FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Is there such thing as a soul mate?





dracula
Is there such thing as a soul mate?
I have never had a girlfriend, nor am I in any hurry to get one. But what I am wondering, is there such thing as a soul mate? I have seen soo many people get in love, then break up. Or get married, then after a few years divorce. So if people keep doing that, how can they find their 'soul mate'? Or will they ever find a 'soulmate'?
What do you think? I am not making sence but if you can refrase this then you are welcom to.
eznet
Hello.... I am far from an expert... simply a rational being with a desire for science. I am in a happy, loving marrage (over 5 years now). Although 5 years is far from a lifetime I think it has given practical experience. We are both happy and have pretty much always been since meeting... I think that this in part comes from knowing, for a fact, that outside of nature, natural chemical reaction, natural instinct, biological factors, etc. there is no such thing as love. Love is a chemical process..... it is highly active (and fun) at the beginning and naturally declines after some times... knowing this allows couples to accept natural feelings of decreased "Awe" and "obsession" found early in relationships and replace them with longer lasting, emotionally and mentally deeper feelings and emotions.... lust is often identified as love as it last for over 2 years often times, hence why so many marrages end in divorce within 3 years.. just some advice for the future.... dont expect love to fix all, know that that warm and fuzzy feeling has more to do with initial attraction then deep rooted connection... Find someone who is a friend and that you can easily relate to as that will last forever, even after the warm fuzzies are dead Smile
trollbunden
well I think so but it's hard to find your soul mate. It's not sure you meet your soul mate in this life
JoeFriday
eznet offers some good insight

my opinion (beyond what eznet already said) is that too many people have bought into the hollywood 'soulmate' hype.. take a look at internet personal ads and you'll see about a third of all women mention looking for a soulmate

generally a soulmate is perceived as someone with whom you have an instant and total symbiance.. that is, everything between the two people is 'natural' and 'easily flowing'.. meaning there is no work necessary and everything just falls into place.. the people who believe that is how a relationship should be are looking for the impossible

sure, they can remember meeting someone and it being 'perfect' for 4 months.. and then something happened and that feeling went away, so they left the relationship to find their 'true' soulmate rather than work on a relationship

have you ever heard the phrase "you appreciate the things you have to work for more than those you are given"? that's how life is.. when something is handed to you, it usually doesn't have the same value as the things that you earned.. relationships are the same way

don't spend your life looking for a perfect partner.. there are no perfect people, and therefore no perfect relationships.. find someone you respect and care about and forget the soulmate nonsense.. you'll be much happier if you live in the real world instead of trying to emulate movies
snjripp
It seems to me that there is not necessarily one person out there who is the one person for you. It seems that it is more like a continuum of people/relationship that are closer or more distant to an idea of perfection. I think that there are probably many people with whom you could have a great enduring relationship--and that given a great fit (close on the continuum to your perfect) that a relationship can exist and last as though the two were soul mates. However, I think there is actually no perfection in human relationships so searching for what one may ultimately classify as soul mate could be quite fruitless.
juliox
Perhaps there is a soulmate if that you define as the ideal person in which you share your life, that would be your soulmate, i would say, and there might be as many soulmates as you wanted to be, is just a matter of adaptation Laughing
bluefossil
there is no such thing as a "soul mate". it's about two people make a relationship "work". You are going to be a world of hurt if you think, "<name here> is my soul mate. There is no way things can get f-ed up cuz SHE IS my SOULMATE".
danito
I agree with juliox, depending on the intensity of the particular personal relationship I think most people would say they have, throughout their lives, had more than one person they would consider a "soulmate". And of course as people change throughout their lives so indeed do the needs that a soulmate fufils. But I guess if they were a true soulmate, then they(and you of course) would adapt to those needs.
Aiz
I believe there is such a thing.

I don't believe it in the fairy tale way anymore, but I'd like to think there is someone out there who would accept you the way you are and making a happy life with you. I guess all the divorces and breakups were results of failed attempts, or rather in some cases, a lack of attempt at making it work.

