FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nameservers

OutlawSpirit
OK, i know what nameservers to use and where to put them on my domain and everything... but does anything need to be done on FRIHOST's side for it to goto my hosting?

my username for the hosting is -

outlawsp

thanks
Bondings
OutlawSpirit wrote:
OK, i know what nameservers to use and where to put them on my domain and everything... but does anything need to be done on FRIHOST's side for it to goto my hosting?

my username for the hosting is -

outlawsp

thanks

It depends which account you got. If you applied with your domain, then you just have to wait. If you applied with a subdomain, then you have to add the domain as an addon domain to your account. You can add as many of those addon domains as you want!
OutlawSpirit
ok i got the account with the sub-domain...

New Domain Name: what do i enter here, my site address?
Username/directory/subdomain Name: and here?
Password: ok i got this bit sorted.
mOrpheuS
You can add your domain to your current subdomain hosting account using this procedure -

1> goto your domain dns control panel (the place where you change your domain's nameservers) and point your domain to these nameservers
ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

2> goto your hosting cPanel
3> goto Parked Domains (for me that's the 4th icon on the top row)
4> add your domain here

now your hosting account should correspond to your top level domain.

Please note that domain should be pointing to frihost nameservers before you can add it to parked domains in your account.
ie., step 1 is absolutely must.

hope this helps
Wink
OutlawSpirit
ill try this, thanks for the help Smile

ok it says this once i put in my address on the cpanel, for parked domains

Quote:
Nameserver ips for outlawspirit.com are: **.*.**.***,***.***.***.** Sorry, that domain (outlawspirit.com) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

i have just changed them on my registerfly.com where i bought my domain from, and it said

Quote:
We have instantly made your DNS change request for outlawspirit.com. No e-mail confirmation will be sent for this change, please allow at least 12 to 36 hours to propogate throughout the internet.

so perhaps i just ned to wait a bit, and then add my domain to parked domains??
Bondings
mOrpheuS wrote:
You can add your domain to your current subdomain hosting account using this procedure -

1> goto your domain dns control panel (the place where you change your domain's nameservers) and point your domain to these nameservers
ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

2> goto your hosting cPanel
3> goto Parked Domains (for me that's the 4th icon on the top row)
4> add your domain here

now your hosting account should correspond to your top level domain.

Please note that domain should be pointing to frihost nameservers before you can add it to parked domains in your account.
ie., step 1 is absolutely must.

hope this helps
Wink

But this is the way to redirect your domain to your subdomain. Addon domains behave like normal domains, just that all your files are stored in a specific file, the base file of that addon domain.

This is what you can see in the cpanel user guide:
Quote:
Click on the Addon Domains button on the home page.
Enter the domain name in the New Addon Domain field.
Add the directory that the addon domain points to in the Username/directory name field.
Enter the password for the domain in the Password field, if required.
Click on the Add button.

So basicly fill in the domain field yourdomain.com .
In the directory/.. field the name of directory in your public_html folder where all you website files will be stored.
And leave the password field open.
OutlawSpirit
ok, so if i want to use the public_html like usual, could under -

Username/directory/subdomain Name:

i put, public_html?

ok i got -

Quote:
The subdomain, os.outlawz.frihost.net has been added.

Nameserver ips for outlawspirit.com are: ****************** Bind reconfiguring on host using rndc Error reconfiguring bind on host: rndc: connect failed: connection refused
Created DNS entry for outlawspirit.com

Setup Mail forward outlawspirit.com -> os.outlawz.frihost.net
Setup outlawspirit.com OK
Adding httpd.conf entry for outlawspirit.com to point to os.outlawz.frihost.net

You must specify a password. Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

outlawspirit.com has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain os.outlawz.frihost.net. FTP access has been granted with the username os and the password .

i didnt put a password in, like said in a previous post
Bondings
In fact the directory under the public_html folder is used. I mean that if you fill in 'directory', you'll have to use public_html/directory/ . I'm gonna check now what happened with your domain in whm.

I never added an addon domain before, so don't expect too much help from me, I'm not an expert in it.
OutlawSpirit
Bondings wrote:
In fact the directory under the public_html folder is used. I mean that if you fill in 'directory', you'll have to use public_html/directory/ . I'm gonna check now what happened with your domain in whm.

I never added an addon domain before, so don't expect too much help from me, I'm not an expert in it.

ok thanks... whats whm? i added it so the directory reads: os

ideally i would like to just use the public_html folder if possible
Bondings
It is working now!!!!!! Very Happy Check it out.

You should put all your website files in your public_html/os/ directory.
Maka
I added OutlawSpirit but saw the subdomain before he edited in he wanted to use a domain, then was to late.
OutlawSpirit
ok thanks .. its appreciated
vizavex
Can i parked
Free dns Domain

uni.cc
Or
cjb.net

Question Exclamation Idea Rolling Eyes Confused
Bondings
vizavex wrote:
Can i parked
Free dns Domain

uni.cc
Or
cjb.net

Question Exclamation Idea Rolling Eyes Confused

You should be able to park them if those websites provide you with an option to set your nameservers to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net .
OutlawSpirit
ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

ok, i have the nameservers right?

ok, i added them to my side on my domain and it said it had to propogate and it could take 12-24 hours... which has been, and it still goes to my old site... i asked my side whats up and they said the nameservers are inactive?

if i need to ask them any questions please let me know as i'd like to get this resolved

also, would it be a big hassle if i have my sub-domain taken away and just have hosting for OutlawSpirit.com instead like i later requested...

thanks
Bondings
I have absolutely no idea what you need.

I did a whois search for your domain and the nameservers were ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net. This means that if you type in your domain name, you'll go to the server of those nameservers, thus our server.

Thus your if you go to http://www.outlawspirit.com/ , you go to the files of that domain on frihost.

I checked it out by voting on outlawz.frihost.net/os/forums/ for music. I then went to your domain and the vote was counted. So everything should be ok with your domain. It is working and hosted on our server. Very Happy
OutlawSpirit
ok, so it is working Cool that's one problem out the way

you said it goes to my files, that must be public_html... how come it doesn't got straight to what i want it to... the main page or my forums?

thanks
Bondings
OutlawSpirit wrote:
ok, so it is working Cool that's one problem out the way

you said it goes to my files, that must be public_html... how come it doesn't got straight to what i want it to... the main page or my forums?

thanks

Like public_html, that is your root directory of your subdomain, public_html/os/ will be the main directory of your website.

So just think of /os/ as your base directory of your domain.
OutlawSpirit
thanks pal Cool
nntien
My nameservers are inactive (nntien.frihost.net).

How long I can use my domain?

Thanks!
Bondings
nntien wrote:
My nameservers are inactive (nntien.frihost.net).

How long I can use my domain?

Thanks!

I don't know when you will be able to use it. If I still can't reach it in a few hours, then I'll create a new account for you. Very Happy