FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Auto resizable frame?

solmol
Ok, let me just say that i'm really a noob desingning. So, here's my problem: I made a topic about resolution issues earlier this week. I was thinking... cause I don't wanna start messing with tables; if there's a way of dividing the page in 3, two small frames at each side that could auto-resize themself according to the browser's width.

I'm using macromedia and I can't find an option like that. There's one that allows the frame to be resized; but with that enabled the user can resize it at will; and I want the frame to change size itself and don't let the user touch it.
GB
using div tags and CSS is the way to do that. I know in Adobe GoLive there is an option to throw that layout into a page. Otherwise, you can hand code it. I know you're new to designing websites, but A List Apart has a pretty good tutorial.
solmol
Thanks, It was useful; but he explains how to make one frame at each size with a fixed width and the centered liquid. I was looking for a centered fixed frame and both sizes resizable.
solmol
plis guys, I need a response >_<!
eruct
I don't know if there is an easy way to have a fixed width center and allow the two side columns to be re-sized based on the browsers width. Check out This site though ( Layout Gala ). He has made over 40 css layouts to choose from, there might be something there that you like, all are free. Simply download, unzip, open the .html file in Dreamweaver or whatever and edit away. Good luck.
eruct
Your thread got me curious. I know in my previous post that I said I coudn't find exactly what you were looking for but I was able to find this.

Web-Graphics

Hope that helps!