FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you realy love frihost.com

bpdwg
Hello,

i would like to ask every body around, if they really love frihost.com love in a sense of good and bad features of frihost.com.

well i am new here and this is my second visit to this forum. here are my comments what i have felt about frihost.com. it is not neccessary that all these comments might be true and also it is not neccessay that all of you will agree with me. i might be wrong but i have wrote what i have felt. i like frihost because:

1 - it have all the advanced scripting features like php and mysql in their hosting package and it is free.
2 - 250MB is a lot of space and they give plenty of bandwidth.
3 - you are not forced for the top banner and you can put your own google ads.

the only thing which make me confuse is this scenario. say for example if the guy is on vacation for one month, he can not keep posting in the forum during that time and all his visitors will get a suspended account page because he is not active member of the forum. and all his efforts will be lost.

please feel free to post your ideas and comments.

Thanks every one and sorry admins if you dislike some of my comments.

Nisar Ahmad
CyanEyed
if he tops up his points to 45, he can go away for more than a month. also, u can go somewhere between -5 and -20 (i think its sumthing like that) before your account is suspended. thus he can go away for almost 2 months before his account is suspended. also, even if it is, when he comes back, he can carry on posting and get all his points back.

its quite a clever system Wink
Josso
Yeah if I was going on holiday I'd simply rack up on a posting spree, it would take me a day or something to do it.
mistuh griddlez
Yes Actually it is quite clever.

Josso wrote:
Yeah if I was going on holiday I'd simply rack up on a posting spree, it would take me a day or something to do it.

and I'd Do The Same Thing. Except I Never am on holiday!!!! But Don't Worry About It when you're on vacation! (I MEAN YOU'RE ON VACATION!) Just make all your points back up when you get back. Or stock up as Josso said.
bpdwg
mistuh griddlez wrote:
Yes Actually it is quite clever.

Josso wrote:

and I'd Do The Same Thing. Except I Never am on holiday!!!! But Don't Worry About It when you're on vacation! (I MEAN YOU'RE ON VACATION!) Just make all your points back up when you get back. Or stock up as Josso said.

thanks mistuh, my confusion went away now. friends let keep going with good things. please continue.

(at least now i know that there is a way to protect from account suspension during my absence) Very Happy
shaheen
it,s my first post
i relly like this hosting...but I,ve tryied other hosting like this..and belive me..it,s very bad and hard...so I,ll give this i try...

seeya
Sappho
I am sure that even if you'd go on to vacation for more than 2 months and explained admins your situation nicely they wouln't suspend your account.
alkady
If a person has 46 Points by the time he leaves, He has over 51 Days before his hosting is suspended. One thing you can do if you worry they will shut your account is make notice that you will be gone. Your probably going to get an exemption if you have a valid reason.
Jeslyn
No not really. I've found a better free hosting site offering 3,000mb without the constant posting... as soon as I quit being lazy, I have every intention of moving my site and going there
Ghost Rider103
I actually think it is a great idea for the keep posting or you will get suspended. This site actually gives you a reason to come here and a reason to make good long post. Most forums are just like hey nice pic. and bla bla. But this one you have to actually make good long post and you actually get something out of it. Even tho there rules may be a little bit off. They say after you get 10 FRi$ you can get a free web hosting but you must stay active on the frums. Which I am doing after i got my 10 Fri$ I got rejected, but that dosent stop me I plan on making my site on frihost.com and ill be proud to do so. Cool
darvit
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I actually think it is a great idea for the keep posting or you will get suspended. This site actually gives you a reason to come here and a reason to make good long post. Most forums are just like hey nice pic. and bla bla. But this one you have to actually make good long post and you actually get something out of it. Even tho there rules may be a little bit off. They say after you get 10 FRi$ you can get a free web hosting but you must stay active on the frums. Which I am doing after i got my 10 Fri$ I got rejected, but that dosent stop me I plan on making my site on frihost.com and ill be proud to do so. Cool

Well said, Ghost Rider103. Very Happy

Unlike most free webhosts that have a similar set-up, Frihost has a different system. I've observed that the posts in this forum are of much better quality as compared to other free hosting communities. I guess that this is all due to stricter rules, and very good implementation [for what are strict rules when you can't implement them at all?]. There's a strong emphasis on quality that the site administrators have very well carried on to all aspects of this free service. Smile Because Frihost is a very large community, there's always something nice to read, and nice topics to reply to. This is a very effective system, and I hope that this will continue for a very long time. Very Happy So yeah, to answer your question, I love Frihost. Angel
alkady
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I actually think it is a great idea for the keep posting or you will get suspended. This site actually gives you a reason to come here and a reason to make good long post. )

Not really, I only come here now for the good advice and everything. Not the hosting anymore.

