FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to keep 2 mysql servers in sync

ammonkc
I'm trying to find a solution for keeping 2 mysql servers in sync. they are both running on redhat. I want to set a 2 node cluster with hearbeat. I need both mysql dbs to be sync'd so that if the primary server goes down the backup and kickin (via hearbeat) and still have the up-to-date data. How can I keep my secondary mysql db identical to my primary. I know that Oracle has "snapshots". I'm not really sure how snapshots work, but I'm guessing I'm looking for something similar.
Thanks
hexkid
ammonkc wrote:
I'm trying to find a solution for keeping 2 mysql servers in sync. [...]

Maybe the replication chapter of the MySQL manual helps ... ?
Philip
Quote:
'm trying to find a solution for keeping 2 mysql servers in sync. they are both running on redhat. I want to set a 2 node cluster with hearbeat. I need both mysql dbs to be sync'd so that if the primary server goes down the backup and kickin (via hearbeat) and still have the up-to-date data.

I hear that if use replication there's still need a one or two minute for mysql sync also, so it;s still take a time.
ammonkc
Philip wrote:
I hear that if use replication there's still need a one or two minute for mysql sync also, so it;s still take a time.

The small delay is fine. Replication is what I was looking for. I knew that mysql had this feature, but I just didn't know what it was called or how to set it up.
Philip
hexkid wrote:
ammonkc wrote:
I'm trying to find a solution for keeping 2 mysql servers in sync. [...]

Maybe the replication chapter of the MySQL manual helps ... ?

did u already try to read the manual yet ?
toasterintheoven
http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_database_replication

Trying to get a master working with a slave with the link above, just wasted a good amount of time using the "LOAD DATA FROM MASTER" method, which I just found out is deprecated... oh well, and this subject's old as 2005, oh well to that too...

Let you know if I get it working with mysqldump