FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

from scratch

drumminwithpens
hey guys i have taken templates and created my own out of them i kinda dont understand how to make one from scratch. if anyone knows a good and popular program to do this, please post back to me thx Smile
Sappho
You should really specify what templates are you talking about, you know it can be Photoshop design template, CSS template, layout template, Flash template... Wink
snowboardalliance
Everyone is different, but this is my advice.

First plan out the design.
Next you can start to lay it out using html/css and just like different colors to symbolize graphics (if you're using graphics)
Then make up the graphics and cut them if needed (like to make them stretchable). This should generally be done so that your layout can stretch at certain points, but areas that are like borders don't get messed up.

I recommend using a graphics program you like, if you don't use one, I recommend the GIMP.

And for html/css, just get something like notepad++
engeland
Most people will go for graphics first. Unless you're a master of codes like some people here in the forum (respected). So i suggest you use photoshop IF you do know how to use it. And then transfer all your graphics to a program like Dreamweaver (WYSIWYG). Life is made easy with these programs around

Last but not least, if you're new to all these, i suggest you learn from the internet. Visit tutorials, check out other people's websites ... piece by piece and you'll be able to get the whole idea. Wink
fionab
I am using Photoshop and am getting into designing web graphics, I used it for photo edititng before. I then intend to transfer to Dreamweaver. I have searched the web for a good intro into Dreamwaeaver but cannot find one, has anyone else got a link to a good one?
engeland
fionab wrote:
I have searched the web for a good intro into Dreamwaeaver but cannot find one, has anyone else got a link to a good one?

what you mean is a tutorial into using the program right? well if so, i suggest you visit pixel2life.org . It's the most comprehensive one ive been to so far. Wink
iflash
Someone, sometime ago told me: You can lear by yurself "this" in 10 hours, and someone can teach you in 1 hour the same.

Have you search tutors here?
Bengt
you need to experiment of course, and you just need someone who knows the tricks a bit, who can answer some of your questions (not all of them of course, then you wouldnt be learning it yourself Very Happy)
fionab
iflash wrote:
Someone, sometime ago told me: You can lear by yurself "this" in 10 hours, and someone can teach you in 1 hour the same.

Have you search tutors here?

Nope so here goes are are there any tutours out there?
sceptileex
dreamweaver as a WYSIWYG program is more of a try it to learn it, most of its uses are pretty direct, more of a shortcut program letting you code more easily, at least as i see it. IMO using photoshop to create the design template then editin it with notepad is the easiest way to do it. Besides: Photoshop + dreamweaver = ultra ex :X
fionab
Well I have just sat down with the getting started manual and done the turorials and I now see the light. There is no stopping me now!