FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you download or buy games?

DEViANCE
im downloading XD
i dont want to buy games but i sometimes buy some...
and you guys???
amusic
downloading a game takes a lot of time because most games are large files size. Usually I will buy games.
TonkPilz
i do a bit of both depending on the game
Diebels
DEViANCE wrote:
im downloading XD
and you guys???

Usually i download a game and test it. If i like it i buy it
mistuh griddlez
I usually download a free trial and then if i like it i might buy it. But usually I don't buy or download games because i already found the best game in the world........MINESWEEPER! Very Happy
Y-D_1987
Depends on what it is for with me, for my PC games i mainly download them if there is a certain game that im after.

But other than that i buy my PS2 games insted of getting a bootleg version.
bugra9
I usually download a game. I don't buy games but I will buy Pro Evolution Soccer 5.
Tatsumaru
I only play PS2 games, and I buy those. When you buy games you tend to spend more time playing them. I used to download pc games and if I didn't like it at first, I would probably just throw it away, heh... but I don't do that anymore.
Hojo
If i like a game i buy it. to see if i like it i test play it at a friends house or something or sometimes download it. the reason why you should buy games you like is that the game producers wont be able to make new good games if nobody buys them. that may be because they dont have the money to make a new game or they think the people didnt like it since it didnt get sold too much, so its really of everyones interest to buy the games they like to have more good games to play in the future.
Loghete
Depends.
Sometimes it's tricky to get a downloaded copy to work, often online games, so then I buy it.
If it's an EA game I never buy it. But I use to buy games I like much, like Call of Duty 2.

Quote:
downloading a game takes a lot of time because most games are large files size. Usually I will buy games.

Often it takes more time for me to go the the closest shop where they sell games. Guess why? Closest gameshop is 20 km away Razz
markietos
download trial of the game then buy it....
Alienz
I mostly buy games that need original cd-keys to be able to play online. Also I don't download so much as the size is big and waste of time.
4ndY
a original game in croatia is 100 euro, 512mb traffic is 5 euro, do the math Wink
eliasr
yea downlaoding take long time, in the first i did download cs and that with steam down, then i did actually buy it, because of the legit server blah blah blah, but then i got hacked, and well because im buying a new graphic card im not going to use my money on the games, right now, crackedsteam, useing CSN to find the servers

i did also send 15 gb and downloaded 7 on 3 days, where the games should be used for a lan party, unfortenly ,the connection between the proff and hom e version did ****** up , so....

got legit xp,
QrafTee
I can tell you download games just by your name. Are you the real DEViANCE or just a fan? I happen to know what DEViANCE is known for and posting any of his content will probably get you suspended/banned, beware.
DEViANCE wrote:
im downloading XD
and you guys???
Loghete
Quote:
I can tell you download games just by your name. Are you the real DEViANCE or just a fan? I happen to know what DEViANCE is known for and posting any of his content will probably get you suspended/banned, beware.

I'm pretty sure he isn't DEViANCE.
allanxiao
I usually check the price first then decide whether I will download or not.
PMonkey
Downloading games is illegal and time consuming. I'll download a game to try it out. If I play it enough then I will buy it. I mainly buy games. We should try to buy games more than downloading them to support the people who made them... it's not cheep building games!

Also, if you have the disk then you wont need to spend the next week downloading if you lose the files/game/install files.

P.S
DEViANCE
If you are the guy that I spend most my time downloading files from (Bit Torrent etc.) keep up the good supply Wink
rajhank
Usually, I buy Games, Though I won't tell u whether I buy

Original or Pirated. Wink
Bosleee
i download basically coz i hardly play games so for me to spend say £30 (rough estimate) on a game that ill only play afew times is a waste really.

last game i did actually buy original was battlefield 2 so i could play it online .... and i only played it about 5 times and not played it since ... what a waste of money that was
Ratman2050
I always download the game.
Then I try it out. If I like it I keep it.
If I like it alot and it has Online play I will buy it.
If it doesnt have online play then there is no reason of buying it.
sceptileex
Download first. I havent met a game in a long time that has convinced me to buy the whole thing ( of course, when for some reason it screws up or whatever.
linkman2004
I always download the trial first, if I like what I see, I'll either put it on my birthday or Christmas list or just buy it. Call of Duty is one of those games. Haven't bought it or gotten it yet, though.
Tulkamir
I buy whenever possible. I'm currently in school for Game Design and Art, so to be pirating them would be to take business away from myself.

