FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

should we have a game/competition of somthing in this forum

what u think of this idea?
It rocks
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
It depends, dont know
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
it suks
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Jeff_vella_leone
it could be just a crasy idea
but i think if there was a game of some sort like who has the best site on grafics hosted on frihost etc(just an example)
a competition
and given a reward
displayed in the front page of frihost as a free advertisment as a reward
and the competition is done every month
i think that would encourage ppl to work more on their site to keep them more efficient and updated to get a free advertisment
well there are different types of rewards and it doesnt really matter what they are
what really matters is that the competition can make ppl more active on forum in more posts in the design forum to improve their sites etc
thanks for replies Smile
Hammy
Hey,

I think this is an 'ok' idea. It would be quite a tough project to run tho, and i think the FriHost staff already have their work cut out keeping this place in order and managing it.

I like the idea of a free advertisement somewhere, as this is what people need most.

But maybe you start up a competition in the 'Contests' forum. There ae many games in there alrdy.
You could get people to enter thier sites in for certain catagorys, and at the end of the months lets say, u'd duge them and the winner receieve 500 FRIH$ of something.
Im sure u have nothing better to do with your FRIH$ there.

Hammy.
Jeff_vella_leone
Hammy wrote:
Hey,

I think this is an 'ok' idea. It would be quite a tough project to run tho, and i think the FriHost staff already have their work cut out keeping this place in order and managing it.

I like the idea of a free advertisement somewhere, as this is what people need most.

But maybe you start up a competition in the 'Contests' forum. There ae many games in there alrdy.
You could get people to enter thier sites in for certain catagorys, and at the end of the months lets say, u'd duge them and the winner receieve 500 FRIH$ of something.

Hammy.

Well in the contest section there are competitions that ppl think about
this is something different, this is something official
like the top 11 sites displayed in the directory
something that ppl looking for cool sites allways search first
something that will help advertisment and make more ppl interested to compete
an other good idea that could be intoroduce for sites that are online for more then a certain number of months.
The intoduction of user rating of sites from a frihost page where ppl can see the rating given by other ppl and rating given by certain profesional site makes and compair.
Like rating done on gamespot for games but instead is for sites hosted by frihost
In this way everyone will try to get his site rating higher even if he k nows he doesnt stand a chance against the best sites but at least he is happy that ppl saw his site even if just for rating it.
well i kn w it a lot of hard work and that its not practical for now but things can go slowly with time, for now i would be happy if there was just a winning reward for the best site hosted by frihost Smile
ocalhoun
Ah, but how do you decide who's site is the best out of thousands of entries?
alkady
You can organize competitions in the Contest Forums, But for games, I guess you have to organize your own. I think Bondings already said no to games.
Jeff_vella_leone
ocalhoun wrote:

its simple ppl post their site links which they want to comete with then
some chosen site makers here at frihost are chosen by any way the contest maker pleases
and everyone of these site maker can cast 2 votes and oviosly he cant cast votes to his own site
that would b e a good method to choose the best site
an other could be to make a big poll with sites for everyone to choose
an other could be to devide the contest in section like
the best grafic design site
the best user friendly site
the best fastest site
etc
ppl that compete their site can compete strait to a section he wants so the thousands of sites are allready divided in sections which will make things easyer.
Then use polls to get their rankings

alkady????? who said games did i mention games?
its just a compettition and a good way to advertise ur site, nothing more
and at the same time giving frihosters to see some good sites and can get ideas in looking at the best voted sites of the month
I think its a good idea.
The first thing i look when i wanted to make my site, was some good example sites which was hard to find here at frihost, untill the directory was made but still its not a very good site advertisment nighter :S.
-Anonymous-
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
Hammy wrote:
Hey,

Hammy.

Well in the contest section there are competitions that ppl think about
this is something different, this is something official
like the top 11 sites displayed in the directory
something that ppl looking for cool sites allways search first
something that will help advertisment and make more ppl interested to compete
an other good idea that could be intoroduce for sites that are online for more then a certain number of months.
The intoduction of user rating of sites from a frihost page where ppl can see the rating given by other ppl and rating given by certain profesional site makes and compair.
Like rating done on gamespot for games but instead is for sites hosted by frihost
In this way everyone will try to get his site rating higher even if he k nows he doesnt stand a chance against the best sites but at least he is happy that ppl saw his site even if just for rating it.
well i kn w it a lot of hard work and that its not practical for now but things can go slowly with time, for now i would be happy if there was just a winning reward for the best site hosted by frihost Smile

Okay okay I think we should be leaving that to the experts? No...well, I see the point, but is this is a site of competition? If users want an exciting full of void site, they should choose that. This site has it's view and it's not exciting, but compatible and very well fixed. But I do see your point, if someone is to post something extremely controversial or something to get our brains working, they should be rewarded. I do see, and I think the FriHost should put that somewhere into consideration, or perhaps decline.
Rolling Eyes A lot of relevance in this post? Rolling Eyes
Definitely!
Very Happy
-Anonymous-
ocalhoun wrote:

Actually, I very much agree.
Over thousands and thousands of valued members, how could one make the decision of only one winner or rewarded user? I find that frizzling, but...
It could happen?
Confused
deanhills
Is it a coincidence that you dug up a 2006 suggestion? It's cool, as it's nice to see old and familiar characters again but perhaps you need to update yourself with Bondings' Official Blog on latest developments. You've joined during an exciting time as Bondings is about to start a new Gaming Section and he has also implemented competitions and a new coin system with which we can win free domains.