Sometimes, like with religion and other personal beliefs, I think it's better just to believe what you will and not brood on it since the best answers to this type of questions is really your own personal experiences.
Tac-Tics
The word "soulmate" was invented by proprietors of online dating services. There's no special quality about someone which makes him or her a soulmate or not. It's just a fuzzier sounding word for the person you sleep with.
jenus
I do agree with Juliox and bluefossil, is just a matter of adaptation, bc is there were a soulmate there would not were cheatting lol, well that wjat i think is just an adaptation to the person that you love and that you want it to work it out...
HoboPelican
Tac-Tics wrote:
The word "soulmate" was invented by proprietors of online dating services. There's no special quality about someone which makes him or her a soulmate or not. It's just a fuzzier sounding word for the person you sleep with.

What cynic! Smile Actually, the word has been around a lot longer than the net.
I think Coleridge first used it in 1822.

I believe we have soulmates. Rare, but more than one. There is a wide spectrum of how couples interact and work out issues. Some find it very easy and some struggle mightily. I think those couples where both feel the effort is worth the reward, those are the people who've found their soulmates.
angry_hindu
HoboPelican wrote:
Tac-Tics wrote:
The word "soulmate" was invented by proprietors of online dating services. There's no special quality about someone which makes him or her a soulmate or not. It's just a fuzzier sounding word for the person you sleep with.

What cynic! Smile Actually, the word has been around a lot longer than the net.
I think Coleridge first used it in 1822.

I believe we have soulmates. Rare, but more than one. There is a wide spectrum of how couples interact and work out issues. Some find it very easy and some struggle mightily. I think those couples where both feel the effort is worth the reward, those are the people who've found their soulmates.

couldnt have said it better myself....i think the same thing. there may be a few people you are highly compatible with (for this arguments sake lets call them 'soulmates') but you probably will never see them in your lifetime as they will be in another part of the world, so you are forced to settle with someone who is not perfect for you marrying someone for 'social status' which is pathetic but true in this superficial world. but, hey thats life suck it up we all have to or we'd be miserable cynics
lol maybe its too late for me to lose my cynical attitude...
windrei
me too, i also never have a girlfriend. But i believe there is someone called "soulmate". She was my college classmate, we have been known each other for more than 10 years. We talk about anything, and when i have problems, from tiny things to personal serious matter, i ask for her opinions. i think it's okay. We both know that we are only friends, and good freinds. If we really get involved to each other, it had been happened during the days in college. But we did not. Now she has a good boyfriend. i am happy about it too.
heavensent6
I believe there is a soulmate for everyone out there and that God created someone for everyone out there. A soulmate to me is someone whom you waited for almost your entire life and finally find them. Of course there are ups and downs but part of being a soulmate is that you have the love and respect for each other to surcomb anything.
Etcetera
Believing in the concept of a soulmate would also imply that you believe in the concept of fate, that there's someone that's meant for you. Sure, there can be someone that you naturally like very much because of your values but if you're compatible enough with someone and a beautiful relationship blossoms, it'll feel like they're meant to be. Like they're so perfect for you that it had to be. In reality, if something happened to mess up this relationship and you had found a new one and it blossomed too, you'd also call them a soulmate. The feeling is based on success in a relationship, lots of people can be your soulmate. But there are too many factors in the world to have someone meant for you.
angelussum
Soulmates is such a unclear term. I mean, in some senses, you can take it to mean someone you have an instant and easy connection with, where your relationship works without much effort. Some might say a soulmate is more like someone you have a deep and natural connection with. I think it would be worthwhile to take a look at what you mean by soulmate.

Generally though, love is something that takes work - from both parties. Some relationships might be easier than others, but at the end of the day, nothing is instant, easy or perfect.
aurigadelphinus
Tainted by the status of single, I'm stating that soulmate's are possible. Soulmate indicates, to me, a certain like-minded pairing. Mabye, a shared sense of duty or level of personal integrity. That said, I do think that soulmate is an achieved status as appossed to a non-cultivated factor. I think a couple can get there quick if all the moons of jupiter are aligned. Some, most, probably take a little longer. I think soulmates is too cool of a thought to write off.
rajat
i dunno if something like soulmate ever exists Wink
mrgutterminds
This is interesting… other people I know are saying the same thing – that your “soulmate” isn’t necessarily your significant other. The truth is, I feel like I have many soulmates then.

But, I think many people think of a soulmate as the person that is/was chosen for and/or by you to be your significant other in a romantic sense. And if you blow it, you’ll have a sense of blowing it the rest of your life. Not saying I agree with this, but stick with me for a moment…

In this sense, soulmate and destiny are tied together. I, for one, have never really believed in fate. Do I believe we are on a path? Perhaps. Do I believe everything has already happened and we’re just living it out in real-time? Probably not.