Not to mention that I just find it morally irresponsible. If you have the money, buy it. Show some respect to the people who worked so hard to make the game.
chrismen
I used to download all the games but the only game I have played so far this year has been a game I bought: guild wars
yairbd
Usually I download games, but if I really enjoy one I will buy it...
rip8fan1
I always buy the games that I play - but I don't buy them when they first come out. I always wait until the price goes down, and many times I buy them AFTER the first or second expansion pack has come out, and they release the 'Gold' version, or something similar.
Helios
Games are coming to me.
I review some.
hades9366
Helios wrote:
Games are coming to me.
I review some.

that sounds like a good setup.
linexpert
I'll download the game just to check out a couple things:
Arrow does my system allow it to run smoothly
Arrow do i really like the game
Arrow is it worth me paying close to $40 bucks to buy it

If all the above are yes than i'll buy it to support the game maker so they'll make more of those kinds of games. Very Happy
Jakob [JaWGames]
I usually buy "real" games and downloads small games created by other people.
Lyriqz
DL FTW!!! t-1 connection on a wireless global.... AHHH download anywhere in the house.... beats paying an extra 30 to 60 dollas out of my pocket...... (but only now if i can find a way to not to pay for wow gamecards.......) Lol
rateme
I usually download games because they cosy very expensive..
if they were more cheap i will buy them..
Timoses
mistuh griddlez wrote:
I usually download a free trial and then if i like it i might buy it. But usually I don't buy or download games because i already found the best game in the world........MINESWEEPER! Very Happy

Lol..
I don't download games. If I wanna play a game I ask my friends if they have it
and if not I might buy it.
I'll sure buy Far Cry 2 Very Happy
Tasa
I will download a game to try it if I like the game I will go out and buy it if I don't I will remove the game. It is funny gamers complain because the games comng out lack the quality of some older games, but the simple fact is the game makers must put out a lot of games in order to make a profit the go for quantiy not quality. And it is the fault of the people that download the games with no intent to buy.
Game Fortress
I usually just surf for freeware games. There are some suprisingly good ones out there.
phinguyen
i dont play PC gamez at all, but i do download them to see what all the hype is about, but the game never stays installed fer longer than 3 days. on the other hand i love everything else (exept that POS microsoft calls a 360) and i also download gamez for my consoles. fer my psp i download the games that just look interesting but would never own and i buy the ones that are deemed true classics. my nds has original games but when i get it flashed there will be no more buying games for it since nds games are far too short to play in whcih adds up to not worth buying. and finally, i modded my ps2 (jus as my ps1) since the system is almost absolute and i download full ps2 games and play them occasionally, if i had more time set aside fer gamez i would buy the great ones but i dont. not that i dont own any real games (i had over 250 ps2 titles) but since i have no time, i feel i souldnt have to waste the money, thats why i love portable gaming~! i can whip it out whenever i have tyme and play~!!
Rsam
I download games. I'm not a large gamer so buying a game wouldn't be a good purchase for me. I only play when I'm bored.
Osprey
Rsam wrote:
I only play when I'm bored.

Laughing Yeah, I only play games when I'm bored too... I'm bored whenever I'm not playing a game.

I buy a game (download or not) or borrow from a friend once they are done with it. Pirating software, no matter what your excuse is, means less money the game developers can sink into the next project which means the quality goes down the hole. Download a demo, if you like it, buy the game.
jasmine
I play games when I'm bored too.

But mostly I play 'small games' like ZSNES Actions RPGs or something like SIMS. But I don't go for RPG games like Diablo and such. I might not be able to stop and that is what I'm avoiding! Very Happy
Mebby
I'd never buy a pirated game, if I was selling a product I wouldn't want people takeing it and selling it on to make money for themselfs.

I generaly don't download games, enougth of my bandwidth gets used playing them and downloading patches as it is. Haveing a disk is just generaly easier.
m_furquan36
I buy all my games no use waiting for games to download....as was said before in a reply that i would rather save my bandwidth for patches and stuff rather than downloading games...or even movies and stuff for that matter Razz
SunTzu
I usually download a demo of a game if it seems interesting. If it catches my fancy, I'll get the complete version.

