FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Call of Duty

linkman2004
Anybody here play Call of Duty(the original)? I recently downloaded the demo recently and it RAWKS! I'm hoping to either get it for Christmas or just plain buy it.

If anybody here does play it, what do you think of it? Also, what is the multiplayer like? The demo doesn't allow it. Mad
SamiTheBerber
linkman2004 wrote:
Anybody here play Call of Duty(the original)? I recently downloaded the demo recently and it RAWKS! I'm hoping to either get it for Christmas or just plain buy it.

If anybody here does play it, what do you think of it? Also, what is the multiplayer like? The demo doesn't allow it. Mad

I have played CoD and its expansion. I haven't tryed multiplayer so far as now, but tried to create own game to familliarize the mp. I play CoD through wine in linux and it works so nice.

Now I want to try CoD2 and can't wait it.
j0zman
After MoHAA, this game is runner up for best games in my possession!
I love the game, just as I did with MoHAA.
angelussum
COD rocks. It is definitely worth getting in my opinion. A lot of fun. The expansion is good as well, so definitely think about picking that up.

I'm not sure about the multiplayer, but I hear it's not too bad. A lot of fun when you have a few buddies together.
BBurton22
Get Call of Duty 2. Its such a better game than the first one. And if you wait long enough, you can pick up Call of Duty 3. I believe it's only coming out for Xbox 360 and PS3, sorry pcgamers.
saurabh.sauron
i have not played it, but i know that its superb!!!
linkman2004
I would get Call of Duty 2... if it weren't for the fact that my computer basically sucks at playing games, lol. But I definitely probably will wait for Call of Duty 3 and pick that up for the Wii. From what I hear of the Wii version, it's going to totally own. Smile
elund0197
They Just anounced in xbox magazine that the 360 wil be getting call of Duty 3. So Far the game looks excellent. One new contribution is that if you hide behind stones or wood the bullets will eventuall deteriate the object.
jkh13
The multiplayer in COD 1 is excellent, better than COD2 because COD2 is lacking punkbuster (hack protection). However COD2 singleplayer is more fun than COD1. But both are still alot of fun Smile Personally I am not looking foward to COD 3, it is not being developed by IW anymore. Apparentely IW are developing a new game like COD based in modern times.
Miniwood
Call of Duty is my favourite WW2 game for single player, MOHAA was good but IMO COD is more realistic and involving. Multiplayer is good too but there are a lot of really good players out there who will take off the top of your head before you see them, the playback of your death from their POV helps you learn what you did wrong though Smile, that's a neat feature that would be good in other games.
Dustylunchbox
truly an incredible game jsut amazing 1 and 2 both great just super i mean wow good work to the creators i mean thank you vedry much just great!!!!
shadeR
CoD1 skill game ( MP ), everybody can play cod2 mp it's too easy.. xD
chinaspeak
definitely best single player WW game I've played.

so good that I actually play with the 'veteran settings'

now it's on to Titan Quest (like Diablo but WAY better!)
j0zman
Any members here who are going to buy / play CoD3 too?
nitesh
Definitely COD 1 was better then COD 2.. COD 1 with the expansion pack was the best WW2 game I've ever played. The health recovery concept in COD2 is bit too easy ...rest for while and there you go, all health restored. Overall COD1+expansion pack was a better multiplayer game also. Desperately waiting for COD3 !!
Timoses
CoD was awesome. Don't think there's a lot going on in the Multiplayer still.
But I'd have to check it out to be sure. I guess it's like CS1.6 now..
A lot of people who pwn everyone and some noobs.
I pwned Razz.. once..

Anybody knew the clan

-={ Toolbox }=- (it was written something like this)

Was the best clan.
Jay Cox was the leader.

