FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One of the richest men giving Bill Gates 30 bil!?

cr3ativ3
Has anyone heard about someone like the 6th richest man or somewhere near there donating Bill Gates or microsoft 30 billion dollars. Isn't Bill gates rich enough lol now he needs 30 bill more and from another fellow rich man lol. K well not many people have heard about this so I wouldn'tbe suprised if no one knows what I am talking about.
alkady
I dont know where you get your sources, But I guess you must have forgotten them a bit because it was a while ago.

The 6th Richest man you are referring to is the 2nd Richest Man, Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway, An Investment Firms who's stocks are worth $90,000+ per unit.

He's actually giving away 30 Billion to Bill Gates Foundation because its the richest charity out there, So he knows that his money will be put to good use. Since the Buying Power for that charity is huge.

He's also giving it away because he doesnt believe in leaving in inheritance, huge wealth because of the problems it cause. Sure 30 + Billion means financial security, But then how many lottery winners are actually in good financial standing? alot of lottery winners spend all their money so fast, That sometimes it leads to long term problems.

Just for your Knowledge:
Warren Buffett's ideaology is followed by many that some people actually put their life savings into buying one stock so they can actually meet him at the Shareholders Meeting. Why? because they know that their investment is in good hand because Mr. Buffett is a wise man and actually knows what he does. He earns $100,000 a year and always has a well performing company. That compared to most CEO's, he is underpaid but likes it that way.

Warren Buffett unlike many Billion is a modest man, He lives in the same house he bought 4-5 decades ago, Drives a car he bought decades ago which its been reported that his License plate spells "thrifty".

Also, Mr. Buffett is a Technophobe, That if you check his company web site, It's actually the type of site you would find in the early 90's when the Internet was young.

Hope that helps.
cr3ativ3
Ok lol don't have to be rude that was a lil rude the way you worded that ok gosh i got my sources from a 30 sec news flash on t.v. ok. I am not going to get that much information from that.

and if 2 months ago is a long time ago ok.
Donutey
cr3ativee wrote:
Ok lol don't have to be rude that was a lil rude the way you worded that ok gosh i got my sources from a 30 sec news flash on t.v. ok. I am not going to get that much information from that.

wow. rofl...
Rules for Enhanced Posting

It's pretty cool though Buffet has it setup so the Bill Gates Foundation has to spend 1.5 billion (ish) a year, which is an insane amount of money for a charity. I do wish they would spend a little on education, it seems all they're doing is vaccinating people, which is an excellent endeavor, but if they were eductated they could make more money.. then pay for vaccinations... the country is also more economically stable that way.
alkady
cr3ativ3 wrote:

I didnt mean to be rude, But I guess it sounded that way. ...Accept my most sincere apologies.

...All I was doing is correcting a few mistakes. Wink
Soulfire
Well, this definately IS world news. Brick wall
benwhite
It would be nice if charities spent more money on creating infrastructure and educational systems.

At the same time, I guess their theory is that you have to save small children from dying before you can worry about educating them. If the B&MGF keeps going in the direction it is, they'll bring malaria in Africa under control in the near future. That's something to look forward too.
Dustylunchbox
yea i read bout this in the paper it was all cool and ligit. it was like the other guys said for a charity that bill gates started up up. personally if i was an incredibly rich guy i would put it in several smaller charity rather than the charity of the richest man in the world which would never be short of money. silly silly rich people makes u wonder how they get so rich!@
girlcalledjay
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a charity that makes an enormous difference to many people all over the world.

They also support other projects run by non-profit organisations in local communities.

I believe Warren Buffet intends his money to be administered by an experienced and stable organisation who have a proven record.

All charities need help and this one is no exception...regardless of whose name it carries. Bill Gates has gret personal wealth and an equally great social conscience.