If the game is from a small/independent/startup developer I'll buy it, otherwise BitTorrent comes in handy.
lunatic07
it depends there are very good games out there to download some even aremroe fun then games to buy but if i wanna buy a game that i really like i buy it and make sureits not alot of money the only game i bought for pc was starcraft which back in the day was the shit and now i play counter-strike which is fun and only costs 9.99 now and is #1 action game in the world so pretty good yeah i like downloading games to.
em0o
I mostly download but occassionally i do buy. For some things like half life or cs, i like have a physical real copy of for some reason.
Rad Ultima 2
I used to download games all the time, but I got a lot of free games with my graphics card, so I think it will be a while before I start into those downloads again. Razz Hardly ever buy games, since I'm very cheap...
justnewbie
buying original games are usually expensive and rare to find around here. most of my friends buy pirated games.. but I download them thru bitcomet... only takes 2 days for a game to download what
abedalmged
where do i buy games?
Ghengis
Osprey wrote:
I buy a game (download or not) or borrow from a friend once they are done with it. Pirating software, no matter what your excuse is, means less money the game developers can sink into the next project which means the quality goes down the hole. Download a demo, if you like it, buy the game.

How is borrowing from a friend any different from pirating software, except that the "friend" you "borrow" it from is farther away? Either way, the developer doesn't get paid for a copy of their game.
fish250
i usually only download my ps2 games
Yjaxygames
I buy all games I have. Except for the downloadable ones.
xkobram
Last game i've bought is CSS,DODS,HL2DM etc. but i usualy download games, and i like free games -FEAR combat, Americas army
PristonMaster
i download the games...
i think that they can sell games cheaper and make more money selling more Cool
xkobram
PristonMaster wrote:
i download the games...
i think that they can sell games cheaper and make more money selling more Cool

You are right, i think the problem is that in USA price is OK, but in Europe is the same price too much, but its the same with computers, cars and so on, i think we pay double price than America does
Waerjak
I usually download my games, but if its a game i think is really good i first download the trial then i buy it. I think its a little risky to download games tho cause they can be infected with viruses and stuff Evil or Very Mad Also downloaded games tend to be incomplete and theres lots of trouble when trying to install them Sad
ItsWesley
I usually download a game if I'm not sure if I like it, but for games that I'm sure I'll like, I just buy them.
poet
A bit of both, Ill download a trial version to try it out, then will buy the game on disk to have a good copy. In some games I play need the original disk to play the game anyway.
Timonator
I only buy a game when te price is good and reasonable. Or when you need to buy it to play online on rankded servers like battlefield 2. I also uy games that are good liek Guildwars thst i am aklying now for 15 months. For the rest i downlaod everything Laughing Cool
dyrtyrice
Wow you guys are pretty brave, hopefully no software developers are trolling these forums... I download games mostly as of late. I see no reason to pay for current gen games while I save my pennies for all 3 next gen systems.
Arnie
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:
I usually buy "real" games and downloads small games created by other people.
My computer is old anyway (like 2000) so I can buy the popular top games from those days for 5 euro. Stuff like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, great games for little money.
Ka7raK
I usually buy really long games or with an excellent life-time quality gaming. This means games like Neverwinter Nights, Halo series, KotOR, Fable, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, Rise of Nations. I buy 95% of the games i have because i only have games that i really like and that i can play for a long time (i completed KotOR 17 times!!). Another thing that is really cool of late is the special packages. I bought Rise of Nations Gold Edition, C&C: First Decade and NWN: 3 Game Package, each one, for €30. I think that all the three packages have excellent games that i will play for really long. I got them a long time after they were released but it's still a lot of fun and my computer can't really handle allmighty games of the present. I don't think people have the need or the right to go illegal but that's not my choice to make. The only game i have ever downloaded (illegally) was Lego Star Wars and i'm glad i did because i realized my graphic board didn't support Pixel Shading or whatever. If i had spent €60 buying the game, i would have wasted all that money for nothing. Instead, i got Lego SW for Xbox (€20, used) and became very happy about realizing the usefulness of that download. If i download a demo or an entire game and i like it, i buy the game (even if it's used) and that makes me quite happy about knowing that i'm not stealing and, in the future, if i manage to become the game developer i want to, i'd be happy to have loads of people like me. But, then again, it's not my choice to make about other people's lives and/or opinions on piracy.
xzoz92
i do both infact since some games i first download and play single player and after feel that i want to try it agaist ppl online so i have to wlak to the store and buy it after it kills my wallet but atleast now my HDD is full so i wont be buying and/or downloading any new game in a while until iwe installed my third one ^^
nata_ratero
I must admit i usually download games Rolling Eyes
here.. in a small place in the world, there is a region that does not buy any games, 99.5% of the games (and the rest of software) are pirated.

here, in south america, games cost.. $100 or more, and nobody has money to buy software, including games.. (and most people have low-end PCs ..)

so ill continue playing CS no steam..

sorry but its the truth Wink
Ka7raK
nata_ratero wrote:
here, in south america, games cost.. $100 or more, and nobody has money to buy software, including games.. (and most people have low-end PCs ..)

