FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think IE 7 (not the beta) will be better then firefox

DEViANCE
Do you think IE 7 (not the beta) will be better then firefox?
i think it wont, firefox is really awsome, its fast, easy to use, im personaly used to it and its easy to download extentions.
what do you think? and why?
{name here}
Firefox and fast shouldn't be in the same sentance. Compared to any other browser's loding times, firefox is slow. Firefox's only three advantages to IE are its extensions, web standards, and its open source engine. I believe IE will do better than firefox initially, but in the long run firefox will do better.
djclue917
{name here} wrote:
Firefox and fast shouldn't be in the same sentance. Compared to any other browser's loding times, firefox is slow. Firefox's only three advantages to IE are its extensions, web standards, and its open source engine. I believe IE will do better than firefox initially, but in the long run firefox will do better.

Compared to Internet Explorer, Firefox would be really slower.
But why???
Simply because Internet Explorer is a software which came from the same company which makes Windows. The thing is that most of the things (libraries, or DLLs in Windows) that Internet Exlorer would have loaded the first time it starts-up would have already been loaded when Windows started up.

In simple terms, Internet Explorer uses the "things" which are Windows while Firefox does not. "Why wouldn't Firefox use Windows' components, etc.?" Well, Firefox is open source and Windows is closed source. Well that's it.

By the way, if you're curious about the different startup times of Firefox, you might wanna try installing Arch Linux (with GNOME) and installing Firefox. Try to see speed difference.
hellrahul
I think FireBox will still be the best.

I have tried the IE 7 beta version and i hated it. I think even IE 6 is better than IE 7.

But, FireBox is great.
desertwind
Still Fx will remain better. For the simple reason that it's community driven.
anthonygerbils
Firefox of course but if its slow then opera is the best as its fast and easy and have more features then firefox but IE7 is going to be shit as its there first time with this type of browser (tabs etc.) and of course its IE come on .
saurabh.sauron
no way...GECKO engine is better than the IE engine. some reasons:-

IE doesnt have extensions
IE is closed source
IE is not skinnable
IE supports ActiveX
IE doesnt have extensions
psoft
While Microsoft has done much work on security & functionality of their IE browser ,incorporating tabbed browsing
Security Sandboxing IE from rest of OS
FireFox still remains a better choice
The sheer number of extensions avaible one can say nothing can compete open source
raver
psoft wrote:
While Microsoft has done much work on security & functionality of their IE browser ,incorporating tabbed browsing
Security Sandboxing IE from rest of OS
FireFox still remains a better choice
The sheer number of extensions avaible one can say nothing can compete open source

maybe it's just me, but all of this talk about extensions makes me sick. I mean common people, why do you have to spend hours and hours searching for functionality in those little addons, when you can have a full package including everything you need. Eh, i'm not gonna enter another opera vs ff forum battle (had enough in my days) but still, don't overestimate FF. It's still has it's problems, especially with loading pages time (by the way, opera kicks IE and FF as$ in page loading time).
Will IE 7 be better? Only time will tell, untill you can't test the final product to see if it's good or not, we are only making suppositions now, and spamming the forum. So let's talk in a few months and see what's it all about Smile
lukeropro
For some reason IE 6 lags my computer. imagine what would happen if I used IE 7 Very Happy
cheeta
FF is far better... but only if the website coders make their website 100% FF compatable... otherways Sad
asteriks
I think ie is better browser. Beceuse I dont believe that FF develops good browsers. It doesnt go further. No important changes in new versions of FF.
Ranfaroth
raver wrote:
Will IE 7 be better? Only time will tell, untill you can't test the final product to see if it's good or not, we are only making suppositions now, and spamming the forum.
No, you're wong
Latest beta of IE7 are feature complete : no more features will be added, the engine won't support more standards...
And all tests show that IE7 is many years behind modern browsers : the engine hasn't been improved , except on very small points (PNG, CSS selectors and XMLHTTPRequest)

{name here}
djclue917 wrote:
{name here} wrote:

But why???
Simply because Internet Explorer is a software which came from the same company which makes Windows. The thing is that most of the things (libraries, or DLLs in Windows) that Internet Exlorer would have loaded the first time it starts-up would have already been loaded when Windows started up.

In simple terms, Internet Explorer uses the "things" which are Windows while Firefox does not. "Why wouldn't Firefox use Windows' components, etc.?" Well, Firefox is open source and Windows is closed source. Well that's it.

By the way, if you're curious about the different startup times of Firefox, you might wanna try installing Arch Linux (with GNOME) and installing Firefox. Try to see speed difference.

Firefox has no excuse to load that slow when Opera loads faster than both without being loaded into memory.
angelussum
IE 7 looks like it's got some stuff like tabs that I really like from Firefox, but like it was said, firefox is more a community browser, and the extensions really add to it. I don't find that firefox is that slow..
zyee
djclue917 wrote:
{name here} wrote:

But why???

it only load faster, but not browse faster, i don'k know about ie7, since it not out of beta yet, but for current version, ie will defenatly browse slower, if not , why are people switching to firefox.
Rubbinio
cheeta wrote:
FF is far better... but only if the website coders make their website 100% FF compatable... otherways Sad

You mean if they use the W3C standard which everyone should, something that IE7 and Microsoft try to change as much as they can. FF is fully W3C compliant which can not be said about either Opera or IE7.