FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A life with a pet without a friend?

Is a pet a tool for not being alone?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

msezgin
Hi u all,

As i see so far, if someone has a pet for a long time, it is so hard for her to find a good friend to share life. Is it just because of relation with a non answering partner for a long time else what?

Please, let me know about the answer ?

Waiting for your replies?
SilverHammerMan
I don't have many friends, but I'm perfectly happy with the amount I have now. We never even intended to have a pet, poor little Spud's (my cat) family abandoned him and we took him in. Cat's are good companions when you're feeling lonely.
simp
No, an animal is not to be thought of as a tool. Would you consider a child as a tool to avoid being lonely?
thealpha
Hi,
I thinks pets of course can be your firends, but if people buy them just because they don't want to be lonely, it is very wrong, although pets are not like human that can give you many responses, we still need to care them continuously even we are not lonely.
ashen
Pet is not a tool, they're friend!
Pet also can be your family!
lors
My pet is part of the family, she goes everywhere with us. She's like a baby and we treat her like she's one of us.
sugarbox
it's better than staying alone

When you first left me I didn’t know what to say
I never been on my own that way, just sat by myself all day.
TheStranger
I think the creator of this thread was asking if it was hard for people that
have had relationships only with cats (or another pet) to then try and start a relationship ship with a human being. And if so, why?
marcmgeronimo
Yes, I think from my experience pets accompany you after a very long stressful day. It helps you to divert your mind into them rather thinking of work or other problems that we have. Although they don't talk back, you would always know that they always appreciate what we do to them and show it in different way.
judelover
lors wrote:
My pet is part of the family, she goes everywhere with us. She's like a baby and we treat her like she's one of us.

keep a pet as part of your family and not all of your family. man is a social animal, so we should be with friends and relatives.
thealpha
I don't think anyone would develop fully if he / she only keeps pets and without communicating with human beings