In fact, there are places were some conditions hinder the acquisition of games. Another problem is that big companies like EA, have loads of money but they insist in selling games with high prices even though that is not needed.

My greatest idea for the problem is simple: the price of games should be based on their quality. I can't think of anything better! I would never buy some games for €60. Let's create game prices based on ROX's classification:

Base: Halo 2 (10.0/10.0) - €69,90
9.0 ~ 9.9 - €60 to €69
8.0 ~ 8.9 - €45 to €60
7.0 ~ 7.9 - €35 to €50
5.0 ~ 6.9 - €25 to €40
4.0 ~ 4.9 - €20 to €30
Below 4.0 - < €20

This is just an example but the good companies would keep making money and the bad games would be banished. Not only it increases the game quality (companies have to make better games in order to sell higher), it also increases the chance to buy less rated games. I would NEVER buy a game below 8.0 for €60. The only games i bought with this price were Halo 2, KotOR, Jade Empire, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Splinter Cells. On the other hand, i bought Unreal Championship, Nightcaster, Rallisport Challenge and games like those for €30 or less.
NewGuyinTown
If there's a monthly fee, download and play on private server.

I'm not paying per a monthly fee to play a game.
benwhite
Buy console games, download computer games, very rarely. I don't play them enough to pay for them. If I ain't putting 50+ hours into, it's not going to happen.
Utopia GFR
I never downloaded a single game from the Net due to the fact that I believe that some videogames took so much time to design (up to several years of work including the financial aspect); downloading those games in a flash would make me feel quite uncomfortable Confused

As a videogame reviewer, I used to get free game packages at home for the purposes of my website : http://www.game-fr.com allowing me to play international hits since 2001 (like Cossacks, Sudden Strikes, Anarchy Online, America,..) Laughing

Another reason why I dont download videogames (and play) is because I dont have much time left for my other leisure time activities like writing and radio hosting. Sad

Now, I may sound a little controversial but I feel like downloading music in comparison with videogames or movies is much more defensible for time, investment and production purposes Question

Either way, I encourage all kinds of downloads and peer to peer applications. Smile

Keep on the sharing!
Razz
Utopia.
Sabaku
I΄m downloading the most the game, or I get the game at christmas xD
Ludo Lambrechts
I always buy my games as its hard enough as it is for the gaming industry.

Ludo Cool
krrish
amusic wrote:

I also buy the games, I have a very slow internet connection.
Of course I download few small games.

I bought games like Rise Of Nations, Age Of Empires 3, Half Life -2.
Those are the type of games I play.

Some times, and most of the time, we share CDs with friends, that's really cool, you dont have to buy every thing, right?
djcaution
I download all my games, but when I come across masterpieces that are awesome games that just deserve to be boughten.
ClanUA
i do download them but most of them dont work. so sometimes i buy the games but if u need a cd for the game.. ur ****** if u download it lol
cloudship
except the free trial, downloading game is not legal, although it is not obviously illegal here. The development of Edonkey, BT and other techniques makes it easier for us to get access to the game we want.

If we do not talk about the legal issue and suppose we also pay for downloading games, then i would say that i prefer downloading games. It is easy for me to get access to a game, which is only published in the north american market or european market. it is independent of local area and weather situation. (i am fan of Swordman series, but i would not like to buy the game despite the rain.)

And nowadays most internet surfers are using the wideband access to internet. the downloading speed is not a too disturbing problem. I could let my laptop downloading a game throughout the night while i am sleeping. why not.

But back to the real situatoin, the free download really imposes great loss to the game producer. The situation is typically severe in Taiwan and mainland China. Although i am still a free downloader, as long as i could afford, I would buy the game, which I think worthy paying the designers.
DriverEntry
I usually download games. I only bought once.
xkobram
Ka7raK wrote:
nata_ratero wrote:

In fact, there are places were some conditions hinder the acquisition of games. Another problem is that big companies like EA, have loads of money but they insist in selling games with high prices even though that is not needed.