On the other hand, I do have a strong feeling about one of my ex’s. Not saying I should or would get back with her, but I sometimes feel we “blew” it. She’s married now with a baby, so it’s kind of a done deal now….

So, I really have a couple of questions then: Do we have one soul that is chosen and meant to be our lifelong love partner? And do we have many soulmates that come in many forms – family, friends, lovers, etc?

Does destiny or chosen path (if it exists) play into any or all of this?
sketteksalfa
I dont believe in soulmate. They said if you agree on many things then youre a soulmate, well for me the more similar things you have together, then the shorter your relationship could be; since both of you are used to what you are doing. I believe in negative attracts positive relationship wherein there are less similarities to both and both learns from each other in many ways.
Srs2388
Yes I do believe in soulmate.... the main reason I believe in this is because I am with my girlfriend, whom i believe is my soulmate she is wonderful =)
HoboPelican
sketteksalfa wrote:
I dont believe in soulmate. They said if you agree on many things then youre a soulmate, well for me the more similar things you have together, then the shorter your relationship could be; since both of you are used to what you are doing. I believe in negative attracts positive relationship wherein there are less similarities to both and both learns from each other in many ways.


I don't think being your soulmate means they agree with everything you do. But you have to be able to disagree in an acceptable manner. Wink

The opposites attracting thing is nice, but I wouldn't take it to extremes. Those differences don't always mesh nicely (I know that one from experience Laughing )
rfarrand
As far as a single, one soulmate out there is concerned, i don't really believe in that...i do believe that God knows who we will end up choosing to be with...but as for you are only compatible and able to choose one person in your lifetime is far from what i believe.

There are so many people out there, and i think you can be compatible with many different people, but we have to make a choice as human beings whether or not we want to spend the rest of our lives with this or that person...

Two people have to make that choice with each other...just because you make a choice to be with that person, does not mean that the other person feels the same way, in which case you break up and move on to the next compatible person to decide whether or not this is the person that you both together want to take that step of faith...

I am personally against divorce adn will never divorce my wife no matter what she does...i believe that it was my choice to marry her and that is what i need to live with...i will never put my kids thruogh a divorce situation...that is just not fair to them at all....they need their father and mother... this is just where i stand on this issue.

you are compatible with many people, its who we choose to spend the rest of our lives with, that is the key to finding or not finding happiness in a marriage or dating relationship.
freecitizen
Of course, everyone has a soulmate. =]
MDCNK
I also believe everybody has a 'soulmate', I tihnk I've already found mine but time will tell.

Some people might take the term soulmate too seriously, some people just search for them and that's not something you should do.
I agree with some of yuou guys, Hobo and heavensent for instance, you've made good points and I just think that the most important part of knowing that you've found your soulmate is that you BOTH know and aware of the mistakes you have made and are able to work any problem out TOGETHER< you both need to have an understanding and you have to be able to talk and work things out, if you leave problems unsolved they will get back sooner or later and just hunt you.

If you think about the way that there are possibly more soulmates I don't think that's true, I don't believe that a soulmate is just the same as a friend because that's what I read in one of the posts (not literally but it comes down to that), I do not believe that because those are just friends.

A soulmate, i think, is a person who truly satisfies your every need and support you all the way, that person who will walk through fire for you, who will do anything for you because that's how much they love you. No matter what mistake of terrible thing you could've done they will stick with you if you truly are sorry and ask for forgiveness, you should truly know this person and it also should be your best friend, not just your legal partner...you know?
andy26
*preffer not to show this post anymore due to finding out this stuff is on google*
crimson_aria
I believe that there's such thing as soul mate. But I believe that his/her soul mate is not always the one destined to be with him/her. I think soul mates are someone who completely connects with you in almost everything. But it's not necessarily that person who you will fall in love with or stay with forever.
sonicj
This is a tough one to answer. I have come to the conclusion that a person can choose to love anyone. The majority of the time people choose wrong. This is why there are so many divorces. I think a soulmate is simply someone that fits with you like a puzzle piece. We should all be more careful about who we choose as a partner. If you choose unwisely and end up in a bad relationship with children, then you have compounded the problem not only for yourself but for generations to come.
atiwary
Yes!!

