FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox unstable..

goblinish
Is anyone else here finding Firefox to be a little unstable recently? Ive had it crash on me 3 times today while browsing around frihost. Im running the latest version on XP.

Im even considering using IE for a bit (shock, blush). Embarassed
crdowner
I have not had any issues with stability with Firefox but I have had several web pages not display and/or function correctly. I know that some of these were programmed specifically for IE instead of using standards but I need the sites to work so I primarily use IE. I did make the switch to IE7 as soon as the beta became publicly available. The current beta seems very stable and since it has tabbed browsing, I really do not miss Firefox.
manumiglani
goblinish wrote:
Is anyone else here finding Firefox to be a little unstable recently? Ive had it crash on me 3 times today while browsing around frihost. Im running the latest version on XP.

Im even considering using IE for a bit (shock, blush). Embarassed

are you using the latest version of Firefox? If not, update it to the latest version.......
varun_dodla
I have been using firefox for sometime now and never found anything wrong with it. It gives the best a browser can give. So far I had no issues with. Even I suggest you to update your version.
Philip
me too, when i am using firefox, it took my PC busy become 100% --"
and it make others application become hang.
and somehow it took very much memory also, on my pc when i am browse with firefox it take 40 megabyte memory T_T
what a big resources...
goblinish
I am using version 1.5.0.5 (which i believe to be the latest version).

I am sure that the current instabalitys only came during the last two updates or so. When i first started using firefox about a year ago i never had any instabality problems.
manumiglani
goblinish wrote:

I am sure that the current instabalitys only came during the last two updates or so. When i first started using firefox about a year ago i never had any instabality problems.

Can u let me know what extensions are you using?
goblinish
manumiglani wrote:
goblinish wrote:

Stumble & Video Downloader
manumiglani
goblinish wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
goblinish wrote:

Stumble & Video Downloader

Well it seems to be there could be some problem with the Java on your system or that may be caused by different profiles you may be using?

How many profiles are you using for Firefox?
goblinish
I am only using one profile.
manumiglani
goblinish wrote:
I am only using one profile.

Then I would recommend you to reinstall the java on your system and post the results here.....
saurabh.sauron
it is unstable only if u have too many extensions and if the site u r visiting is too heavy. it may also crash if u have clicked on a heavy PDF link. best is to use PDF download in that case.
goblinish
Guess ive tempted fate by posting this... Just fired up the fox to discover all my bookmarks had dissapeared! Fortunely i keep a backup.. Wink
orcaz
whenever u upgrade firefox, u shud try to do a clean install, which means besides uninstalling it, u haf to remove the application data and the registry keys.
jwellsy
I have FF 1.5.0.5 with over 20 tabs and a dozen extensions on an xp machine. FF never crashes for me.

Disapearing bookmarks? When was the last time you updated and ran
Windows Update
Adaware
Spybot search and destroy
Spywareblaster

You might also want to take the cover off the pc
and blow the dust out of the heat sinks, especialy on the video card.
Ranfaroth
If you find Firefox too unstable or heavy, you should try other gecko browsers lighter, like SeaMonkey or KMeleon...

goblinish
Had another update yesterday, and its been ok since Smile
nomokokoa
aaa
{name here}
Get a decent browser or try going through a proxy. Firefox always quirks when other browsers I've used don't.
jeremyyak
Firefox is much more stable compared to IE. It is faster and much safer too Razz
I haven't found a single problem with Firefox, but I have found many with IE. Such as Java problems Confused

In my opinion, Firefox is the best, but I use IE, FF, Opera, and Safria to make sure my sites look the same, somthings work better on certain browsers Confused
~Jeremy~
Traveller
goblinish wrote:
The latest version is 1.5.0.6. That's what I'm running with no problems.

Only once have I had any stability problems, and that was a release that was not out for long, and was replaced with a stable version very quickly. Otherwise, I have been using Firefox with only that one problem since version 0.4.

If Firefox is unstable, that would mean IE has a hair trigger! LOL!
goblinish
Like i said, i had another update, and its been ok. Wink (1.5.0.6)
orcaz
jeremyyak wrote:
Firefox is much more stable compared to IE. It is faster and much safer too Razz
I haven't found a single problem with Firefox, but I have found many with IE. Such as Java problems Confused

In my opinion, Firefox is the best, but I use IE, FF, Opera, and Safria to make sure my sites look the same, somthings work better on certain browsers Confused
~Jeremy~

for java, it seems that IE is more stable than FF. Many sites crash with java applets using FF, but I had no probs when using IE.