My greatest idea for the problem is simple: the price of games should be based on their quality. I can't think of anything better! I would never buy some games for €60. Let's create game prices based on ROX's classification:

Base: Halo 2 (10.0/10.0) - €69,90
9.0 ~ 9.9 - €60 to €69
8.0 ~ 8.9 - €45 to €60
7.0 ~ 7.9 - €35 to €50
5.0 ~ 6.9 - €25 to €40
4.0 ~ 4.9 - €20 to €30
Below 4.0 - < €20

This is just an example but the good companies would keep making money and the bad games would be banished. Not only it increases the game quality (companies have to make better games in order to sell higher), it also increases the chance to buy less rated games. I would NEVER buy a game below 8.0 for €60. The only games i bought with this price were Halo 2, KotOR, Jade Empire, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Splinter Cells. On the other hand, i bought Unreal Championship, Nightcaster, Rallisport Challenge and games like those for €30 or less.

And you think that I'll buy shit games? maybe you have money so you think that good games arre for rich peaple? That Shit games are for poor people? I think that you must be crazy!!! I'm not going to spend year pϊocket money for game? That I'll pay for game that is more expensive than 1GB RAM module??? NO! I'll download it and I'll jhave computer on which i can play it!!!
budazz
I love to download.. but when it comes to games i always but one because i dont have fast internet connections... and i fear i got a faked one...
phinguyen
for me it all depends. i dont really ever play PC games but i'm willing to take the time to download a PC game that is getting real good ratings just to try it out for a while, but i really dont play PC games so they dont stay on the hard drive very long and the game is never seen again. when it comes to console games, i didnt really download games since theres always a risk of getting a chopped up game or most of the time the games have some sort of corruption to them so if i really want the game to play on my PS2 or something i fork out a few dollars and go rent it and copy it myself. or if its a really really nice game i'll just go out and buy it.

my psp used to be all about the downloaded iSOs but since i dont have time or the money for a sufficiant memorystick i dont really download for the PSP no more, but i have bought some nice games. loco roco, and tekken 5: DR have been some good choices, and with devhook's latest, we're (1.5 users) are gold on homebrew and the latest games.
darth_revan
Both. For example, i bought XIII, it was 10$, and download speed is slow here. And i bought the orginal game. But you cannot find some games, for example; undying. I couldnt find it in Turkey, so i downloaded it. Sometimes you have to...
urangkayo
from the first i playing game i always download, a demo or full version from torrent or warez site Very Happy
poz2006
im downloading games because its easy and if im buying games im wasting money.
i prefer to download them but sometimes i have problems if the game is uncoded or something
Commando_Sondre
I mostly buy games. When I download a game it is to see if its a good game. If it is, I buy it. If it ain't, I don't buy it. Just a simple as that Razz
Insanity
Uhm that would depend on what kind of game it is to download... I would download free trials and shareware, but other games I would probably just go out and buy it, if its not too expensive. I like having a hard copy with me and the official thing, but that's just me.
lukasek36
I mostly buy games, but sometimes if i don't have money i just download Smile
xkobram
10$ is good, but i think it should be less, (10$ is my 2 months pocketmoney)
Osprey
Ghengis wrote:
Osprey wrote:

How is borrowing from a friend any different from pirating software, except that the "friend" you "borrow" it from is farther away? Either way, the developer doesn't get paid for a copy of their game.

Well, borrowing or buying a used game is different from pirating software in that one of them is illegal. It's the difference from buying a book, reading it then passing it on, or making hundreds of copies and passing them on to be copied hundreds of times and so forth. Passing on ownership of something is allowed within the law and doesn't hinder the profits of the creators like making limitless copies and distributing them.

In the case of borrowing from a friend there is still only one copy of the game, running on one computer. If we both want to play the same game at the same time we would have to buy two copies... it's all mentioned in that EUL agreement that none of us read.
eLto
I usually download games, but every now and then, I feel it's a "gotta have". Having a folder on your pc stacked with ISO's of games just doesn't look as impressive as having them stacked in a closet or on a shelf. On the other hand, downloaded games usually don't have online play, so there's a reason to buy them.

example; while battlefield 2 is fun on single player and LAN, when you're playing vs AI all the time, you tend to own them pretty quickly. But if you're playing online with pro servers, you get rankings and such, meaning that not every newbie can enter a plane and crash it immidietly after. Only ranked pilots can take them, which opens a whole new world of gameplay. "professional" gameplay.
eday2010
I download PC games (come and get me, government!), because there are so many of them that I like and if I bought them all, I'd go bankrupt. However, if a game is REALLY good, I'll buy it. Or if I can't play it online because it's not a purchased copy and it's really good, I'll get it. And if I see it for really cheap in the store, I'll buy it. But that is very rare. I have almost 2 200 CD spindles full of games. Some I downloaded because you can't find them anymore. One just wasn't released in North America on PC (Sonic Mega Collection Plus).