I think that over many lifetimes we have met many people who we have had close relationships with. Those people who we have been the closest with are soulmate or soulfriends. Depending on our karmic pattern, we meet these soulmates to help each other's development.
mrgzilnik
I'm certain that there is, but it is incredibly rare. I think that any relationship worth having will require work to keep it fresh. Also bear in mind that everyone changes as they go through life, so for a relationship to last many years, the two people need to have many of the same goals in life, so that their changes occur in like directions, rather than diverging over the years.
douzy
There's no 'soulmate', but potential 'soulmates'. That's the way I see it. That is why it is advisable to meet as much people as possible before you decide whom to spend the rest of your life with.
TrueFact
I don't think so douzy, You can't just choose whom your heart will love. Along your way in life you meet 100s and some of us meet 1000s of people but you love only one and you don't choose to love him or not. You may try to hold back your feelings and emotions and put behind your back but you still love him/her. a soul mate is usually of the opposite sex and sometimes it's just friendship not love but it does exist. And that's why we usually say it about our beloved.
joemakgobane
again this is one of those psychological comforts. if u believe u can fly, then u can fly. it`s all about convincing your mind.
joemakgobane
again this is one of those psychological comforts. if u believe u can fly, then u can fly. it`s all about convincing your mind.
dancingfire
dracula wrote:
Is there such thing as a soul mate?
I have never had a girlfriend, nor am I in any hurry to get one. But what I am wondering, is there such thing as a soul mate? I have seen soo many people get in love, then break up. Or get married, then after a few years divorce. So if people keep doing that, how can they find their 'soul mate'? Or will they ever find a 'soulmate'?
What do you think? I am not making sence but if you can refrase this then you are welcom to.


Ok to start I don't believe in souls, I believe in the concept energy. The concept of the soul is a spiritual theory that's never been proven. I theorize that energy draws specific people together for certain reasons we will never understand. So, if you look at it metaphorically and not spiritually yes there could be soulmates. Consider this, everyone we encounter could have possibly been in contact with us for reasons that have or have not happened yet. If anyone ever gives you a yes or no answer on this topic just remember, they have no way to prove soulmates exist which leaves it nothing more than a theory. Theory is great because it makes us think of endless possibilities rather than just thinking we know it all, cause nobody knows it all. If we couldn't learn anymore what would be the point anyway? Study Study Study and you can start forming your own theories about a limitless life. Smile
cvkien
so, you mean your girlfriend or wife is your soulmate? well, i don't think so. if you love someone, do you mean your soul is choosing your girlfriend's soul so that you will choose her? how do you know you have soul? as i know, human has mind and body. but if you are saying that human has soul, where is the soul? why can't i see the soul? if you say that soul will control your body, that mean you don't have a mind. because mind is a sense of thinking as the function of the brain. and human will come out some concept of soul, god, ghost... because they cannot explain the situation and human won't giveup in order to use all that concept to tell others that they are genious or 'master'..??
bongoman
Ok well to answer the first part of this question I think it depends how one defines a soulmate, if it has to do with some metaphysical connection with another person I personally believe that is possible (and there's been some recent research to suggest that there may be some levels of mental links between some people, although that can be debated). If you define a soulmate as someone who posseses a set of desireable physical and mental characteristics that is compatible with your own then yes thats very possible.

The second part of my answer which partly has both of the above mentioned definitions....

Ok now this may be slightly fuzzy math here but... looking at it from a statistical point of view there are roughly 6.5 billion people on this planet we call earth. Now break that down further by gender and you have roughly 3.25 billion people right? Well that means there's a 1 in 3.25 billion chance then that you'll find a soulmate out there. If you look at it that way then you'd think it was nearly impossible to find a soulmate out there, but I believe thats the beauty of such a probability. Because despite the fact that your chances are 1 in 3.25 billion people still find enough commonalities to get together in the first place, have whatever relationships they have whether legally binding or not. The fact that people also get divorced or break up further prooves this point. But certainly enough variations in personalities out there exist so if its not directly possible to find a soulmate then you'll darn well get close to it. So in a sense I see the whole search for a soulmate idea like a statistical curve, in theory you'll be able to get close to it but its really difficult to actually reach it, and I think to a sense thats why it all works out in the end because as I am sure many people in relationships will attest to will probabably be able to find some flaw in their partner no matter how "perfect" they may be.
sodredge
Very Happy I can only pray there is such a person out there, then again...

