FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


MS FlightSim X





schumway
anyone Beta on this?

sounds good in the marketing but not sure MS can pull it off or make it any better than century of flight?

nice to see the cars and people and etc and race mode sounds neat as well as more plane mods but other than the cars... cant you do all of this today anyway... not sure it is worth another $80-$100? Anyone see a price on it yet?
ives
not heard much about it . I thought it was being relased Q3 this year.
pokethamage
On Microsoft's site it said that flightsimulator x is going to be released on october 27th...so i'm patiently awaiting for that day...
linkman2004
I don't quite think it's getting released this year. Since it's using DirectX 10, which is Vista only, and we know that Vista isn't getting released 'til next year, I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing it this year. Stinks, too. Oh, well, not like I have a computer that can run Vista. Razz
soldeinvierno
Is there still someone playing FlightSim?????
Helios
Me Razz

FS 2004 ><

I'm a weird simulator player - I don't have a joystick hehe...

Can't wait for the new FS X Very Happy Very Happy
Moey
I enjoy FS 2004. I was thinking about purchasing FS X, but I wouldnt be able to run it well on my computer, I'd have to jackt he graphics settings down most likely which really takes away fromthe fun of it. And anyways, if it runs on vista like you said, then I wont be able to run it at all I guess.
pokethamage
linkman2004 wrote:
I don't quite think it's getting released this year. Since it's using DirectX 10, which is Vista only, and we know that Vista isn't getting released 'til next year, I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing it this year. Stinks, too. Oh, well, not like I have a computer that can run Vista. Razz


third question on this Faq by Microsoft will disprove that:

http://www.fsinsider.com/articles/flight_simulator_x_faq.htm

Anyways I just bought [Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight] last saturday...i'd rather have the graphics of that all the way to the max possible than to have flight simulator x and have to tune the graphics down to get it to smooth out...
schumway
Q: What’s new in “Microsoft Flight Simulator X”?

A: Many of the new features in “Flight Simulator X” are based on requests from our loyal community who have provided creative input into our decision process. Therefore, we are excited to bring our fans the most revolutionary addition to the “Flight Simulator” franchise yet. We take full advantage of Windows Vista and the latest Windows gaming hardware to create a beautifully rich and immersive 3D world for aviation fans, young and old, to explore and experience. The new enhancements extend beyond the look and feel of the planet—the advances in graphics will benefit the aircraft as well, and fans will be amazed at the new level of detail in the models and the realistic effects like sun glint off the glass and chrome, reflective paint, and even shaded rivets on the fuselage. For the more gameplay-minded, we are adding a new mission-based element to give fans a more objective driven experience with a sense of progression and skill development. We are also improving the multiplayer technology to allow the community to connect in new ways. This is just the beginning and, in the coming months, we look forward to sharing more information about “Flight Simulator X” as we lead up to launch at the end of the year.

and DVD format only... guess that is better than looking after 4-6 CDs LOL it is getting as bad as the floppies were.

Soon it will only be available on 250G hard drive SATA attached LOL
jackill
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/downloads.html

Anyone tested it? Worth to download? How`s the performance? System Requirements isn`t vey high indeed...
pokethamage
Meh...they changed it (the release date) to Oct 17...and OMG THE DELUXE EDITION'S SEVENTY BUCKS...WTF MICROSOFT YOU ARE A F***ER...
faker_phil
Here's an excerpt from "The Downfall", with Flight Sim X subtitles.
Funny as hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW3hbnR2EI
vaoger
schumway wrote:
Q: What’s new in “Microsoft Flight Simulator X”?

A: Many of the new features in “Flight Simulator X” are based on requests from our loyal community who have provided creative input into our decision process. Therefore, we are excited to bring our fans the most revolutionary addition to the “Flight Simulator” franchise yet. We take full advantage of Windows Vista and the latest Windows gaming hardware to create a beautifully rich and immersive 3D world for aviation fans, young and old, to explore and experience. The new enhancements extend beyond the look and feel of the planet—the advances in graphics will benefit the aircraft as well, and fans will be amazed at the new level of detail in the models and the realistic effects like sun glint off the glass and chrome, reflective paint, and even shaded rivets on the fuselage. For the more gameplay-minded, we are adding a new mission-based element to give fans a more objective driven experience with a sense of progression and skill development. We are also improving the multiplayer technology to allow the community to connect in new ways. This is just the beginning and, in the coming months, we look forward to sharing more information about “Flight Simulator X” as we lead up to launch at the end of the year.

and DVD format only... guess that is better than looking after 4-6 CDs LOL it is getting as bad as the floppies were.