Games I'll download, but DVDs I will always buy. And if the packaging for it is in bad shape, I'll buy it again Razz
theerawate
i buy large or big game . Laughing
i download small game . Wink
trevtrev
I purchase every single game I play. With the exception of AsiaSoft. games.
angel_of_death
get demos by downloading.
they never really reach my expectations, so i give up on buying them Very Happy
quartz
Mostly im downloading games. I didnt found the best game for me, so im playing each game for short time. I think its wasting money to buy, play max one month and then forget about it...
I have one good game which i playing over year, but its very good that this game is free Smile Name of the game BzFlag. I love it.
RazzOne
hmm i always buy games not only becoz its illegal to downloadt he full software but also for not to get virusses when searching for a crac kof the game itself. price doesnt matter to me if its a really good game.
and how do i know its a good game? well i got a friend thatspends all his money on games and i play them there and if i like i buy Smile
jasmine
It's a good thing if you are able to find a spam-free / virus-free crack but some games are just not meant to be downloaded freely. *sigh*

Recently, I just bought a fun psychology game / test for my Palm. I'm having a great time with it but I can't help but think I would be happier if I got it for free. Tee hee hee!
Peterssidan
The games I acqualy play much I often buy. Old DOS games I download because they don't excist in the shops today. I hope politics understand that they can't make any downloading Ilegal! When this happens I will download more of the games I play.
Maby the never understand.... Crying or Very sad
roach831
i actually buy games but if it cost allot id rather download them and buy the legit cd key on the internet
ardabarda
I have paid only one time for a game. Because the game's name was Starcraft Smile I don't like Koreans cuz they are really good on battle.net Smile
androjuni
for me it depends on the availability and the quality of the game.
some games are realy old and are not available on shops anymore so i'm beter of downloading it than wasting time searching for it.
games that have a lot to offer and are realy good like Sims 2 deserves us buying thew CD. it takes a long long time to download so i would rather save and buy it. plus buying the CD gives me an authentic serial number which equates to free goodies at the Sims website.
DopeyCriz
I'm in Illegal-Free zone.

That mean.. I pay for my game. Or watch the trailer at GameSpot.com
enygmasoft
I will buy games at the store. I do dl demos, but never full games. I have tried to dl legacy of kain defiance, still dl but I have to pay $20 to get full access to that.
Kitten Kong
I purchase games legally from the store, I am a good boy and don't break any rules. I don't care that most games are rushed to release and 90% of the money goes to middlemen who couldn't give a shit about making a good game and just see dollar signs.

I think the best way to get games now is through steam, even though it is a laggy buggy bitch at least most of the money goes to developers rather than publishers.
ekim_dk
I download and buy. It depends of what kind of game it is. I usually buy a new game, but if i find a really good demo of an old game i usually download it.
TonkPilz
I both Download and buy my games it totally depends on the game if its any good and have some replay value i usually buy it. developers whit good software deserve are money for their hard work as do you for pushing papers and/or shoveling horse crap all day
The_Gamer294
it really depends on what kind of game. id go to the store to buy something like diablo or warcraft but roms and stuff are definately a download. nobody sells those old games anymore.
enygmasoft
Downloading older hard to find games that run on emulators. On the game cube I buy all of those as well as the PC games I own. I am trying to dl a game on PC on dial up, just tosee if its possible. 3 days of dl time to go.
SilverDawn
Well, since I'm largely a WoW-addict and a rather picky player otherwise, I usually just wait for reviews from the only site that I trust to and agree with opinion of, then, if the expectations are corresponding to the results, I buy the game.

However, this whole thing does bring up a question.

When you want to buy a car, you can go to the shop and request a test drive. When you want to buy shoes, you can try them on. In other words, you know what you buy. When you buy a game, you are mostly trusting the hype, the words on the back of the box, the words of your friends or opinion of a reviewer (which, as the case currently is, is usually worth nothing, as just about no reviewer will put a "blockbuster" a low mark).

Which leaves us where? Why, at the point that we have no clue of what we're buying, of course! And even a demo you can't trust, as many a developer will put the best moments of the game into it just to get the people's interest peaqued. What am I saying here? Hmm... That we should have the right to, say, 1-day or 2-day trial time with the game? Then again... many of the new games last less than 8 hours, so... The odds of something like this are low. At any rate, the fact that there is no way to know what we really buy is just plain wrong.
Dakafall
I do both..... Mainly i buy them but if they are like insanley expensive, i just download them and when the price goes down I buy the game and get rid of the downloaded one.....
jasmine
I recently found this game for Palm OS called Cake Mania. But it costs $20! *cries*

Darn! I wan it. T_T
dmntr
Fable:the lost chapters!

it like the game of my dream, i was completly out of life when i played it
jwob2
I do download games, but i also buy them if i really like them.

