FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Styles of music programs

kazza
Hi,

I use Fruity Loops Studio which apparently is more suited towards creating dance music. I've tried using it to create some rock music in the style of californication (RHCP) and perhaps Limp Bizkit's heavy rock. I've tried using FL Slayer but the sounds are cheesy (esp, if I want to create in RHCP style)

Can anyone give me advice on other programs in the market that could produce in the music style I want? Thanks
Josso
Hmmm I'm not sure what would be perfect for your style but I wouldn't use Fruity Loops at all to be honest, I tried the demo for a while but I didn't like the GUI on it at all (and this is looking from a "dance" music perspective). Try Reason or maybe Cubase. Probably Cubase would be more suited for general music production rather than the program mostly being orientated around one genre.
Amit
Fruity loops has one of the best gui. the piano roll rocks.if u didnt find fruity slayer to be satisfactory then have a search for other vsti or directx plugins that suits ur needs. for your genre you can stick with flstudio though the afct cant be denied that cubase would be better.

You cant blame a software for the plugins. The quality of songs depends on the quality of samples and plugins that u use which may be or may not be a part of the software itself.