FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iframe issues - Need help please.

QrafTee
This is an old experiemental website: http://home.comcast.net/~songolin/index2.html
Now my problem is that it looks fine in IE6 (and 7 beta), but in Firefox the iframe window has a very ugly blue background which I expect is the default. However, in Opera the iframe window has a dark green background. What it is supposed to look like is a background I created to fit together with the rest of the layout (a .jpg), I've tried using transparent and making the page itself the picture, but the same thing happens again and again. It's quite the hassle.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you.

BTW, if you recommend something in CSS, I'm a real novice at it at the moment so please be specific.[/url]
eznet
I think that your easiest fix from your expressed experience would be to simply alter the news.html file to reflect the background that you would like. I have downloaded your source and altered to simply adding the
Code:

background="http://home.comcast.net/~songolin/bottom_m.gif"

to the body tag of the news.html file and the image loaded. I would definatly recommend reading up on CSS as your results will be much nicer than with tables.... also I would recommend reading up on HTML syntax as well to avoid potential buggy browser errors.... example... you should add the opening <body> tag to your news.html file...
Code:

<html>
    <head>
      <style>
      </style>
    </head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>
littlegiant
Your problem is 'transparent' is not a valid value for the bgcolor attribute. I ran a search and replace and removed all instances of bgcolor="transparent" and all the blue background disappeared.

If you want to set the background image of the iframe, use the 'background' attribute with the URL of the image as the value. Example:

Code:
background="URL_TO_BACKGROUND_IMAGE_GOES_HERE"

Alternatively, in your embedded CSS file, you could use this code:

Code:
background: url(URL_TO_BACKGROUND_IMAGE_GOES_HERE);

On the other hand, if you simply want to make the iframe page transparent so it shows the background of the parent window, then use the allowtransparency="true" attribute/value pair in the <iframe> tag. Be advised however that allowtransparency is not supported in pre-Opera 9.