FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


manga/anime question





DEViANCE
what is the diffrence between manga and anime?
isnt this the same thing?
Scaramanga
Nope. Anime is Japanese for animation, and manga is Japanese for comics. Two entirely different mediums.
QrafTee
It's like saying cartoons and comics are the same. In its roots they are built by the same means, but they have a habit of growing away from each other. If any Marvel cartoon followed the comic series, it would be quite good, but they networks are too scared to put anything that "controversial." So manga and anime are generally the same, but many anime tend to end earlier than the manga or end completely differently.
DEViANCE wrote:
what is the diffrence between manga and anime?
isnt this the same thing?
exarkun
I think otherwise from QrafTee, as anime and manga tends to go in a almost same way, except for the fact that one is a animation and the other is just a kind of comic. However, some of the anime I know did end differently from manga. One example is Shaman King.
Scaramanga
exarkun wrote:
I think otherwise from QrafTee, as anime and manga tends to go in a almost same way, except for the fact that one is a animation and the other is just a kind of comic. However, some of the anime I know did end differently from manga. One example is Shaman King.

It doesn't matter if the story is the same, the content is inherently different. Like I said it's a different MEDIUM, so of course they're not the same. A book and a movie might have the same story, but they're usually not the same, are they?
ashen
Anime is a short Japanese word of Animeshon which meaning Animation. Anime usually used for Japanese animation.
Manga in Japanese language mean Comic, but now Manga used for calling a comic from Japan or a comic with Japanese style.
Scaramanga
ashen wrote:
...but now Manga used for calling a comic from Japan or a comic with Japanese style.

What exactly is a Japanese-style comic? I can you show you 20 different Japanese manga titles, each of which has a different artistic and storytelling style. Just because Western artists want to draw like their favourite manga-ka, that doesn't make what they produce 'manga'.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Anime and Comics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.