This site is more than just hosting, It's a community where if you need some sort of second opinion, You can get it.

Wink Frihost has quality hosting, And I won't complain about it.
Ghost Rider103
alkady wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I actually think it is a great idea for the keep posting or you will get suspended. This site actually gives you a reason to come here and a reason to make good long post. )

Not really, I only come here now for the good advice and everything. Not the hosting anymore.

This site is more than just hosting, It's a community where if you need some sort of second opinion, You can get it.

Wink Frihost has quality hosting, And I won't complain about it.

Most forums...Suck. And thats that. This site you make good long post you get somthing out of it, other sites, people are d***s and dont really say much, yeah there is some that are nice, but most arnt, so you basically just agreed to what I said, you just misunderstood me Cool
sonam
If you are goind on holidays more than 50 days it is not very heavy to open internet somewhere and type few words. I am doing this two monts ago when I have round trip in India before I come back in Cro and my comp is not with me.

Sonam
Duncan Idaho
Frihost is one of the best things to happen to the net. 250MB isnt that much, but its ALOT more than anyone else allows, plus the Control Panel kicks rocks.
Nameless
Frihost is a means to an end. The end I want is a large hunk of webspace with decent bandwidth and a whole bunch of bells and whistles, for free. Frihost is the only means to achiev a sufficiently large hunk, sufficiently decent 'width, and a sufficiently bunched bells and whistles. Smile
shwetanshu
frihost rox... awesome support, cpanel and bandwidth provided is also good though i only use max 50 MB of webspace
Soulfire
I like it, but don't for two reasons

1) I have a lot of "enemies" of the forums. There's stupid people here (myself included sometimes)

2) My website has like 90% downtime.
Hammy
Heh. why wouldnt i love it. It's best free webhost going! Very Happy

With a short suffix. <frih.net>

Smile
Hammy.
datter
I'm liking it so far. To be fair i find the forum moderation here a bit heavy handed sometimes, but that's a small price to pay for what appears to be a damned good service.

datter
valkyrie-heavens
I love frihost... I havent had time to post or work on my website and they've still kept my account open. thank you!!! Still don't know when I'll get back to working on my website though...
pr0j3ct
im liking it so far. but you have to give them credit it is very ingenius to make us post, but its only fair. I mean why should they waist there money giveing us free webspace. so i thing i love them for there entrepeneuer ways.
linexpert
pr0j3ct wrote:
im liking it so far. but you have to give them credit it is very ingenius to make us post, but its only fair. I mean why should they waist there money giveing us free webspace. so i thing i love them for there entrepeneuer ways.

I agree, i think posting a couple things is not a very hard thing to do for such a huge thing in return.

The admin is also very understanding, if you let him know that you're going to be gone for a couple weeks or months he'll understand and will give you some time. Cool
Vrythramax
My opinion my seem to some to be a bit biased here, but I have been saying these same things all throughout my stay here at Frihost, they offer services that are usually charged at a premium at other "Pay Type" hosts. The support structure is unbelieavble....I have not had to go to the staff very many times with questions, but thay have always been handled promptly and curteously... and let's not forget to mention that (for the most part) the other Frihosters out there are usually more than willing, and even happy to lend a helping hand. Now that kind of support structure I have never run into at any of the many paid hosts I have used over the years.
pjv
who wouldn't? with all those freebies I will definetely recommend the site to anyone. Posting to the forum is not a totally bad idea, it keeps the site active and yourself too by interacting with different users through your opinions, ideas, expertise and anything you can share.
thank you guys! Cool
dz9c
I love frihost there the best free host around i love them so much i would give my scrotum to them
windrei
haha, good question. i like the features and the free hostage of frihost.com . But what i hate is to keep on posting here such that i can continue with the service. You know, sometimes it's not always with time to be on the net and post something. Sometimes, there is no idea to write anything. But the points are being deducted each day, quite fast.
BBurton22
i owuld love frihost A LOT more if i could host a website with them..i guess it is kind of cool having to post and be a part of the community in order to do it
bpdwg
and beside all this, they have very active support system. you will immidiately get your questions replied. yesterday they created my account and there was some problem but admin immidiately solved it. good work. keep it going admin. you rock.
roach831
i like frihost because they are better than any web site provider because they have like better support and there is atleast one person on that could help people which is a good thing and thats why they are cool
hellrahul
I love Frihost.

