FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Message Boards/Forums

-SonyGamer
Are we allowed to use Frihost to make a forum out of it? Since I found some files that could be used to make a DiscoBoard/GC Board/Prappl Board, but I'm not sure about the sentence from the ToS:

vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

Does that mean I can't make ANY forum from the Frihost database? Or that I can only make the free forums?

Thanks Saber!
Saber
that means you cant put any forum that you have to pay to get the 'software' for. So forums like phpbb, yabb, smf, etc are ok to put on the sites.

My understanding why the rule is tehre is because those paid forums tend to have people use them illeagly, and so frihost doesnt want to be in any legal issues with them if one of their memebers does that.

So they dont allow it and made sure that people know that.

If Im wrong please inform me of other wise.
alkady
Free forums as I have seen are usually allowed.

But Paid Forums such as vBulletin is usually forbidden but I think you have to request permission from Bondings to put it and have proof that you own the usage rights.
Blaster
You can use punBB phpBB SMF and other free forum softwares. What that means is you can't use any paid software becuase it is most likely not licenced. If you have a free IPB at like www.invisionfree.com then you can link off of that though.
tribe
I have a phpbb forum, and the only way I go to VBulletin is if I go onto my friends server when we merge our 2 sites.

I like frihost, the features are endless...... its better than most web hosting services you pay for... and not cuz its free.
GameFreak
PHPBB is the best forum software around! It has ranks, subforums, different styles and great posting methods. Even Frihost uses PHPBB! It's the best. You are allowed to use it as well. You should check out their Site and try downloading the latest version, PHPBB 3.0/ Olympus.

Here's their Site:
http://www.phpbb.com
OutlawSpirit
you cant use forums like vBulletin... that u have to pay for... however, i think ive read if you can prove you have paid for it and have the licence or something then if you send it to Bondings he may allow it for that user?
James007
OutlawSpirit wrote:
you cant use forums like vBulletin... that u have to pay for... however, i think ive read if you can prove you have paid for it and have the licence or something then if you send it to Bondings he may allow it for that user?

That is absolutely correct!

-topic solved-