FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am very lost.

Ghost Rider103
Hi, I just recently set up my page, and when i went there I have this Direct Admin thing, and when I go to the regular domain site, it tells me to upload your website into the public_html directory, How do I do this?

Im sure once I figure that out I will have some more questions lol.
manumiglani
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Hi, I just recently set up my page, and when i went there I have this Direct Admin thing, and when I go to the regular domain site, it tells me to upload your website into the public_html directory, How do I do this?

Im sure once I figure that out I will have some more questions lol.

Well I would recommend you to go to www.site-helper.com to get along with Direct Admin.....

Direct Admin is a control Panel to manage your website........ Suppose you build some sites ...... now you have to upload it using Direct Admin to put it on Internet and show other .......

First visit https://216.32.85.170:2222 , then type in your username and password and login ...... After that you will see a navigation bar on the top..... click in the files and then you will see some directories in the middle...... click on the public_html directory, then click on the Upload files to current directory button which is about the bottom.... Then upload your files...... done....... you are all ready to show yout site to anyone on Internet......

Please visit www.site-helper.com
thpn
Since the above post is a bit vauge to a person who knows DirectAdmin, I will explain a bit better.

Once you go into the directory(folder) public_html, you can either add your own files if you have a program that creates the website for you, or you can create the main page of your website using html, php, css, javascript, etc and name it index.html

From the sound of it, you are a nube. I suggest looking at these sites:

1. HTML Goodies
  2. W3Schools
Ghost Rider103
Yeah thanks alot for your help. But I was trying to use the DirectAdmin for somthing it didnt do lol. But I got it Figured out now, but thank you for your time Cool