Soon it will only be available on 250G hard drive SATA attached LOL


omg... DVD verison... i hated it!!
i love the game but not the DVD version.. coz i dont have a dvd rom!! buying one will cost more to get the game...
brandonberg
Just a few shots of Microsoft Flight Sim X.

They are meant to be shots showing the difference between directX 9 and 10 but they also show the potential of the new simulator..

View and drool...

Old School Graphics:


DirectX 9..


DirectX 10..


When compared to the DirectX 10 picture.. the water in the DX9 image has a very oily appearance..

Note that they 'claim' that this isnt what they have developed yet... but it is a projection of what developers think they can acheive with DX10..
philpriest83
How can anyone project that the graphics will look like that? If the technology is not there to do it yet, you cant just say yea we think itll look like this, they may as well have taken a photograph and gone, yea, would look good if it looked like that...
Played the demo of this as im sure evryone here has, amazing, i like the way theyve made it more of a "game" with its more strutured missions and flights. I keep doing the commercial jet landing one, it is realistic with the sounds an all that. Is it gonna be a global release date? Live in UK and it generally comes out a bit later here...
Last sim i played was train sim, they did ok with that, but it still felt like you were 7 again playing with models trains! I didnt like the flight sim 04 one ya see, i dont wanna fly crappy ols planes from years ago.
Phil.
pokethamage
philpriest83 wrote:
How can anyone project that the graphics will look like that? If the technology is not there to do it yet, you cant just say yea we think itll look like this, they may as well have taken a photograph and gone, yea, would look good if it looked like that...
Played the demo of this as im sure evryone here has, amazing, i like the way theyve made it more of a "game" with its more strutured missions and flights. I keep doing the commercial jet landing one, it is realistic with the sounds an all that. Is it gonna be a global release date? Live in UK and it generally comes out a bit later here...
Last sim i played was train sim, they did ok with that, but it still felt like you were 7 again playing with models trains! I didnt like the flight sim 04 one ya see, i dont wanna fly crappy ols planes from years ago.
Phil.

lol i agree to the projecting what undeveloped technology looks like part...but i disagree with the everyone played the demo part cuz I DIDNT...(OMFGWTFLMAOBBQ)...for the sole reason that they didnt have boeing or airbus in it...

AND

vaoger wrote:

omg... DVD verison... i hated it!!
i love the game but not the DVD version.. coz i dont have a dvd rom!! buying one will cost more to get the game...


that is INCORRECT...you can get a NEW DVD drive off amazon for as low as 20 bucks (16X DVD Int Ide Black by Lite On) but the standard version of flight sim x is $50...and the deluxe version is 70 bucks like i said before...so yeah...damm u microsoft
brandonberg
i agree with philpriest for the main reason that it hasnt happened yet. Anyone can say anything but unless they actually have something to show (other than some possibly dodgy screenshots) then we all have the right to be skeptical.

if they did actually manage to get it to this level though it would be great.. highly realistic.. but the only downside is cost.. chances are that a card that can do this will cost a fair bit.. but hopefully there is something that will perform close to these 'projections' otherwise there will be no incentive to upgrade hardware/software components in teh near future Very Happy
reddishblue
I tried the Demo version of this, i am a fan of flight games but I thought the planes would be nimble and quick but flying a jumbo jet is boring, if you like flight sims with respocive controls try IL2 Stumovic thats a great game Very Happy
pokethamage
IT'S COMING OUT ON TUESDAY! (yes...contrary to my conscience i'm getting it...and the deluxe version at that)
ChaosMike
*gets deluxe version*

yay! I love the game

I love some of the missions on FS:X. THey're really fun Cool
Howie
i played the demo, and the graphics are amazing, way better than 2004, i will get it when it comes out.
ChaosMike
It's out Wink

I love the mission where u land on a moving bus with your plane Very Happy
TheCyrus
I don't think my computer will handle FSX too well, so I'm putting off buying it until Vista and the new version of DirectX.

Plus, a lot of hardcore simmers aren't switching over to FSX because they've already bought so many addons for FS9 that it seems like a waste.

