FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Googolians, the google fan site

Gavilan
Are you a fan of google? check out the new Google Fan Site ! Google downloads, reviews, releases, rumors and chat

http://googolians.net
LostOverThere
Nice Mods!
Though I dont like the skin.

This is good, the mods really makes something like this better then all the rest. Myabe someone at Google Might find this and join Wink

Well done and Good Work.
eruct
Nice. I would change the font color of the 'Forum', 'posts / topics', etc. as that orange on the blue is nearly impossible to read. Also, try and move the user login boxes down just a bit. Other than that, looks pretty nice.
budazz
hehe nice forumm..interesting
mistuh griddlez
Great concept. Cool design. I think your site is pretty neat! Also I love what the links do when you hover over them! How'd you do that?
Gavilan
Its all pure HTML, thanks for the feedback guys ! although I dont think google would like the Logo huh?
Hobbit
I don't think they will care because it's a FAN site, if it was a hate site then they would do something about it.
darrenpaul
its a nice site and a really good concept, but I'd say Google would have a problem with it

To quote Google..

Quote:
All of Google's trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, or other distinctive features ("Google Brand Features") are protected by applicable trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. If you would like to use any of Google Brand Features on your website, in an advertisement, in an article or book, or reproduce them anywhere else, you must first receive Google's permission.

Are you planning to get permission from them?

Darren
Josso
I like this, glad to find some other Google addicts out there I'll sign up tommorow. Second bookmark tonight, doing well for the links guys keep it up Laughing
plato
Nice work at all.
But you just have replaced the logo of phpBB by your own logo "googolians'.
Another question; Is your website useful at all?
webbgbg.se
it's always good to exchange exepriences about google. I joined and will get back soon.
Gavilan
Hey guys thanks for all the input, I changed the skin! so you guys might want to chekc it out Smile
{name here}
Your site's looks more like google-watch, a site against google. I suggest changing the skin and/or integrating the logo better into the design.
Technaut
haha Laughing . this is a funny concept. very original! i like it. and, of course, all good sites have a FM forum. Wink
darrenpaul
Gavilan wrote:
Hey guys thanks for all the input, I changed the skin! so you guys might want to chekc it out Smile

You didn't answer my question?
Technaut
darrenpaul wrote:
its a nice site and a really good concept, but I'd say Google would have a problem with it

To quote Google..

Quote:
All of Google's trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, or other distinctive features ("Google Brand Features") are protected by applicable trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. If you would like to use any of Google Brand Features on your website, in an advertisement, in an article or book, or reproduce them anywhere else, you must first receive Google's permission.

Darren

i don't think they would be able to say much, this logo is differant than theirs. what are they going to do, sue Gavilan because his logo looks almost the same as the Google logo?
einstein
its a very nice site, man...
aliacademy
i like that site it is like yahooglians or whatever its called good work keep it up
darrenpaul
Technaut wrote:
darrenpaul wrote:

To quote Google..

Quote:

Darren

i don't think they would be able to say much, this logo is differant than theirs. what are they going to do, sue Gavilan because his logo looks almost the same as the Google logo?

They have done in the past, the key word is "All of Google's trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, or other distinctive features."...I know MacDonalds, tried to sue a fast-food outlet called "Supermacs"...even though the logo was different...all because of the inclusion of "Mac."
Gavilan
Little Update Smile

This board has had 5369 visitors in total since Wed 26 Jul, 04:44
Total posts 803 | Total topics 308 | Total members 109

and im working on the Google Permission thing Smile
ninjakannon
I love the MODs on the forum, but some of the layout isn't so good; for example, the log in thinggy in the top right of every page looks messy and seems to be randomly floating. There's also loads of space at the bottom of the pages and I don't like the 'View my stats' link, it's in the wrong font and uses up too much room and increaces the space at the bottom of the page. The Googolians logo looks terrible when viewed in the UBSlate style because you can see loads of white outlines.

Apart from that it's great.
Gavilan
Just a little update

This board has had 8227 visitors in total since Wed 26 Jul, 04:44
Total posts 899 | Total topics 338 | Total members 117

and I am working on getting the logo to look good on all skins, thanks for the tip Smile

www.googolians.net
Slammer
Not bad, but i do hate phpbb sites.
ninjakannon
Slammer wrote:
Not bad, but i do hate phpbb sites.

Ummm... you've posted 225 times on this one, you can't hate them that much... Razz
rick2000sept
hahahahahha, nice logo, I like it. Your site is cool, nice job with the forums. Forums are hard to obtain members because they take a lot of work setting up and stuff. I used to be an administrator to fairly successful forums and we had to deal with a lot of crap, so I commemorate you for owning googolians.
Gavilan
Update:

This board has had 31751 visitors in total since Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:44 am
Total posts 972 | Total topics 351 | Total members 146

and thanks for the feedback and nice comments Smile