I was looking at Wikopedia and it strikes me funny that this is how they coin that word.

Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a subjective, emotional feeling of deep affinity, friendship, love, strong intimacy or compatibility.

Some how putting it like that seems to lessen it some how. Though I get it. I have been around the relationship block a few times. You could call me old school and a hard read at times, so finding the "one" has been a trial and as of late something I have given to my faith. If it is in the cards then God will play them for me.

Why would you not want to think that there is a Yin to your Yang, hope is what makes our world go round. Very Happy
ridingwithladyluck
I know for sure that I have a soul mate my husband and I were married for 30 years when the the good lord took him away from me 2 years ago. after his death he came to me I saw him in my bathroom mirror. I think just to let me know he was ok. and that everything will be ok. I miss him very much and love him even more but altho I'm only 54 I know that I will be single for the rest of my days. I have no desire and I know that there will never be another man in my life time. I guess you just know when its your soul mate maybe some people never have one alls I know is I have one and in my heart I know that I will see him again after I go to the other side. I hope you find that special someone someday then and only then will you know.when its in your heart and mind you create your own future. God bless are those of us that know what is the turth.
kutekitten
I read this quote somewhere (I forget where *sheepish smile*) and I wrote it down because I thought it was an interesting look on life Smile
Quote:
According to Greek Mythology:
The first humans were created with 4 arms, legs and eyes, & 2 noses and mouthes. Afraid of their power, Zeus split them in half, leaving them to find the other half of themselves. These people are called our Soulmates...
Conanrx
I don't go for the mythological concepts, but I do believe there is such a thing as soulmate.

Very recently, I discovered my soulmate, a woman who I have known for about 4 years. It took a while for us to come to the realization that we are soulmates, but the driving force behind our relationship has always been a very deep and natural connection between us. Her thoughts are very easy for me to grasp and it is very easy for me to see where she's coming from and how she feels when she speaks. We understand each other deeply and with little effort. It feels like an instinct. It is rock solid all of the time. It is almost as if we share one soul and we pass it back and forth.

I think in my life (I'm pushing 60) I have come across one or maybe 2 others with whom I can say I shared this kind of deep natural connection. That isn't many for a lifetime. Neither time did I realize what was behind this special kind of bond. Had I known, I would have pursued a relationship more vigorously. I am fortunate to have become aware of what this special kind of connection is this time around and I hope to see our relationship blossom out like it is meant to do. We do love each other deeply but due to circumstances we still have to, in a sense, get out of low gear.

What led up to this relationship was remarkable in itself. I was feeling very lonely one night and I prayed to God for him to send me the complete mate, my other half in every respect. The next day, a woman drove up my driveway just to pay me a visit after we had met only once about a year before. I remembered that her name was Sarina and the fact that I remembered her name made her feel good. We spent the next 8 months hanging out together getting used to the deep and natural way we connected to each other. We discussed the most personal things about ourselves as we tried to forge a relationship. However she would go to extreme measures keeping herself at a safe distance but then at times she would come to me for comfort and understanding because I was the only man she could relate to. But it was not turning into a monogamous relationship fast enough for me and I could no longer keep taking her as seriously as she wished to be taken. Things didn't go so well because of her baggage and need for attention from other men and her inability to reciprocate. She simply wasn't ready yet and she was also going through a tough divorce at the time.

Undoubtedly I had my share of issues that she was unable to deal with too. So after 8 months, we split up for 3 or 4 years, with nobody really showing up in my life to take her place. I couldn't connect with anyone as deeply as I did with her. That took some luster out of every other woman I met. Perhaps it was because I had become spoiled after meeting my soulmate. But I didn't know it. All I understood was that I was not feeling very aroused. Perhaps it was just poor luck with the women I met. Perhaps I still cared for Sarina.

I was becoming discouraged and finally it got to the point where I prayed to God once again and asked that this time he send me the right woman who will complete me. Sure enough the very next day, here comes Sarina driving up my driveway after a 3 year hiatus once again! Of all days for her to decide to pay me a visit! She proudly announced that she had given up her drinking and I took it as a message from her that she was ready now and wanted to try again. (She hasn't touched a drop for 6 months.) We have been arranging our lives to make room in spite of some outside resistance... other men and other women who don't particularly like the idea of the two of us hooking up. They are falling by the wayside.