Quote:
When you want to buy a car, you can go to the shop and request a test drive. When you want to buy shoes, you can try them on. In other words, you know what you buy. When you buy a game, you are mostly trusting the hype, the words on the back of the box, the words of your friends or opinion of a reviewer (which, as the case currently is, is usually worth nothing, as just about no reviewer will put a "blockbuster" a low mark).

That's true but it's pretty much the same with films and albums. I've bought many albums because i've liked a single only find out that the rest of the album sucks... And film trailers can make anything look half decent. I think demo's are at least fairer than the average blockbuster movie trailer...
ashok
sometimes i download, sometimes i'll buy... mostly depends on the size, then the availability at my local store
Jeyon
But I usually download, it's kinda wasting of money for a game. Beside's, there are hundreds of game can be downloaded and its free. I do, quitting a game quite fast, so I can generally changing game always. I don't get bored.
Alienz
I download and buy game. Mostly I download old games.
masufasu
Generally I use eMule...
Sergiy
mostly I downloading games
I playing one game in best example 2 days Very Happy
for me are games booring and wasting time
the web page creating are the best Wink
fiorello
im downloading games. But now i think i will buy Valve FPP's bcoz steam is unhackeable Razz ~30$ for really good games is small amount Smile)
wmm_1
i will download it if they are no more on market..

especially on my F1 MANAGER it lastly launch on 2000 and not on market anymore,so i need to download it..
arkebuzer
Loghete wrote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure he isn't DEViANCE.

Dev~ isn΄t a person... it΄s a release group Wink
eliasr
well, to be honest, i download the most, but i dont share them, stuff as ea battlefield is orginal ( i can give a picture if you want proves ... no a video ) because this cant be cracked and enjoyed 100%, i want the ranks, i want the good play, so i bought that, and a new dvd buner caused my other was death.

however, steam games, as also is getting fieled up with both old and newer games, those are being cracked, and some as sounds interesting is being downloaded, the most common use for this is valvecafeaccountxxxxx and a big stupid password. learned my first one, but have forgotten it now.

there is alot of forums out there, and i dont understand, how it can be so hard, to get the site blocked or somehow destoyed. ofcurse steam keep a look on them,, and patch the cracks, but, alot would get out of that stuff, if the pages would go down, because that is the main page, to a lot of warez, and some deep shit criminality, well , i could say, why do i do it then, when i know this.

games are fun, expensive and takes time to get them. since i havn't been spotted, i try alot of games with it full features, if i really like it , then would i buy it, in this case, i tryed the demo of bf2142 and bouht the game, and DVD device

but i never share the games to futher places, it take tiem to upload, time to pack it, and it's even more ilegal + i get others into trubble
Daisie
I buy hard copy from the store, usualy pre-owned ones but if a good title is just out, sometime we cant resiste....
I download the trial version of games, it's enought for me as I get bored to easly with mini games (such as the reflexive lot).
I was tempted to get a crack once but how would I be able to look my kiddo in the eyes and tell her that stealing is wrong?
easy-cool
i always download games
fearlabfoundation
DOWNLOAD:
if i can download it, i would
if i cant,
i wait till one of my friends have it
and download it into mine!!!
LOL
m_furquan36
I havent yet downloaded games because im just not that paitent to download them even though with the internet speed nowadays doesnt even take that long but ive always bought all the games i liked or would like to play....just read a lot of reviews about it first Razz so i have yet to download a game i might download one to try it out one day if theres a game out there im really not sure about.
onlybooks
i do both buy and download means i buy the game i loved most and i download when i want to test the game.....it's because game should be original if you loved it and is of any category if you don't like it so i download such type of games Cool
onlybooks
i do both buy and download means i buy the game i loved most and i download when i want to test the game.....it's because game should be original if you loved it and is of any category if you don't like it so i download such type of games Cool
xerosyne
Always buy except when I can't get the game I'm after in the shops. This is especially true with expansion packs where shops won't stock them if the original never met its sales targets. A real pain if your following a series. H&D Sabre Squadron is one example. (I would consider buying now, even having played a downloaded copy)
mattchun
It's steal, if you are playing games by downloading them!
arkebuzer
mattchun wrote:

The illegal part is downloading them, if you decide to play them or not has nothing to do with it Wink
matt9875
Personaly downloading games takes forever and as you usualy have to pay retail value its better to buy one as you dont need to spend days downloading.
arkebuzer
That depends on what speed you got on your internet connection mate Wink

With a nice 100/100 broadband connection it often just a matter of hours even for really large games.
Dwyer17
I'm sorry to all of you that strongly support the gaming industry and think that it's just awful that some people download great games.

