FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

System Of A Down

kazikame
Any SOAD fans here? What's your favourite album/song?

Personally, my favourite album's Hypnotize, because it has Lonely Day and Vicinity Of Obscenity.

Quote:
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie

Most insane lyrics ever?
Boles Roor
Most insane lyrics? Probably not, they have a song called Chic 'n' Stu. It goes something like this;

Quote:
The ballgame is in the refridgerator
The lights are out
The door is closed
And the butter is getting haaaaard!

What a splendid pie, pizza pizza pie, every minute every second bye bye by bye bye!!

Pepperoni and green peppers, mushrooms, olives chives.
brycearonium
I like system of a down. i really do. my only problem is they are so political.
they have some really heart filled music, and even lyrics...but it's just goverment bashing, liberal minded stuff. it's almost like brainwashing. but aside from that, i love it.
kazikame
Boles Roor wrote:
Most insane lyrics? Probably not, they have a song called Chic 'n' Stu. It goes something like this;

Quote:
The ballgame is in the refridgerator
The lights are out
The door is closed
And the butter is getting haaaaard!

What a splendid pie, pizza pizza pie, every minute every second bye bye by bye bye!!

Chic 'n' Stu is great, but I still think vicinity of obscenity is more random Rolling Eyes
mistuh griddlez
I personally love Chic 'N' Stu Also But I've heard much weirder lyrics....believe me weird lyrics from....lemon demon, mindless self indulgence, etc.
kazikame
mistuh griddlez wrote:
I personally love Chic 'N' Stu Also But I've heard much weirder lyrics....believe me weird lyrics from....lemon demon, mindless self indulgence, etc.

Good point. I forgot about word disassociation.
anxiety1
i prefer there older stuff. the first three albums.

hypotise for me was the worst.

and yeh there lyrics are quite wierd.
Josso
My friend loves the hell out of them Laughing... never been a big fan but selected tracks are admittedly pretty good in my opinion, even though I'm not a big non-electronic person.
shinnoyami
i liked some of their new stuff when it came out, but i'm kind of tired of it now. but i'll always like chop suey!
anotheraddict
yea i love SOAD, Toxicity was my favorite album... in fact, i think i'll go listen to it right now ^^
althalus
Chop Suey is my favourite song, closely followed by Roulette. But I think most of their songs are mood-dependent; if you're angry or upset, some songs work. If you're feeling lonely or down, some songs work, etc etc.

Trashing about to Shimmy.... Cool
achene
I thing they are ok, but deffinetely not my favorite bands out there. I mean you can listen to their music without getting a headache, but its not something i listen to like every day.
Praes
i would list them in my top 20 to listen to.

Toxicity was my fav Cd of theirs.

A lot of different beats and tempos to change the mudaness of life.

IF i didn't work in an office enviroment i would PLAY IT LOUD.

but oh well, for now i just rock out my cavalier! Smile
WhisperedWords
yeah i would say toxicity or steal this album! hehe chic 'N' Stu funny song...although its not all random and about the pizza hehe...its more like advertising. i guess i like the way they are political, BOOM is a good song. Shocked
Tatsumaru
System of a Down is cool, but the reason I'm not very much into them is because they deal with politics a lot, as said before... just not my cup of tea, I'm not interested.

Their music is cool and fun though, chaotic and it still rules. Holy Mountains is one of my favorites, though I haven't heard that many songs from them.
sumangurung
I love SOAD.... Man during my college days i used to listen to them a lot and my friends would think i am crazy... Now i am in office and get a little time to listen to music.
My favourite song is chopseuy, and then toxiclty
i love all their songs and love playing them toooo..
man they are awesome..
m_furquan36
Yup they are pretty cool love hypnotize...
jeremyyak
I agree, Hypnotize was probably their best album.

But my favorite song will always be Prison Song.It's probably one of the first I heard and liked. I went and bought Mezmerise too, and it was ok.

~Jeremy~
CtrlAltDeleteDie
No way. The newest 2 are crap compared to the self titled one. Thats the best. Daron Malakian can't sing that well. If Serj had sung in Hypnotize, then maby I'd like it more.
Pablo Diablo
I love system of a down, but was reseanably let down when I listened to Hypmotize. The backup singer's presence on this album is inredably overstated. This is a huge step in the wrong direction as far as I am concerned; Serge's highly unique and theatrical voice should be the forefront, with the backup singer's higher voice as the compliment.
kazikame
Personally, I don't really like the first album. Steal this album was their best.

I think having two lead vocalists is a good idea. Both of them are great, and it can lead to some good effects (e.g. Dreaming).

Prison song is great until you get to the bridge, which just ruins the whole thing.
Ducksteina
I really like some songs from SOAD, but I think there are not many great songs on the latest albums. I liked Steal This Album! best.