FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ever heard about the coce-cola and mentos experiment?

DEViANCE
ever heard about the coce-cola and mentos experiment?
you take a bottle full of coca-cola, and a couple of mentos,
put the mentos in the bottole and Bam!
a coca-cola outburst!
if i will find it, i will show you a clip about this.
try it out! its really cool!
kazikame
I've heard of it. It's diet coke, actually. I haven't tried it yet though.
william
Yeah, I've seen it. With Diet Coke and Mentos, you can make a huge Coke fountain. And, if you turn it upside down, it can be a Coke bottle rocket. I have not done it, yet. Though, I plan on doing it soon. Anyway, here's a good link.

http://eepybird.com/
eldarian
I tried it. It flew up for 2-3 meters and fall down. Cool thing! But:
Exclamation Never use it in indoors.
Exclamation Stay away for 1 meter (bottle can fall down on your head Smile )
Exclamation Use 1L bottle maximum - i don't know what will be with 2 litres!
P.S. It was not diet coke - it was usual cola.
Hammy
I've seen on google video's.. and it was all done wiv diet coke.
I would try it .. but .. what the ***k are mentos? lol
never heard of them b4, and cant find them in the shops. Pfft Sad

But im gonna try it wiv the lid on the bottle and see what happens. lmao!

And for those of u who are stupid and cant figure out how i'd get mentoes into a bottle wiv the lid on.. i'd stick the mentoes to the top of the lid and/or the neck of the bottle.. screw the lid on .. then tip it upside down lol.
Aless
Is this like feeding Alka Seltzer to sea gulls? I've always wanted to do that, but been reluctant to have gull guts all over me Very Happy.
Agent ME
I saw a video on G4's "Attack of the Show" where these people had several hundred large sodas, and several hundreds more mentos... it was cool.
umhowie
yeah i did it. but i only put one in there and it just made a huge like spit
Josso
Hmmm not sure where I can get mentos actually, will it work with like "Everyday Cola"? Because that stuff is only like 30p and it would be a good thing to do with spare change.
quex
I think it works with just about any cola-type drink... we did it once with Mr. Pibb. If you can do it fast enough, it's fun to screw the cap back onto the bottle and stick it in a metal home postbox, then slam the door. The box doesn't explode, but it might blow out the sides a bit when the bottle gives, and all this foam comes rushing out of the seams and blows the box door open.

(And no, I wasn't being a cool delinquent when I did this... we pulled it on our own mailbox, which had already been knocked off it's post by a car. Embarassed)
Hammy
quex wrote:
I think it works with just about any cola-type drink... we did it once with Mr. Pibb. If you can do it fast enough, it's fun to screw the cap back onto the bottle and stick it in a metal home postbox, then slam the door. The box doesn't explode, but it might blow out the sides a bit when the bottle gives, and all this foam comes rushing out of the seams and blows the box door open.

(And no, I wasn't being a cool delinquent when I did this... we pulled it on our own mailbox, which had already been knocked off it's post by a car. Embarassed)

Lmao!!!.. thats sounds awesome!, i so wanna try it with the lid on now lol. But hwere do i get mento's? ... Tis my birthday on 5 of aug .. i think u guys should get me some Very Happy lol.
R2.DETARD
I regret ever having read the first frihost thread about this, two days later i was being soaked by 2 litres of coke and pelted by mentos.
Basically what i'm trying to say is: remember to stand well back
Krille_leijon
Been their done that Wink
Ducksteina
I've seen the experiment several times in TV and it's quiet fun to watch. Does anybody know which chemical reaction causes it?
And about the Mentos: you can get everywhere here (Germany).
Vrythramax
Aless wrote:
Is this like feeding Alka Seltzer to sea gulls? I've always wanted to do that, but been reluctant to have gull guts all over me Very Happy.

They don't actually explode...they (finally) shut-up and just drop to the ground or become fish food....trust me on this one Twisted Evil

I never heard about the coke and mentos thing though, sounds like it could have some hilarious possibilities to it though.
James007
Ever heard of the search function?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-40189.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43017.html

-close-