I would also like to tell you about our first night out together several years ago. We played a game of KENO at the restaurant where we went out for dinner. (KENO is legal here in my state.) She picked 2 numbers and I picked 2 numbers. I said to her, OK this is for all the marbles, will we make it together? Will Martin and Sarina work out? That was plenty to stake on a game of KENO.

Unbelievably all 4 numbers came up on the very first try and we won about $175 for a dollar. I had never won before then or since, but when I asked the big question, will we make it, we won. It was magical and it's the truth.

This time we are spending more time doing the things we had originally intended to do with each other, particularly in the area of self-help seminars and other healing types of endeavors. I have led her to have experiences that she never realized were there for the asking and that there is hope for her to heal her life's wounds, and it's been working, really! Her mom is beside herself with the change she sees in Sarina and she said to me that there is no way she could ever thank me for what I've done for her daughter. This soulmate thing works both ways.

As I was saying, it was only very recently that we found out about our special connection -- within the past week or 2, and that there is actually a word that describes it -- "soulmates." I found the definition of "soulmate" at Wikipedia and put it on my computer screen and let her read it. All she could do was nod her head. I noticed how I felt very unresourceful for a short time afterward because of the awkwardness in the moment realizing that this someone and I had just found out in such a casual and matter of fact way what we truly are to each other.

Even for soulmates, it was quite a sobering moment. To stop and consider the issue and see the truth in it and realize all that it could mean for the two of us. Then reality sets in. Finding out for the first time that the two of us are soulmates carries with it an overwhelming realization in the moment, something neither of us were prepared for at the time because we are not yet an "official" couple. Surely you can see the awkwardness in that -- however, for a couple of soulmates, it wasn't really that big of an obstacle to get over.

Immediately after our moment of truth, I made a short run to the store and offered to pick her up something to drink. On the way out, I discovered that we both drink the same thing, Pear-apple Life water. (Try asking the next 1000 people what they drink. How many will give you that answer?) I returned soon and she asked to borrow $40 which happened to be exactly how much money I was able to get out of the ATM machine at the market before it ran out. A typical day for us.

Then, after a little romancing from me, things heated up and the realization that we are soulmates felt more genuine and comfortable to think about, even quite romantic. Then it came time for her to leave to pick up her 6-year old daughter. (Sarina is a very attractive 35 year old mother.) I said to her, "maybe we should be spending more time working on a relationship," to which she replied, "oh everyone wants a relationship." And I replied, "maybe everyone does, but you and I are special." At that instant I noticed her body language... her body fell limp and it said, "take me." For the first time I could sense a deep (of course) passion in her just beneath the surface. And then she spoke out, "I'm having a love affair." "With who?" I asked. "With YOU" she said. I couldn't help but notice how she "melted" emotionally while sitting in the front seat of her car as she was preparing to drive home. That was a pretty good day.

This story is to be continued and I hope that everyone else gets at least the chance to meet their soulmate too. An unmistakably deep and natural connection is the key. Now you know what to look for. I am fortunate to know that I am where I am supposed to be. Just for the record, a little prayer for Martin and Sarina would be appreciated.
airh3ad
I think If you are asking yourself, 'Will I ever find my soul mate?' maybe it is time you started looking online the chances of finding your soul mate on in the internet are probably a lot better than you think. After all, pretty much everyone goes online these days and you can find people there that you would never meet in the street. If you are in a job where you do not meet many people that you could date, or if you live way out in the country, the internet will introduce you to a whole new world.
Going online is also something you can do very quickly in the middle of a busy life. You can write a few emails on your lunch break or in an internet cafe or bars clubs park. You do not have to be home waiting for the phone to ring. You just log in to your email account whenever you can, and see what - or who - is waiting there for you may could help this.
saintgeorge
The term soul mate means many different things. These are souls that you have experienced with in past, parallel or future lifetimes. They can also be aspects of your soul experiencing at this time in another body. We are all multidimensional beings, your soul having experiences, in many realities, at the same time. As we all evolve from the same source of consciousness creation, we could say that we are all soul mates in a manner of speaking.
Soul mate is sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, and/or compatibility. Soul mates can have various types of relationships, which do not always include romantic love. They can be close friends, co-workers, a teacher, anyone who influences your life one way or another. They play the emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental, games of third dimension with you. They can affect relationships in a positive or negative way depending on the emotional issues of the people concerned.
Souls often come together to work out issues or play reverse roles than that which they are experiencing elsewhere.
Anyone who is in your biological family, or adopted family, or pseudo-family, is a soul mate to you.
You feel closer to certain souls, because you have attracted them into your life as they are on the same frequency as you or because you want to work out issues with them. Karma
refers to responsibilities shared by soul mates.
Often souls mates come together to bring another soul into the physical realms. A man and woman mate and produce one or more children, the karma thus completed ends. The couple separates and share whatever karma is linked to the child.
Sometimes the karma in family is between mother and child, so the child remains exclusively with the mother. Sometimes the karma is with the father and the mother leaves or deceases. Sometimes it is with both parents or with a sibling who has entered the game before or after you.

