FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To Kill an American

anticheat
Allegedly written by Peter Ferrara, an associate professor of law at the George Mason University School of Law.
September 25, 2001 9:20 a.m.

A primer, being circulated on the Net.
Variants also include that an Australian Dentist wrote the editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is. So they would know when they found one. (Good one on ya, mate!!)

Quote:
To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So I just thought I would write to let them know what an American is, so they would know when they found one.

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish , Russian or Greek.
An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan.
The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion.
For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous.
Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.
Americans welcome the best of everything... the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services.
But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed.
These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families.
It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must.
Hitler did.
So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world.
But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself.
Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place.
They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom.
Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American."

EDIT - Please use the Quote tags when quoting outside sources
risuarez
anticheat wrote:

Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place.
They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom.
Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American."

You gonna make me cry!! I detect a little etnocentrism in what you said.
simp
ROTFLMFAO!

That is the most hilarious thing I have read in a long time. THANKS! Now get off your mother and out of Iraq, you inbred ex-Reagan Youth retard.
horseatingweeds
Simp, no more effort is needed to let the Frihost world know you are an ignorant creature.

Anticheat, very good piece and welcome. Much enlightening conversation is available here. We also have the privilege of those such as Simp who represent the fare end of the spectrum as well as those in the middle and more realistic area.
simp
Horseatingsh?t,
before referring to me as ignorant, please explain what is the "fare" end of the spectrum?

P.S.:
Q: What do you call 2,500+ dead Ameican Imperialist war pigs in Iraq?

A: A good start.

P.S.S.:
Regarding Iraq, does the phrase "tar baby" mean anything to you?
S3nd K3ys
simp wrote:
Horseatingsh?t,
before referring to me as ignorant, please explain what is the "fare" end of the spectrum?

P.S.:
Q: What do you call 2,500+ dead Ameican Imperialist war pigs in Iraq?

A: A good start.

P.S.S.:
Regarding Iraq, does the phrase "tar baby" mean anything to you?

Hey simp, how does this make you feel? Framed and Matted! Laughing

horseatingweeds
simp wrote:
Horseatingsh?t,

The ‘far’ are the people not in the middle. Rather than seeing things in a moderate sense and understanding that all people have the same basic motivations they cling to ultimate yeses and nos. You are an America hater. You are unreasonable and belligerent when it comes to the US or anything associated. That’s why I called you ignorant. Your posts are not productive. At best you would have made our new friend think this is a garbage forum.
Vrythramax
@simp & horseatingweeds

I refer you both to http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html 1.General Rules paragraph C.

Lets at least try to play nice.
Arnie
If you're anti-American, anti-Israel, and especially also anti-Bush, you don't have anything to explain. You have friends who agree with you and you with them. (Naturally, because it's crystal clear, I mean undeniable, that America is a big joke. Anyone that dares to deny that is either mentally retarded or allied to those worthless fools.) You're verbally strong, and your sarcasm creates very creative pictures of reality. Because you're a realist, you're socially gifted, kind, loving, and you have a fresh look at things. Nobody can deceive you like they deceive the rest of the world. You know the best jokes to keep your world-improving chats from getting dull. Oh, and those anti-Bush music groups are also very good! Everyone you meet shares your favourite bands. Yes, if everyone was like you, the world would be full of peace and tolerance. The new era of love and freedom has arrived!

But when your opinion is not "as it should be", you are forced into a debate all the time. Which you caused of course, because you are one of those fools that so badly needs to have a different opinion. If you don't accept that "we have to move on with our time", and "it's a difficult matter so I may be wrong", you're a wise guy that wants to be right all the time. (I mean, what is truth?) But you're a wise guy, full of yourself, constantly using totally off-balanced unsubtle phrases, lacking any nuance and respect for the opinion of others. You're too proud to acknowledge that "you guys also have a point". You live under a rock, in your own world, outdated before you were born, a slave deceived by the world leaders. Your jokes are morally charged and intended to deceive people with (so-called) humour. And your music is junk because it doesn't thrash Bush. You have to explain why, but you're only accepted -partly of course- if you acknowledge that those other bands are "quite good as well". No, if everyone was like you, we'd be back in the Dark Ages.

The problem of the young generation of today is that they like to follow trends like that.

P.S. You may also apply this post to debates such as IE/Firefox, Windows/Linux, Christian/New Age, you name it.
simp
Well, I was wondering when you would waddle your ample posterior in here, your boorishness.

Is that Larry, Darrell and Darrell from "Newhart" in their natural habitat on the broken down living room sofa? No, wait - that must be you, the slackjaw with the King Cobra malt liquor. Classy. Somehow I thought that might be your lofty style. Mommy must have increased your allowance. Wasn't it Old English last week?

And that must be your best (and only) friend, the GQ type feeding his face in the middle. Popcorn: breakfast of . . . champions. Do be a sweetie and try to eat with your mouth closed.

BTW, who's the arguably female on the end. I actually feel sorry for her, as she is trying so hard to conceal her embarrassment at being photographed for posterity with the two "winners" to her right. Either that or she's just waiting in zombie land for the Quaaludes to wear off.

And the second picture: isn't that the local gendarmes proudly announcing your tax dollars at work as they arrest of your father for his most recent drunk and disorderly charge? Now I understand, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, does it?

:-)

Now if you will excuse me, I must attend to other posts that are actually thoughtful and well-considered.
tadssa
Quote:
You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

well i'm moslim anti usa & israel (politic) & anti every kind extremist thinking that take off the right of living from any human , moslim was it or jwish or ..... & a lots of muslims are just like me!! we all think americans are super cool people , non extremist israeli are great people, i wonder how can this pakistani newspaper publish something like this??? we shouldn't hate each ! what we should do is to fight any kind of extremist ideas !!
anticheat
I am a desert storm combat veteran...as such, being a member of the US military, I indirectly protected and supported the freedom of speech we have...including yours. Thanks for flaming me and showing your TRUE colors..and anything more that I would like to post here would be breaking the forum rules. Consider yourself lucky. Also, here are pictures of Muslims who marched throughout the streets of London during their recent Religion of Peace Demonstration. These pictures have never been shown in any of our American newspapers or television news because we should never appear to offend anyone!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter9.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter8.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter7.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter6.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter5.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter4.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter3.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter2.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ewfdemon/ShowLetter.jpg

Why would anyone think that we should be at war with such nice, peaceful Muslims?! There are extreme ways of thinking in any culture. Too bad they can't think and do extremely good things.
mabuhay
Code:
That is the most hilarious thing I have read in a long time. THANKS! Now get off your mother and out of Iraq, you inbred ex-Reagan Youth retard.

well said...
anticheat
I'm not promoting the war in Iraq. I'm just giving food for thought. I think we should pull out of every country and let them implode. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my book. I think a few liberals should go to those countries and observe it happening too.
S3nd K3ys
anticheat wrote:
I'm not promoting the war in Iraq. I'm just giving food for thought. I think we should pull out of every country and let them implode. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my book. I think a few liberals should go to those countries and observe it happening too.

Isolationism is not the answer, but I often wonder if we'd be able to survive (self-sufficient) long enough for everyone else to wipe themsleves out.. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing
horseatingweeds
If we look at history taking on isolationism will just set us up for another monumental global conflict and well be to square one. Realistically, isolationism is not practical or even possible. The world needs the US and that is the bottom line.

As for the question of whether the US needs the rest of the world, this is yes to be as well of as it currently is. It could certainly survive though. The US can feed its self for one. If a threat appears such as a nuclear armed NK or Iran they could just melt it.