FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I think google has the best grouping of free software.

cr3ativ3
I think google has an awsome group of free programs like google earth, google sketchup, google talk like lots of realy neat programs and when there is a trial version of soft ware it isnt annoying time trials it is just less features.
sceptileex
most of them really pale in comparison sometimes when u compare it with in market software. Google earth, well is great, but for the others like google talk etc. theres skype and stuff like that. I personally feel trillian/msn is a better alternative to google talk. Gmail and google will still be my favorites for a long time tho.
Philip
hey i got some information from my friend,
is that true msn and yahoo messenger will become one ?
and i hear that there is windows vista beta free for one year ? Smile
orno
Philip: i think waht your friend was referring to was that users of Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger will be able to connect to each other...they will still belong to Microsoft and Yahoo respectively

see here for more info: http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/07/12/yahoo.msn.to.join.via.im/

and yes, windows vista beta was released a while ago for public testing...the activation keys they were handing out were valid for 1 year (as far as i know)
cr3ativ3
May I ask how you get the windows vista beta?
Indyan
Philip wrote:
hey i got some information from my friend,
is that true msn and yahoo messenger will become one ?
and i hear that there is windows vista beta free for one year ? Smile

Beta versions can be downloaded for free and I think they can bhe tried for 365 days.
brycearonium
Yea, i have to agree with google having some awesome stuff. not only is it awesome though....it's free! I mean look at google earth. It used to be keyhole...which cost an arm and a leg. But now, google not only improved it, but made it absoutly free. That is just one example of the many things they have done. I love it. I say pat google on the back and keep it up.
avk
IT WOULD BE REAL COOL IF ALL THE IM MESSAGING PROGRAMS WOULD MAKE A SINGLE PROGRAM AND USE THEM FOR THE iM PURPOSES.

USING A DIFFERENT PROGRAM FOR A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT IS REAL BORING..

HEHE
bnbrown
Google releases great softwares, I think as well. Thanks for them.
dude_xyx
I wonder Gtalk is same quality as skype ? well i haven't used Gtalk yet , so far skype is the best voice chat messenger i have used. Gmail is great too its better then yahoo and way they arrange images in mail is great and u can open images with one click. but only bad thing is Gmail doesn't show senders IP address so we cant find who's bugging us and this would make Gmail spammers paradise.

Google earth is great software but only problem is this tool would be a great help for terrorists too.

best thing is all these are free !!!
cknight411
Can anyone direct to a resource to write a script or determine IF it can be written at all? My basest description is this:

SPECIFICATIONS FOR INTERFACE

Application: Transmission of files to various screens at scheduled times and dates via a computer running Windows XP and ATI Graphics cards (SLI board) EX.: screen shows data from Powerpoint or an MPG4 file from 11 am to 3 pm and changes weekly, monthly etc. via windows scheduled tasks function located under Control Panel

Client needs= ability to upload mpg4 file OR pps file to link on spreadsheet containing scheduled data EX: Client Pulls up spreadsheet; hits date and imports file from harddrive. The file is then set to run at that time period. They would see the time slot on the spreadsheet then click a link which would MAP TO CONTROL PANEL THEN SCHEDULED TASKS where the file would AUTOMATICALLY be placed.

Ifs so; kindly replay to me @ carolyn_knight@sbcglobal.net

Cheers and keep hitting them keys.
kevinalle
avk wrote:
IT WOULD BE REAL COOL IF ALL THE IM MESSAGING PROGRAMS WOULD MAKE A SINGLE PROGRAM AND USE THEM FOR THE iM PURPOSES.
USING A DIFFERENT PROGRAM FOR A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT IS REAL BORING..

there is Miranda, a free Instant messenger that combines all instantmessenger protocols, and if there were one missing you could still install a specific plugin. This program can be downloaded for free and there is also a portable version (from http://portableapps.com) which you can pack in a pen drive and run it from there.
It΄s just great!
photon
google definitely has some good software collection. the best i like are obviously google earth and picasa. i would say gearth is one of a kind! ive tried a few alternatives but none have the ease of use and level of detail that google earth has..

and others like gtalk, sketchup etc are pretty decent. not the best out there, but does the job satisfactorily. and best of all, everything is free!! so keep up the good work google! Smile
bytebase
google said, all is search.
say so, do so.

i like google.

bytebase
izcool
The only problem with Google is that I cannot use it on my work's computer, as they have no internet over there.

Google Spreadsheets = Out.
Google Search = Out.
Google Toolbar = Out.
Google Video = Out.

I guess it's only good for when you're on a computer that has internet.

- Mike.