Romance
As the soul seeks unity with self, the journey home,twin flame connection , it tends to think of a soul mate as the one (which is actually the source of creation) who is there for us and to make us feel complete.
Did you know that you often attract people into your life who look as you do in parallel or past lives? For example, you are a man seeking a female partner. You will seek out someone who looks and acts if you were a woman, like a mirror image. Your ideal partner is who you are in that physical body. We are always seeking ways to experience ourselves.
Men often seek the goddess when searching for a mate, one who looks like the priestess, slim body, long flowing hair purity of soul, beauty and gentleness of creation that speaks to their soul of union with the female creational force. It is SHE who brings loves, guidance, compassion and reunion of your twin soul aspects. A younger person, child-like in essence, is also a major attraction.
Soul mates can bring out the best and worst in each other, depending on their issues, and often no matter how hard someone tries to hold on and help, the lesson is to let go.
bebe
i used to think there is soulmate, but not anymore. happy ending i only in fairy tales, but not in real life.
deanhills
saintgeorge wrote:
Anyone who is in your biological family, or adopted family, or pseudo-family, is a soul mate to you.
I don't agree with this. For me this would depend on whether there is a bond between you and the biological member of your family. It can either be a positive or negative bond, as sometimes a negative bond can be even stronger than a positive bond. There are members in my family that I like, but do not have an affinity with either in the positive or negative, or the other way round. And there are members I have a close bond with that has been there from the very beginning. I also have a close bond with some of my friends that I may not have similarly with members of my biological family. I'm lucky that I don't have any negative relationships with my family (probably because of the reason that they aren't as close), but I would say some of my friendships fall more in the definition of soulmate than members of my biological family.
The_unnamed_label
kutekitten wrote:
I read this quote somewhere (I forget where *sheepish smile*) and I wrote it down because I thought it was an interesting look on life Smile
Quote:
According to Greek Mythology:
The first humans were created with 4 arms, legs and eyes, & 2 noses and mouthes. Afraid of their power, Zeus split them in half, leaving them to find the other half of themselves. These people are called our Soulmates...


Interesting....

I suppose it has to be experienced...
Greatking
a soul mate is the "ideal or one and only person" in someone's life. Our definition of soul mates is individuals who both want their marriage to be a great one. Their marriage relationship feels like a natural fit. Although they, like all married couples, need to put a priority on their marriage, it is not hard to do because they have a sense of being at ease and connected with one another.


If you believe in the idea of only one soul mate for each person, you may assume that a partnership of two soul mates should be able to handle challenging times easily. That may not always be the case.


Just because you are in tune to one another, each of you are willing to take responsibility for your role in contributing to the conflict, and are both committed to making the marriage a successful one your marriage can still fall apart if other essentials such as love, respect, and communication are missing.


If you start looking for perfection in your spouse, or think that everything in your relationship should immediately click, and that there won't be any problems, you are setting yourself up for a dose of heavy disillusionment. Another danger in believing in the concept of soul mates is taking your marriage relationship for granted.