And let me tell you one thing. Every Great thing need a SACRIFICE.

You just need to post once here in 45 days and you will not be terminated. I don't thing its a hard thing to do. You can earn all 45 points in 2 hours only. Very Happy
MaRQuE
well, i am not sure that i love Frihost : )
joke
yes of course i love it,
but i think it is not necessary to post msg cos it causes
post pollution.there are many same topics, people post just to
up their points,
yes there are useful shares and also more than useful infos, there are
waste of posts.
i dont know what u think, i cant read all of these...

anyways: ) God Blesh You Frihost
mattchun
True, it's impossible for us to find another free hosting plan anywhere. But we somehow feel "restricted" by the MUST POSTING RULES of it.
Jeslyn
No... if you look there are other quality free hosting plans. As I stated earlier, there's one that provides 3000mb of space and 50gb of monthly bandwidth and unlimted email and mysql accounts. and no, there isn't a catch, i already have one site hosted for at least the past four to five months - and there has been no down server time.

the only negative is that if you accidently sign up with the wrong program (as i did at first), it takes awhile for support to get back to you - but its not much to complain over.

i also have a site here, but as i said earlier, it takes a bit more work than i'd rather put in to transfer everything, so when my laziness goes on hiatus, i plan to move completely.

i'd post the link, but i suspect it could be considered competition, so i suggest putting google to good use. Wink
windrei
what do you mean of "really" ??? well, sometimes i don't like it, when i am not free for using the internet. Then my points here will be deducted day by day.... when i have time, i need to repost again in order to continue the service..... but it has many functions, that's what i like.
zjosie729
I like frihost because of the great hosting and the great community that I can seek help from. Because of Frihost, I've learned some Perl and PHP, that I could never have done without a free hosting with all these scripts.
ProRathack
Hi all ,
I can say that's bad or not bec. i didn't test it yet sooo , i don't know, ,,,,

but it seems fantastic and free 100%%%

hoope that's work properly with no problems .................................................................................................................................. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Vandalyzed
Being new to the site myself, I like what I'm reading here. The only concern I have from reading this thread is the one post where someone spoke of having 90% downtime on their website.

Since I dont see any other comments to this regard, I'm gonna assume that it's more his website than the host?

I'm not sure how much I need to post to earn free hosting, but, I have no problems with coming to the forums. I have alot of years experience in web design, programming, server building and implementation...... So, if I can help in anyway, I'm willing.
wendy86
I realy very very love frihost... this is because the frihost give many benefit to me....
saiyeek
I simply love Frihost.
I have no complains I have to be active in its forum to continue my hosting account. Its fun to remain active. Its fun to go through the discussions in here.
THE11thROCK™
Frihost ROCKS! You'll never find any great hosting site than Frihost! It's just like you're the bread, frihost is the butter. Very Happy
Matias
Yes I like it so far, but I need some more points to get a webhost account. But it is a nice way to keep the users active.
wendy86
I very very love frihost....
saiyeek
I don't Love Frihost.com
I like Frihost.
There is a difference.
Billwaa
yes and no, I like it because it provide me a host for websites and stuffs. However, I hate it how I have to keep on posting, something I don't have access to the computer for many weeks, how can I keep my account? However, I understand they do they to get money from ads so they can provide host.

I remember my first host, I think it's "Mind Intention" or something, well it's closed now, you post to get host forever without needing to post anymore (forever mean as long as they survive). For example 500 posts for 600 mb and 1000 for 1 GB... They provide up to "unlimit". Then some dude became a mod and mess everything up, then the founder just decide to close it becuase he think people are too evil or something. Anyway, if there will be another host like that, it will be nice.

Not saying FriHost is not good, but it is just not as good. Hopefully the admin is not mad at me by saying this, I am just saying what I think.
pll
Duncan Idaho wrote:
Frihost is one of the best things to happen to the net. 250MB isnt that much, but its ALOT more than anyone else allows, plus the Control Panel kicks rocks.

I totally agree!
The only thing I don't like on frihost is the design of the website.
marioflory
I think the summary is told fast........... lots of people just mentiond what the think in some short lines, to get points, not because they think it is a real need to let others know about their opinion. But I don't think one can blame them, lots of people in the real world also talk if nobody really cares what they say. Bad bad world.... Smile