FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Downtime

Soulfire
So I get a 404 Error almost everytime I go to my site, I have like 90% downtime (10% uptime). I don't know if there has been issues with Frihost, or if the service isn't just there, but I can't even visit my Phpbb forums without the page going down. It's frustrating, any assistance may help.
niranvv
I'm also facing the same problem!
They are saying that, apache server needs restarting, thats we are getting the error message!

Crying or Very sad

Niran
Bondings
The server was upgraded with 512MB of RAM a few hours ago. I also changed the server configuration a bit.

The problem was Apache restarting way too much due to several reasons. I also needed to execute a few very heavy tasks on the server during the last week which made it even worse.

The server is now reacting a bit quicker due to the changes. Apache shouldn't be restarting as much from now on and even if it does, it will be restarted much quicker and will thus remain unnoticed most of the time.

My apologies for all the downtime.
Ratman2050
Bondings wrote:
The server was upgraded with 512MB of RAM a few hours ago. I also changed the server configuration a bit.

The problem was Apache restarting way too much due to several reasons. I also needed to execute a few very heavy tasks on the server during the last week which made it even worse.

The server is now reacting a bit quicker due to the changes. Apache shouldn't be restarting as much from now on and even if it does, it will be restarted much quicker and will thus remain unnoticed most of the time.

My apologies for all the downtime.

No problem Bondings, we can't ever be angry at you! Wink
mOrpheuS
Soulfire wrote:
So I get a 404 Error almost everytime I go to my site, I have like 90% downtime (10% uptime). I don't know if there has been issues with Frihost, or if the service isn't just there, but I can't even visit my Phpbb forums without the page going down. It's frustrating, any assistance may help.

Your subdomain doesn't even resolve !
I don't know how you can be having even 10% uptime.

DNSStuff.com wrote:
Searching for xxxxxxxxx.frih.net A record at ns1.frih.net. Reports no A records (NXDOMAIN). 40ms.

Are you sure you haven't messed up your account?
Bondings
Morpheus, for some reason the subdomain in his account wasn't the same as in DirectAdmin. I changed it now. But still it's working fine for me now.