There can be temptation to bail out of an unhappy marriage if you think your spouse isn't your soul mate. If you think that marriage to your soul mate will mean a life free from hard times and conflict, you are not facing reality.
flex4life13
Hello all, this is just a rant I believe is appropriate to this thread, thanks in advance to all who take the time to read this. I have recently lost what I believe was my soul mate, we were together for 4 years which to me were wonderful. It has now been 5 months since she left me and I sit here wondering what it is that I have lost. Every moment of every day I think of her and realize she was my soul. Throughout our relationship, we referred to each other as each others half. My confusion is with this, if such deep rooted feelings lay in both of us respectively then how in the world is it possible that we are now apart? I love her more and more each day and I cannot see myself finding another soul which I can call my other half, not in the cruel life. Perhaps the next. There is a concept known as twin souls as stated in the following article: http://www.kktanhp.com/twin_souls.htm. I believe there is only one twin soul and that I have lost her. I don't see what the point of looking for another soul is at this point. I apologize for the rant, any feedback is much appreciated.
-Len.
deanhills
This is painful and difficult. Worst part is when one asks questions like these, as I'm sure you are never going to get answers, they will just create more questions and drive you crazy. The little bit I've learned is that life is in the doing, more than in the thinking. When she has left you, she has left you and that is what counts. Better that you get really busy with doing things that you love to do as life does go on. And life is never fair. I personally don't believe there is only one soul mate for you. But it will only be one soul mate if you make it so. Nothing is good, nothing is bad, but thinking makes it so. You have to get out of your mind and get busy, as otherwise it's going to make you crazy in the head.
Smicha100
It is very difficult to say,I always believed that everyone has got soulmate.One soul was divided in two.Of course they are saying that there are more soul mates in your life that might be true but the one which we are looking for as in the movie is not coming.Maybe he got tired and got married to the wrong person or does not believe in any soul mates.
You might never meet him in this life ,but the good thing is that you will meet after life and then you can ask him where he has been as you were waiting for him and kick his butt Very Happy
jajarvin
To me, the history of many of the great ones are kindred spirits.
An example would be the following: Albert Schweitzer.
dharmin
I don't think there is a "single" soulmate for everyone....
It all depends on a persons perception of love/companionship...
Sometimes people feel they have found a soulmate for life, and then something goes wrong in the relationship.....
It can be either because of death of one of the partners, or finding a a better person and the relationship going sour (which is the case most times in a relationship)...

The only people who say they found a soulmate, according to me have never dated much (the case with childhood sweethearts who get married and get old together)..so they don't actually don't know what they are missing by not dating more people before getting married or settled!

On the other hand, the other people who say they found their soul mates are the ones who have dated a lot in their lives (and i mean a lot..)...they finally get disappointed in every relationship and find something missing or the other in each relationship. These kind of people finally settle for something less then they initially expected and call it as finding their soulmate...

Personally, i think its all about sacrifices in a relationship that couples are willing to make for each other that will help to find your perfect partner/soul mate!!!
loveandormoney
dracula wrote:
Is there such thing as a soul mate?
I have never had a girlfriend, nor am I in any hurry to get one. But what I am wondering, is there such thing as a soul mate? I have seen soo many people get in love, then break up. Or get married, then after a few years divorce. So if people keep doing that, how can they find their 'soul mate'? Or will they ever find a 'soulmate'?
What do you think? I am not making sence but if you can refrase this then you are welcom to.


Ye
everybody has a few of them.
As I remember from school, there are 11 or 12.

It is Your decision to live with them.

Merry Christmas.
shashwatblack
if you ask me, you can fall in love with the first girl you bump into. if she's fairly good looking, and doesn't have any weird habits, which would be about 70-80% the girls your age. the question is how long can it last.. most of the time not long, about 20% i'd say would reach a point where they would get married. again most are just desperate to settle down, and give up searching for "the soul mate". a few of them, who actually have found their true love do end up growing old together. but would you say they are soul mates? so what is soul mate? something like in movies and TV where they see one another across the street and fall in love at the first sight? well that never happens in real life. so why not consider a true love to be a soul mate? of course there could be others in the world who if you ever met, you'd fall for them hard. but you've never met them, you've only met your current partner, who you love deeply.
so i'd say yea, there is such a thing as soul mate, but not a perfect one like in movies..
loveandormoney
Quote:
if you ask me, you can fall in love with the first girl you bump into


Soul-mate has nothing to do with husband and wife.

Two friends also can be soul-mates.
Related topics
The downfall of american society
Art of writing love-letters
afterlife?
Intelligent Design in Schools?
Pop-punk, the worst thing to happen to music in loooong time
Support Danish
Reincarnation
Buddhism
Highway to Hell?
Do we have a soul?
What Religion are You?
Free Electricity - how do you make it?
B.O. admits there was no such thing as a shovel ready job
There is no such thing as "freedom"
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.