW manifesto: it will be about 550 pages long. it will describe how i lost all my friends to WoW and how i will never set my eyes upon the bad game that drives gamers mad. i am in a 6 year MD PhD program so basically i have 9 college classes a day running late into the night so WoW would destroy me and my grades lol. but i play CS:Source and i am very good at it actually i am CAL-O (cyberathlete amateur league open, good with USP, scout and M4) and my friends used to play it too. they went to the dark side and never came back. i forced them to start playing CS again, and they were now sprayin noobs....
wow takes no skill. its how long you play it. a level 60 dumbass who doesnt know anything about strategy will beat a gary kasparov with a level 10 warrior.....
i will not take this back nor apologize. wow sucks
DivineConclave
angry_hindu wrote:
the anti WoW manifesto: it will be about 550 pages long. it will describe how i lost all my friends to WoW and how i will never set my eyes upon the bad game that drives gamers mad. i am in a 6 year MD PhD program so basically i have 9 college classes a day running late into the night so WoW would destroy me and my grades lol. but i play CS:Source and i am very good at it actually i am CAL-O (cyberathlete amateur league open, good with USP, scout and M4) and my friends used to play it too. they went to the dark side and never came back. i forced them to start playing CS again, and they were now sprayin noobs....
wow takes no skill. its how long you play it. a level 60 dumbass who doesnt know anything about strategy will beat a gary kasparov with a level 10 warrior.....
i will not take this back nor apologize. wow sucks

Thanks for your opinion. Now to hear from someone who doesn't think the letters behind his name symbolizes intelligent and absolute opinions...

btw... CS would be good if it weren't for all the cheaters and hackers. I assume by your attitude you are one. Have a good day.

So you know... these are not your gaming forums. We try to be a little more respectful here than the forums populated by the mentality of 12-year olds. I recommend you don't flame here because if you're trying to get a site, there is a slim chance you will get it or keep it if you do.
Traveller
Of all the topics where people don't bother to search before mindlessly creating duplicates, World of Warcraft is consistently among the worst. For a while, this seemed under control. Please don't let it get out of hand again, but continue the discussion in the original thread where it belongs.

-close-