FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comments and Feedback needed..

timerecords
Hello everybody,

My sites are: "http://www.timerecords.frih.net/Home.html" and "http://home.deds.nl/~timerecords/Home.html" (these are same websites only one got music and the one on frihost not (yet))

My problems are:

1. I want that the flash player stay playing if I press on trackts as an example. Is then the only solution that I use Iframes, if yes isn't there any other solution because I heard Iframes aren't good just like tables?

2. My websites are perfect (to my opinion) in FF (FireFox) but if you look at them in IE (Internet Explorer) then they are not, how do I solve that?

3. How do I make them "perfect" for (almost) all resolutions?

Thanks in advance,
Time Records
GB
I can help a little bit.

1. Not sure on this one. Although I would suggest that the player not play unless the user pushes play. That way, they have more choice, more interactivity with the site.

2. Ah, Internet Explorer. Finding hacks or workarounds for Internet Explorer is tricky. Then there are other browsers and platforms to consider, too such as Safari, Opera, and Netscape, and Mac Computers. I'm not great with code, but if you search for questions online, you will probably get a good answer. A List Apart is a good place to start.

3. Making it look good at all resolutions will require CSS. You can find information on coding this way at the website above or at CSS Zen Garden. You can make it in such a way so that your content flows to fit any screen resolution.

Hope this helps.
timerecords
GB wrote:
I can help a little bit.

1. Not sure on this one. Although I would suggest that the player not play unless the user pushes play. That way, they have more choice, more interactivity with the site.

2. Ah, Internet Explorer. Finding hacks or workarounds for Internet Explorer is tricky. Then there are other browsers and platforms to consider, too such as Safari, Opera, and Netscape, and Mac Computers. I'm not great with code, but if you search for questions online, you will probably get a good answer. A List Apart is a good place to start.

3. Making it look good at all resolutions will require CSS. You can find information on coding this way at the website above or at CSS Zen Garden. You can make it in such a way so that your content flows to fit any screen resolution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man, I'm gonna try it.
Is there by the way some kind of online checker so that you can check your website in different browsers? Because I only got FF and IE on my computer.

Greetz,
Time Records
timerecords
And about the flashplayer, in FF it looks fine but in IE it's horrible...got a solution for that too?

Greetz,
Time Records
GB
The only one I know of is www.browsercam.com. Unfortunately, it is a site you have to pay for. However, you can try it for 24 hours free. Otherwise, see if your friends have computers you can borrow to test on. Or just download other browsers on to your computer. Opera and Netscape are free like Firefox.

Sorry, don't really know about how to change the flash player in FF and IE although I seem to recall a recent article in A List Apart about something similar.
iflash
You are right, on Internet Explorer is not a good design.

Maybe if you change the question about the resolution: concentrate on your targuet audience, they have high resolutions monitors?, dialup connections? which browser they use?

Some times is better have a few but loyal audience.

Other aproach is googlelike veeery simple but very powerful tool.

At the end you never goona make happy all the world.
timerecords
Thanks all of you.
I'm gonna changest my site a little bit so maybe you guys want to check it again later?

By the way I've got another site www.mocromusic.tk. If you guys want, please give some feedback about this site too.

Greetz,
Time Records