FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

permission to access /install.php

linexpert
Hi,
I am trying to install a flashchat bot and i keep getting this error.

Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /install.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

what can i do about it?

I have searched and have read that changing .htaccess to s.htaccess fixes it but don't know where this file is.

thanks
Scorpio
For this "forbidden" thing, what you can try is CHMODDING the folder containing install.php as well as the file itself to 777 till you complete the installation..

For CHMODDING, you can use the FTP and simply right click on the folder and file and select the permissions option and set it to 777.(in case you didnt know)

If this doesnt work, then for the .htaccess you can do this

go to the folder where you want to create the .htaccess.
then create a new file using directadmin
put some text or whatever you want in it.(leave it empty if you dont want anything there)

then name it s.htaccess or whatever you want it to be
and save it
linexpert
I tried chmodding the folder and the install.php to 777 and i also created a new .htaccess file in the folder but it still doesn't work.
linexpert
I found this post: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-41900.html&highlight=htaccess

do you think once i backup my database and ask bondings to reset it, it might fix the problem?

Also when i click on phpmyadmin in the cp.frih.net it says it can't find the page. Firefox gives me a "problem loading page"
mathiaus
Please see my PM Smile
linexpert
I replied back to your pm but basically the error doesn't comeup until i actually try installing the AI bots. I described in in detail in my pm. Smile