FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Question

Suteneko
I purchased a domain name, and I wanted to know if I could set it to this host? Do you know what I mean?

Also, I might need more banwidth/space. Can I always take off my domain from here, and set it to another host website?

And does this host let me use PHP, Perl, MySQL, FTP? I'm starting a Virtual Petsite (Not one of those nOObs all over the internet, I did commissions to pay the hosting) and I need all that kind of stuff. Does this support those?

Last question, do we get monthly bandwidth?

Thanks!
cheeta
Suteneko wrote:
I wanted to know if I could set it to this host?

yes u can... its called parking a domain... Smile

for more help on how to park a please pay a visit here http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-26717.html

Suteneko wrote:
Do you know what I mean?

only if u can make us understand... Very Happy

Suteneko wrote:
Also, I might need more banwidth/space. Can I always take off my domain from here, and set it to another host website?

yeah its possible... but it takes even upto 72 hours to change a host completely... depending on ur domain registerer...

but has some complication... if u have a website without any dataase, only php / html pages then its very easy... but with database application running, (thats BB forums, CMS...) then it becomes very complicated... many times that result in dataloss... Sad

Suteneko wrote:
And does this host let me use PHP, Perl, MySQL, FTP?

yup it does... for total plan details please check this page http://www.frihost.com/ ....

Suteneko wrote:
Last question, do we get monthly bandwidth?

yeah 10GB... reffer to this page... http://www.frihost.com/ ....

and last of all... this thread, i feel, belongs to this catagory.... Web Hosting Support

Very Happy
Suteneko
Thank you so much! I think this answered my questions. But if I have some members, and want to switch to a faster server is that possible without them having to re-register? Thanks again!
wlb
I think you can move to a new server,if your database is good.please copy your database to a safe
Suteneko
Please what to my database? Sorry. xD
cheeta
wlb wrote:
I think you can move to a new server,if your database is good.please copy your database to a safe

now there is a big problem...

as with any free hosting system... ur data base name is username_name here the name is what u can change but not the entire data base name... same with the data base user name.... so if u switch to any other hosting (free i suppose) and then when u try to restore the data base it will not get restore properly and will give error that u dont won the data base or its not ur database... because of the username missmatch... Sad

Suteneko wrote:
Please what to my database? Sorry. xD

i am sorry i dont undserstand this question question... Sad
Suteneko
Ohh...Hrm. That stinks. I guess I have to do somemore host shopping :/