FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Isn't advertising Web Hosting Against the TOS?

alkady
I've noticed Google Ads on Free Web Hosting and Paid Hosting, I though it was against Frihost's TOS.

Scorpio
alkady, advertising other webhosts is against the ToS for the users of frihost..

But those ads bring money to frihost even if they lure potential customers away from frihost

But if we advertise some other hosting service, only the other site gets members and money not frihost..

That is why..

Though bondings has the option to block out competitors which may prove a very threat to the existence of this hosting site Rolling Eyes
rightclickscott
It doesn't change the fact that Frihost offers the best free hosting service around, so the way I see it, even if we advertise other free hosts, ours is still better than those, so people wouldn't really care in the first place.
alkady
rightclickscott wrote:
It doesn't change the fact that Frihost offers the best free hosting service around, so the way I see it, even if we advertise other free hosts, ours is still better than those, so people wouldn't really care in the first place.

That really hurts because I'm a host myself...Nah, Just kidding, I only got the Reseller Account to take advantage of the Reseller Benefits. Smile
Aiz
I guess it was just a slip in the adsense system that let one of two occasional competitors through o.o But I don't see how it would hurt frihost because all those ads look really unprofessional and I would think twice before trying them, much less leaving frihost for them, and I assume most are like me in that aspect.
saiyeek
TOS doesn't applies to the admins of Frihost. LOL
Zage
Advertising other freehosts is against the TOS only for users here. Google doesn't have to follow the TOS at all. Google ads are annoying but they help pay for this site. So google ads are actually very helpful.
eliasr
i don't quite agree. the ads are there, and they can also be helpfull, frihost earn money on it, as make the hosting here free, and the ads dont anoy me, because , it fit to the background, and its notg a flashing big block you get in the face, where you nearly cant find up or down in it