FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door (NGC)

Trent DeWhite
I picked up a pre-owned copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door at EB Games this evening for $25 (Canadian). Having waited nearly two years for this title, I'm definitely glad to have the game in my collecton of various XBOX and Nintendo Gamecube games. Any thoughts or reviews on the game? Who here has played through it?
GProject
I've never played that game, but I'd really like to - the main reason I've never bought it is because it's always SO expensive! Even second hand here in the UK it can be 25-30 (that's like $50-$60). It always goes for quite a bit on eBay to (over 20, which is a lot for a Gamecube game).

I'm not sure why this constant high-price effect seems to occur with some games, but not with others. I remember 'Conker's Bad Fur Day' on the N64 suffering from the same thing - and it's still really expensive to buy considering it's 5 years old.
QrafTee
No offense to Nintendo for trying to come up with sequels to the famous Super Mario RPG, but they have all been lacking. Both Paper Mario (N64 and GCN) games was nothing compared to it and even the Mario and Luigi games (GBA and NDS) aren't even close either. I can only hope Nintendo and Square Enix mend their relationship enough so a true Super Mario RPG can be born. BTW, as stated earlier the acronym for the Nintendo Gamecube is actually GCN and not NGC.
Trent DeWhite wrote:
I picked up a pre-owned copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door at EB Games this evening for $25 (Canadian). Having waited nearly two years for this title, I'm definitely glad to have the game in my collecton of various XBOX and Nintendo Gamecube games. Any thoughts or reviews on the game? Who here has played through it?
Monkeydog
I unno, SMRPG was good and all...but this Paper Mario is awesome, probably the best RPG for the Cube, too.
Trent DeWhite
GProject wrote:
I've never played that game, but I'd really like to - the main reason I've never bought it is because it's always SO expensive! Even second hand here in the UK it can be 25-30 (that's like $50-$60). It always goes for quite a bit on eBay to (over 20, which is a lot for a Gamecube game).

I don't know what the price was like in the US, but in Canada the price remained around $50+ for the first twelve months it was out. Last summer, the price dropped to around $40+, but that was still too expensive for my taste. An unopened copy of the game now retails for $30. Most Mario games don't drop in price that quickly. Sad

QrafTee wrote:
BTW, as stated earlier the acronym for the Nintendo Gamecube is actually GCN and not NGC.

Thanks for the clarification. I know the official abbreviation is GCN, but everyone refers to it as the NGC anyway. Wink
Dark_Jedi06
I loved SMRPG for the SNES and Paper Mario for the N64...Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door was that rare sequel that was better then both of them. I had to play through it 4 times just to make sure. Wink
Hanpusu-kun
I really want to have this game in my collection, but its so god damn expensive here in sweden >_<
Trent DeWhite
Can't you purchase it online? Amazon and Ebay come to mind...

I think I'm pretty much addicted to this game. My brother and I are both playing (on separate profiles), actually. I've only earned three crystal stars, and I'm already at 14+ hours. I'm trying to get 100% game completion (with full tattle, recipe, and badge logs), so that's probably slowing me down somewhat. Confused