I download... all of my games.

Well, I did buy F.E.A.R. and the expansion pack to it, because I very, very strongly believe that it's an EXCELLENT game, wow great graphics and great realism. So my answer is, I have downloaded all my games except one or two.
shun
I do both. I guess it depends. If the game is really good, such as Halo, Age of Empire, etc, I would buy the game just to show my support. But if the game is not particularly interesting, then I won't bother to spend my money on it.
Arnie
arkebuzer wrote:
mattchun wrote:

The illegal part is downloading them, if you decide to play them or not has nothing to do with it Wink
Using software you're not licenced to use is still illegal Wink
khairulsyahir
I buy. cause I'm just not that patient enough to wait for the long download time. Especially when now games take up as much as 2 DVDs just for the installer. 8 Gig to download? Better just buy it.
iNs@nE
Downloading games take crazy amount of time and it is pretty difficult to get your hands on them too.

Now-a-days Piracy is a growing business and it has become soo advanced that you tend to get the game even before it actually releases. When you live in a world like this, I ask you one thing only - what is the whole damn point of buying games?
Once the damn Piracy people do their work, just go to their hide-out and get any game you want in a Dollar or so.
If you try downloading the same game from the net, it will cost you much more resources.

You might hate me for this, but am sure am speaking on behalf of most of you out there - PIRACY MIGHT BE A CRIME BUT IT ROXX..
falco211
I downloaded once or twice but it gets boring. I go out and buy console games. I am not a big fan of downloading though.
datter
I download some, and if I like 'em I buy 'em.
BooTes
Usually I download a game first, if I like it I buy it afterwards. To be honest, hardware is expensive enough, so why waste money? Rolling Eyes
tefa_taftaf2010
it's illegal to download complete games

so i don't do it and never want to do it

just to give every one his rights
iNs@nE
Everyone says this in the start...but they soon start gettin dragged towards the world of piracy...

this is just like any other addiction..may it be meth or alcohol or anythin....
no one drinks when they are born but they soon get used to it owing to the benefits of it...

I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT...its just a temporary way of putting things off...let me know when you enter the world of buying Pirated Games...
Notigam
Downloading games is illegal, even to test them for buying it later.
You should buy games that have good ratings and see videos of the game before buying it.
iNs@nE
There you go. Another Mr.Piracy is a Crime! Many like you come and go dude. Not many have been able to make a change in how this sytem works.

Thats the way it was and it will always be. There is not a damn thing you nor any one can do about coz all of you abide by it in form or another. As long as you do that, you dont get to change it.
Sergiy
I download games too, but just for PC. For ps2 I jut buy them because I like just few games... I would buy a game for PC if I wold have money...simple as that Laughing
BluHorizon
I always buy games as my pcs a bit temperamental. Whenever i download a game it's guaranteed the computer will crash i'll have to reformat the hard drive and then i'll have to pay again to get whatever game i could have bought on disk in the fist place.
karumpa
I do not download anymore. Downloading has brought me unstable hard drive behavior, viruses and more. Buying games will now be the best way to enjoy them. However, I do not download them from sites that sell them because I d o not fully trust the internet for exchanges of money.
agustin
I buy games....I dont know why I dont download games but its ok that way too!
web_harman
well i live in INDIA

so downloading big games is a distant dream because of the speed

but i also dont buy original ones but the piratred ones....

but for multiplayer i have bought some originals too....
pashmina
amusic wrote:

i agree with you. buying game is more convinient then downloading them. ofcourse i download small games..
hajiki
i download game all the time becauce no many money for buy a game~ Sad
hardcoregamer808
Download Like Pirate them? Or Download them like paying for it?

I've never pirated a game in my life but I see why people do it and it seems like a good idea (though not to say I have pirated some other things for "testing" purposes and bought the real version from a store), but I did download a couple legally by paying for it or it was meant to be free, and I also buy games from like gamestop or walmart or something.
Senshida
I download games for:
-My iPod
-MMOs
-Wii Virtual Console
-Xbox Live Arcade
inferno2211
i always buy athe game that i want downloading takes way too long
RicardoRA3D
I usually download my games..