Has anyone tried it out? How's the compatability with FS9 stuff, specifially PMDG planes?
kansloos
DX10 is going to be great.
But I'll guess all this beauty has a big bill to :(

cuz... I'm not expecting a lot of my old and rusty Radeon 9600 XT
pokethamage
i h8 best buy cuz they didnt have it out on 10/17 cuz they suck and i went again on 10/19 and they still didnt have it...they recently stocked it so i'm getting it tomorrow...also, these game reviewers say the FPS sucks like h3ll...anyone confirm that? and i think i'll have to save up for windows vista so i can get dx10 for this...they say it'll run faster on dx 10
schumway
wow nice direct X comparisons... thanks!
danny999911
Talking about Vista, I think that the only thing that will be different is the graphics and these will just slow up your computor.
pokethamage
ms flight sim doesnt lag that much actually...and i only have a 3.2 ghz processor, 256mb radeon 1300x pro, and 1 gb ram...that's a crappy gaming system
sunpascal
FlightSimulator rocks!
soldeinvierno wrote:
Is there still someone playing FlightSim?????
sunpascal
danny999911 wrote:
Talking about Vista, I think that the only thing that will be different is the graphics and these will just slow up your computor.


right, I think vista will just eat of more resources, rather than make your computer safer and more efficient.
What the world needs is a more simplistic OS that runs well on older hardware.
sunpascal
Howie wrote:
i played the demo, and the graphics are amazing, way better than 2004, i will get it when it comes out.

actually, I think the difference isn't that big, besides the graphics. But my computer doesn't render them properly anyways. I'd need the newest machine for that....
And then there is a few more planes. But if you need planes you can get them for free at simviation.com.
Ok, the missions are a little bit better, but that's pretty much it.
I think fs x isn't that great.... (compared to earlier versions)
X-Plane is pretty nice as a change from ms fs.
arkebuzer
looks quite nice,

costs like 50$ in sweden now.

sadly my computer is too slow though Sad, if it wasnt I would not hesitate to buy it though
pokethamage
anyone knows if linux run it well? (of course i'm talking about wine/cedega)
datter
arkebuzer wrote:
looks quite nice,

costs like 50$ in sweden now.

sadly my computer is too slow though Sad, if it wasnt I would not hesitate to buy it though


Apparently it needs a real monster to run anywhere even approaching well.
pokethamage
datter wrote:

Apparently it needs a real monster to run anywhere even approaching well.

well guess what? my pc runs it very well and it's only a 3.2 ghz processor, 256mb radeon 1300x pro, and 1 gb ram pc...so there
arkebuzer
pokethamage wrote:
datter wrote:

Apparently it needs a real monster to run anywhere even approaching well.

well guess what? my pc runs it very well and it's only a 3.2 ghz processor, 256mb radeon 1300x pro, and 1 gb ram pc...so there


what settings do you use?
If you can run it on high settings... then maybe I should consider buying a new graphics card... (since that´s pretty much the only difference between our computers)

Regards
Kerosan
Quite expensive and the demo ran really bad on my computer. Probably not going to get it. Confused
ChaosMike
So far I'm loving this game.

I finished most of the missions now. I just can't seem to get the damn glider missions done (i dunno where to find the thermals in the sky). I still have to master the Red Bull trials

I downloaded the sr-71...didnt' install it correctly so the panel is blank, but it sure as hell flies fast Very Happy
pokethamage
arkebuzer wrote:

well guess what? my pc runs it very well and it's only a 3.2 ghz processor, 256mb radeon 1300x pro, and 1 gb ram pc...so there


what settings do you use?
If you can run it on high settings... then maybe I should consider buying a new graphics card... (since that´s pretty much the only difference between our computers)

Regards[/quote]

well people said even on the low settings it lagged like hell so i put everything on low...but when i ran it it was smooth as breathing for someone without respiratory problems. i've yet to test it on high settings but even with everything on low the game didnt look too bad. it just makes it impossible to fly in virtual cockpit mode...because of the poor textures on low. but takeoffs and landings were pretty smooth.
Related topics
Do you read comics? What title?
IE 7 to take a cue from Firefox
Fantastico could be updated
Do this little to protect your MS Windows.
Coldplay
Symphony X
Looking for MS Outlook Alternatives
Formula 1
350 x 20 User Bar + Tutorial
Bluetooth
Installing, Partitioning & Formatting HDDs
What softwares are good for biulding a webpage?
Stare GRY ale jare!
Attachments with Mail app on MacOS X
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.