FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do you like music or songs?

DEViANCE
i like music more, because i can actually heare the music without someone talking while im listening to it....
what do you think guys?
XLax
Depends what I'm hearing of course. I prefer authentic non-digital or studioed up music, so when I'm listening to rap music I listen for the lyrics. Some of them are pretty damn good. Although that's why I hate most pop music of today, the lyrics are frikkin pointless and retarded. When I'm listening to music I'm listening for instrumental skill or originality or cool melodies and such.
If I had to chose between songs and music I'd chose songs though, the voice is often a necessary instrument in the music itself. If it was just music... it wouldn't be so cool.
Magicman
I listen to both. The music of a song needs to be complemented with good lyrics to give the song a personality which would make me like it. The lyrics (being a song) give it meaning but being a beginer guitarist, I like to listen for musical skill as well.
Tac-Tics
DEViANCE wrote:

The last time I checked, songs were music too.

Both vocal and instrumental music have their points. I tend to go for instrumental more than vocal, but that is purely a side-effect of popular music.
soldeinvierno
I like both music and songs but I'm not usually interested so much in the lyrics. For me, the singer's voice is just another musical instrument.
loveit
I like both music and songs, but prefer to the songs, even if i did not understand some lyrics, because music have no boundaries.
Voffen
I like the both. But i can't listen to songs without music. But music without songs is ok. =)

A perfekt song is 50% with lyric and 50% instrumental.
achene
haha, what kind of question is this? In my eyes music can be good without vocals, but most singers arent able to create a good song without good instrumentation/music. I think its very individual because theres always the classic sing-along songs, "monk-songs" (haha), etc. and some prefer those. personally i still prefer songs with instruments. Theres nothing as a catchy riff and a good guitar solo Very Happy
Blaster
Songs. I can't stand a song without words at all. Its bouring that way. But like free bird i like that song. Even thought it is mostly insterments it is really good. It tells something.
DonRon
what ???
Bernard
Very good question, I definitely listen only the music this includes the voices but not the words. If I listen words I lost most of pleasure of the music. Additionaly words rarely hit me that much, plus I listen a lot of english stuff I hardly understand.

If words come on the top for me that a very bad sign for the music quality, in general it means the music is boring.
Bernard
achene wrote:
haha, what kind of question is this? In my eyes music can be good without vocals, but most singers arent able to create a good song without good instrumentation/music. I think its very individual because theres always the classic sing-along songs, "monk-songs" (haha), etc. and some prefer those. personally i still prefer songs with instruments. Theres nothing as a catchy riff and a good guitar solo Very Happy

Human voice bring a lot to any music, let say something human that hardly bring any instrument. On reverse that's quite hard to make a music only with voices. Both of them is the best for me but again it's vocies, not words.
Ratman2050
Music is for peaceful times, Songs are for fun!
standready
As a keyboard player and a song writer, I like both, depends on my mood. Lyrics can mean one thing to the wrier and another to listener. Think about the song "Puff the Magic Dragon".
jasmine
I like both. It depends on the mood really. Smile
victoryutong
i do not want to be!
kikass
jasmine wrote:
I like both. It depends on the mood really. Smile

same here....
Hammy
I like songs. Thought they have to have a good singing voice, and hear them clearly. Else i cant listen to it. It just irritates me lol.
qazwsx1
yes, i like music very much. Infact i listen music when iam going to college, taking bath, studying, I just love music. Music is in my blood. i love music of espacillay of backstreet boys and britney spears.
tehk
I don't really understand the question, by music do you mean the instrumentals and by song do you mean the lyrics? Or by music do you mean the genre and song you mean the individual songs within that genre?

lol

Anyway, the genres I favour range from classical to metal. I listen to a balanced mixture of instrumentals as well as lyrical songs. Most of not all of the music of which I listen to have a melodic element to them because that's what I'm interested in. I also like progressive music because they're very similar to the song structures of classical songs as well as the duration of most of them.
babyboyz
I like both really depending on the genre. For classical music I can listen to it without any words but if its Andrea Bocelli I can make the exception. I like some hip hop, rnb without any words and lets be honest most of the lyrics are pure garbage.
tehk
Quote:
lets be honest most of the lyrics are pure garbage.

Agreed. Sadly, that garbage is being fed to the minds of many of the young people today.

Note: I did not say ALL, I said most. Smile
molif
I listen to both...

depends on the mood.. sometimes, depends on the mood itself, u prefer to listen music or songs...