FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Polyamory

Hammy
lmao.. there's this documentary on tv on polyamery.
For those of you who dont know what it is, it's where like a person has numerous parteners in a relationship. There is this guy on the tv who has a wife and 2 girlfriends, and they are all kool wiv in and stuff. They have 2 children and they all sleep in the same bed .. n take turns to do u know what lol .. tis weird.
They also have a rule that the girls arent allowed to bring a member of the opposite sex into the family lol, so they can bring girls. It cld end up with like 1 guy and 15 girls. wooot lol.

I could do that myself. i'd be torn between them. I cant see it being wrong, and i dont have a problem with it, but it's just not how society see's a family.

It's like just a big bunch on jypo's just living together lol. Sorry if that offends anyone. It's just that there are camps for polgormy's where they meet up and all do.. well, i dont wanna know really.. but most of them are stood around naked lol :/..

If you wondering where i'm getting this from lol .. it's on tv right now thats why.

what do you think? lol

Hammy.
Ellosha
Actually, polygamy is the practice of having multiple partners in a relationship. If I'm not mistaken polyamery is just the practice of one male having multiple females be they girlfriends or wives.

And as far as I'm concerned, I view it as I do such things as sexuality. If that's how you choose to live your life, more power to you, just so long as no one tries to force their views/beliefs on others.
Idoru
Personally I don't understand the joy of it. How can one keep up with so many
different wills? How does one feel after having let down another?

Ah, mabye it's just as simple as that it's nothing for me, but I sure have to say
that it doesn't seem mentally healthy. I'd like to know how many people that lives
in those kind of relationships that feel that they are somewhat fullfilled and pleased
with themselves?
area547
I havea housemate thats dating 3 chicks at the same time. I think they found out about each other a couple of months back, and 2 were cool with it, but the other one wasn't.
So everytime one of them comes over we call her by the other's name or confuse their schools. i.e. "oh hey rose, how's USC?"
Its pretty funny, but more power to him if he manages to keep with the demands of 2 chicks.
God knows that the b#tching one girl can do is more than enough for me.
haak_heu
area547 wrote:
I havea housemate thats dating 3 chicks at the same time. I think they found out about each other a couple of months back, and 2 were cool with it, but the other one wasn't.
So everytime one of them comes over we call her by the other's name or confuse their schools. i.e. "oh hey rose, how's USC?"
Its pretty funny, but more power to him if he manages to keep with the demands of 2 chicks.
God knows that the b#tching one girl can do is more than enough for me.

well polygamy can be of two types one is for male and other is for female

one is polyandry and i dont remeber at the movement other one

1 man having alot of girl friends or wifes
1 women having alot of boy friends or husbands

this is what at one time ...

wrong or right but it is practeced in different parts of world

in india in some area a woman can have multiple husbands anciently at the movement i dont know

in muslim countries a man can have multiple wifes but ..not more than 4 wifes

but but .. the thing hwich is in europen and american and other countries which cry for this have even more bad cituation ...

they have girl firends and boy friends ..at same time or even they do group sex ....

divorce is very high and so this can also be included in multiple partners ...

wrong or write you decide ...

but people who practice and say wrong is wrongs 's wrong ....
Kaisonic
Suddenly Breaking Benjamin's song "Polyamorous" makes a lot more sense than it did before...

And on the actual subject, I don't really have a problem with it. If they're all cool with it, then let 'em be cool with. As for me doing it, probably not, cause if I'm attached to more than one girl, then I'd make myself choose. I wouldn't want them both. Or would I...giggity giggity giggity goo.
Vrythramax
Sounds a bit like the Mormon Religion to me. Personally I believe in, and practice monogomy. Maybe I am just strange, but I believe you can only completely love one partner at a time. That does not mean the one partner you care to have with you at the moment, but for a true mate.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe once you take that vow, your with your one mate....till death due you part. Granted, I am a male and I do look at other women, but I have always believed that just because you are on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. As long as you don't order from the menu.

The only thing that seperates us (humans) from animals is the abilitiy to control our sexual urges, use table utensiles, and cook our own food.
alkady
haak_heu wrote:

in muslim countries a man can have multiple wifes but ..not more than 4 wifes

Funny you mention that, I always hear that devout male muslims end up wilth 72 Virgins when they die.

Anyways, The funny thing about polygamy is that it's more financially stable (Well depending on the persons taste for materialism)

A Man with Four Wives for example which all work for minimum wage ($7 in Canada) means in 40 Hrs. of work per week. The annual income would be $72,800.00 Per Annum.

and it takes only $35,000.00 on average to raise a family of 4. Thats means they not only have enough left to save for their retirement. (17.5% of Annual income can be contributed to the RRSP)

they would also be able to do crazier things in life people without money wouldnt.

...and since they would share a apartment ect. (If they all are okay with this) They would save $24,000/Yr on Rent if they each where to pay $500 monthly.