FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Incredible Slowness

Karrde
Hi all,

Ive only been a member for a few days, but I've noticed my new site becoming increasingly slower and slower over the period, to the stage now that 95% of the time the site times out on loading, and I just get a blank page. This seems to happen more with my domain name (karrderized.com) rather than my frihost domain (karrde.frih.net), but both have issues. These forums seem to load fine.

Pinging my domain comes back with decent speeds, however FTP times out during the login process (gets to my username then hangs until timing out).

In the 5% of times when the site actually loads, I generally can't get further than the front page, as when I try to load another page, again it times out. Either that or it takes a solid 5 minutes for the page to load.

I used to host this site on a box sitting on a 128kbit upstream connection, and that was faster than it is now, so there's obviously something screwy going on...

Any help would be appreciated.
shoes22
this exact same problem happens to me!
Karrde
shoes22 wrote:
this exact same problem happens to me!

Hmm, perhaps it's a server issue then? I'm hoping it's just something simple like the server being under heavy load at the moment, and it'll resolve itself eventually...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see unless we hear otherwise.
shoes22
I know it's a server issue, but it is very frustrating Mad
I hope someone can do something about it.
loyal
the same is happening to me...and lol i had just finished making my forums and announced them to lots of people and now lol the forums do not load form the slownees ...i hope this gets fixed!

May God help you frihost staff fix the sites.
SoftStag
Server 2 seems to be having problems at the moment. It is running very slow. Hopefully Bondings can get this sorted asap.
Ratman2050
Its not really server wierdness. Bondings talk to me on it, he said:

Bondings wrote:
I'm currently doing some resource intensitive maintenance to the server, so that may explain some slow moments/high load.
shoes22
Ratman2050 wrote:

Bondings wrote:
I'm currently doing some resource intensitive maintenance to the server, so that may explain some slow moments/high load.
except at times my page doesn't load at all, not even talking about now.
Ratman2050
shoes22 wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:

Bondings wrote:
except at times my page doesn't load at all, not even talking about now.

What do you expect, it would cause blank pages.
niranvv
My site www.niranvv.com (hosted at frihost server 2) and the forum: www.fun.niranvv.com
also experiencing same problem for last 6-7 hours!!
Hope, bodings will fix it soon!!
Pray

Niran
Ratman2050
niranvv wrote:
My site www.niranvv.com (hosted at frihost server 2) and the forum: www.forum.niranvv.com
also experiencing same problem for last 6-7 hours!!
Hope, bodings will fix it soon!!
Pray

Niran

Its fixed.
shoes22
My site only works half the time...
can someone check it out?
www.oasisinet2.frih.net
Ratman2050
shoes22 wrote:
My site only works half the time...
can someone check it out?
www.oasisinet2.frih.net

Its working now, as I said its going under maintenance.
shoes22
I'm still having problems...you see it works one minute "The Page Cannot be Displayed" the next. It says it cannot make a connection to the server.
Karrde
Things seem to have come right now for me, hurrah!

Perhaps a Network Status page would be a good idea in these cases - if some sort of maintenance is being done on a server that may cause issues, then having it noted on a page somewhere would reduce the number of "its not working!" posts in the forums..
Bondings
Karrde wrote:
Perhaps a Network Status page would be a good idea in these cases - if some sort of maintenance is being done on a server that may cause issues, then having it noted on a page somewhere would reduce the number of "its not working!" posts in the forums..

I'm planning to make a server status page not located on one of our servers. However, it may take a while.
Karrde
Bondings wrote:
I'm planning to make a server status page not located on one of our servers. However, it may take a while.

Good stuff. Hopefully, you'll never have to use it though Smile
Josso
Bondings wrote:
Karrde wrote:

That's pretty cool instead of the mass spam of topics "Server 2 down!!1" or whatever we usually get.
CatBox
Josso wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Karrde wrote:

That's pretty cool instead of the mass spam of topics "Server 2 down!!1" or whatever we usually get.

Yea good idea, why dont you guys just setup a seperate forum section just for server down notifications Wink. I've been around for a small bit I'have always seen a server down post around.

The servers go up and down, but it's ok since it's mostly up. The admins are doing a great job.