FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Blog featured by an Indian Daily

babumuchhala

(Click on the image for the full page view)

OH Hell yes guys my last blog Post Prince Rescued. What Big Deal!!! got featured in yesterdays (July 26, 2006) Mumbai Mirror (an english daily in Mumbai)

And the best part is that I didnt do anything more than just write that blog post. Very Happy

Well I feel on top of the world Very Happy
Bondings
That article should have been published on the front page, I guess.

Congratulations babumuchhala!
manumiglani
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Great work done!!!!!!!!
babumuchhala
Thank You Guys Very Happy

@Bondings
Thanks for the flattering mate Razz
alkady
Congrats, Best of luck from the Alkady.

Best of Luck
Blaster
thats cool. I wish i would get featured in the news. Anyhow that is awesome.
r_y_e_20
wow that sounds cool. how i wish mine will be posted too someday. hopefully in Daily Planet. haha. Congrats babumuchhala, that one will inspire you to post more blogs. Cheers!
raver
Congratulations. Now sue them for 1 milion $ for not requesting your permission or something Very Happy
meetul
babumuchhala wrote:

(Click on the image for the full page view)

OH Hell yes guys my last blog Post Prince Rescued. What Big Deal!!! got featured in yesterdays (July 26, 2006) Mumbai Mirror (an english daily in Mumbai)

And the best part is that I didnt do anything more than just write that blog post. Very Happy

Well I feel on top of the world Very Happy

good yaar!!!!!!!
did u know someone from the mumbai mirror? or they just serached and found ur blog????
babumuchhala
Well actually I had 20 linkins from Mumbai Mirror's website. So just was curious why I got them, so a lil searching on their site I found I was in the papers.

So just rushed to my Cousine's place to get the paper. Thats how I came to know about it.
Code of Ruin
Congratulations. Good things come to those who work for it!
CyanEyed
nice one man. congratulations Dancing

are going to get paid royalties. cuz if they use ur words from ur site, u can actually demand payment seeing as they didnt ask your permission, unless there is sum sort of law that allows them to do that.
babumuchhala
Actually asking for royaties for quating your blog is basically against the spirit of blogging.

Blogging is sharing and sharing. They showed my link and gave me free publicity (which wasnt much) and a lot of pride to me and everyone who knows me.

Plus my Creative Commons liscense say that, you are allowed to "Copy, Edit and Share it" but you have to give me the Credit and they have certainly done that Very Happy
Xavier
Thats really nice that ur article featured in such a prominant ews daily of Mumbai!
Btw, I agree with you... the media makes a big opportunity of earning money out of anythin!!
shwetanshu
congrats yr..
Liu
Awesomeness, your site must have a crazy lot of new visitors now.
linexpert
That's very cool!
How did this effect your site stats. I'm sure the clicks must have more than doubled. Very Happy

Congrats!
babumuchhala
Liu wrote:
Awesomeness, your site must have a crazy lot of new visitors now.
No not at all.

linexpert wrote:
That's very cool!
How did this effect your site stats. I'm sure the clicks must have more than doubled. Very Happy

Congrats!
Technically yes, it did double. It went up from 80 to 160. But nothing significant.
But the one difference I have felt was that most of them got me in their RSS feeds or Bookmarks. This is because the next blog post had some real good DIRECT visitors without any referals Very Happy

Now just If some TV news channel Invited me on their shows Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
jongoldsz
You are very lucky. How long did it take you to write that?
babumuchhala
Well actually it didnt take me more than 45 minutes. I was very unhappy with the way the media handled the whole thing, and out everything came.
Soulfire
Cheers! Dancing
tuncay
congratulations buddy.
raaeft1
Thank you for your excellent comments. As a senior journalist of a major indian newspaper and especially covering Haryana, I was personally upset at the tv coverage of the Prince episode. Such events and happenings occur frequently and deserve only a brief space. I was shocked when one of my colleagues, having almost 25 years experience like me but on the desk, questioned me for not going to the spot and covering the Prince episode. I told him quite frankly that it was more of a hype and gimmick generated by tv channels and would the newspaper organisation expect me to cover such minor incidents or events by going to the spot even if these occurred in the remotest corner of the State.

And one more interesting fall-out of the tv hype was the presence of the Chief Minister on the spot. A few days later some school children drowned when the bus met with an accident and fell into a canal and the Haryana Chief Minister again went to the spot to supervise rescue operations.In this case also, it was the tv channels who were giving top prominence to the story and a roaring sms trade was again fully active with people sending in countless SMS messages.
babumuchhala
I feel honoured that you replied raaeft1. I always knew there were good jurnalists, and pleased to find one like you.

The thing I had noticed was that it all started off with just a few channels and I think thats what caused the other medias to react (after all everones competing)

After the 1st day most newspaper had a small article, but the second dat was worst when all TV channels went crazy causing everyone to go ballistic with it.
jobzunlimited
i dont know what are the search criteria for mumbia mirror. I think they randomly search for blogs with the articles they want.
i am a frequent ( not regular) reader of mumbai mirror and i paticularly check out the techno site page and blogs space. i think i havent seen any blog reapeated in their blogospe\here.
Its the current topics they deal with. I think they are doing the good job by encouraging bloggers to write on Current topics.
regarding your blog:
I too was very upset over the Money Making Technique by media. Yes the Boy deserved the Prayers, after all he was a 5 year old kid stuck up in 60 Feet Dug for more than 50 hrs. but the extra hype by asking viewers to comment on this news by way of smses is too much.
I see that All the news channels nnow are following same trend be it zee news, star news, aaj tak, India tv or Cnn Live.
After all they are not concerned with the feelings of people they are concerned about the Money They Earn throught the smses.