Yeh.
Have fun with this game.
Go Kar98k Very Happy
rijke111
CoD really rocked, unfortunately they have stopped releasing game updates after United Offensive.
Yjaxygames
I have only played a demo of Call of Duty. I didn't like it as much as Battlefield 1942 demo so I bought Battlefield 1942.
linkman2004
I've always wanted to play Battlefield 1942. My computer never allowed it, though. I think it might have had something to do with incompatibility with Windows 2003. Now that I've got Windows XP, I'll probably have to try getting it again.
Rev` -
best FPS, WW2, GAME!!!

apsolutly no.1 for me

noone can contrast me with my Browing Automatic Rifle or Springfield rifle

just 4 info Smile

The Browning Automatic Rifle (commonly known as the BAR; properly pronounced "bee ay are") is a family of automatic rifles (or machine rifles) and light machine guns used by the United States and other countries during the 20th century.

It was designed in 1917 by the weapons designer John Browning, primarily as a replacement for, and improvement on, the French-made Chauchat and Hotchkiss M1909. The BAR was originally intended as a light automatic rifle, but spent much of its career in various guises used as a light machine gun with a bipod. The original version was and remains the lightest service machine gun to fire the .30-06 Springfield cartridge, though the limited capacity of its standard 20-round magazine tended to hamper its utility as a light machine gun. This gun was also used widely by gangsters from the 1920's and 1930's. Though not as publicized and mythologized as the Tommy gun, it was a far deadlier weapon because of its high-powered .30-06 rifle cartridge, especially against vehicles and body armor. Two particular criminals who often used the BAR were the infamous Clyde Barrow and "Baby Face" Nelson.

xkobram
Nice action, i realy liked it, but better is COD:UO
Garrett
COD 2 is amazing I play on line alot and am part of the DropZone Clan (http://www.dropzone-cod.net).
I like 1, but 2 is reallllly supirior I think both visually and functionally.

looking forward to COD3 on the PC!
GoDHiM
COD2 rocks!!!!!! I play a lot and i love it...be aware from me and my Kar98 dudes Shocked

I played CoD1, but i dont like it as much as 2, surely because i had a modem connection and now i have dsl... Twisted Evil
Pablo Diablo
You have to love a game that glues you to your seat and keeps you interested. Call of Duty did just that. I still think it may be a bit on the short side, but all other considerations outweigh that particular problem for me. I've played through the game twice and loved it both times as well as had a lot of fun with the multiplayer over the last couple of weeks.

The game keep my heart pounding the whole time, and I';ve never felt as immersed in a first person shooter as I did in this game. Just buy it, you can find it used in stores for like $10.
mongoose41
GoDHiM wrote:
I played CoD1, but i dont like it as much as 2, surely because i had a modem connection and now i have dsl... Twisted Evil

So you're basically saying that you didn't like Call of Duty 1 because you only had a dial-up connection when you were playing it, and you like Call of Duty 2 because you have high-speed dsl? Earlier in this thread someone said something about Call of Duty 2 having a better single-player mode than Call of Duty 1. Simply put; CoD1>CoD2.
Stinger
shadeR wrote:
CoD1 skill game ( MP ), everybody can play cod2 mp it's too easy.. xD

lol its true cod1 is alot harder, but i dnt think a jump shot with a rifle on toujane isnt skillfull Razz

Heres a video of my friends COD2 Frag movie, not good quality but thats the highest he could get Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukYasr4FY8
CtrlAltDeleteDie
CoD rocks the hell out of MOHAA. IT still has a decent sized online community even if there is an expantion and a sequel out. It's probably the best WWII first person shooter, if not the best game based on WWII. There are also a load of mods to dl too.
picklebreath
CoD is one of the best war games ever made and I love it a ton.
linkman2004
Indeed it is one of the best war games ever made.

Also, since installing XP I was able to play Battlefield 1942. It kinda sucked, actually. The graphics were terrible, it ran badly on my computer, and I couldn't find a non-modded server that wasn't laggy. The server problems are probably because it was a demo, but, meh.
mathie
CoD is good game but I like else Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Sometime you played it ?