FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

whats better: X-box, PS 2 or Gamecube?

DEViANCE
which one do you think is better ?
i think xbox.
it has better graphics, sound and controller (it might look weird but its easy to use, belive me Smile )
ninjakannon
Well, I can start off by saying: not the gamecube. Although it has the best graphics potential of all three it has the worst games and has been marketed poorly so it doesn't sell that well and people don't make many games for it.

The PS2 and Xbox both have the same number of buttons on the controler, it's just a matter of what you prefer. Personaly I don't mind, I can use either one with ease and they're both comftable.
The graphics are slightly better on the Xbox, but not much, and the quality of games on both is very high; so this doesn't come into it much.
One thing is that the Xbox is much bigger and hevier than the PS2, so it's harder to move arround, this is because it's basically a moded computer, which is not so good.

Personaly I don't have a favorite between the xbox and the PS2. I'll have to think about this again when the PS3 is realeased.

ps. I'm talking about the Xbox, not xbox 360 in this post.
Claywarrior
PS2, when it comes to games and quality you cant go wrong

game cube may be innovative with some games, but there too childish

xbox focus's too much on graphics than quality of there games.

PS2 is right in the middle good graphics, and innovative games.

but for next gen Wii will own all!
tench
ROFL WII WILL DIE!!
PS3 will kick ass even if its gona cost $600.
but eh.. xbox is overall better i think. The graphics are good and even though the ps2 has many games, most of them are cheap crappy games while only around 10 named series are really popular.
but the xbox is a really good console. 2 controller choices (big and small). xbox live ez to setup and use, graphics kickass, and all the games i've played on the xbox were really fun. i own both systems but i play the xbox more.
Donutey
tench wrote:
ROFL WII WILL DIE!!
PS3 will kick *** even if its gona cost $600.
but eh.. xbox is overall better i think. The graphics are good and even though the ps2 has many games, most of them are cheap crappy games while only around 10 named series are really popular.
but the xbox is a really good console. 2 controller choices (big and small). xbox live ez to setup and use, graphics kickass, and all the games i've played on the xbox were really fun. i own both systems but i play the xbox more.

Yea on a PS3 you'll be able to do loads of stuff (linux, blu-ray, awesome graphics) but for pure innovation and price the Wii owns. Rolling Eyes
psycosquirrel
If we are talking about last-gen systems, I think the gamecube. Most people consider it a "childish" system, but I really like some of the games on it. Though, the PS2 comes in close second because I love racing games. I dislike the XBox because it is overrated and all the games have good graphics with horrible gameplay...
ninjakannon
psycosquirrel wrote:
If we are talking about last-gen systems, I think the gamecube. Most people consider it a "childish" system, but I really like some of the games on it. Though, the PS2 comes in close second because I love racing games. I dislike the XBox because it is overrated and all the games have good graphics with horrible gameplay...

Not all the games have good graphics but horrible gameplay... Yes, I agree that some do. But this is true of all game consoles. I am a huge fan of the Xbox game 'Halo' which has far from terrible gameplay; in fact no games that I own for the gamecube (except one, which is only poor, not terrible) have terrible gameplay.

The games for the gamecube are considered rather childish, but there has to be a reason for this. This is because either all the games are childish or the games that were availaible when the gamecube was released were childish, which gave the gamecube a reputation for childish games.
william
Tough question. The Xbox has incredible graphics, however the gameplay is a little lacking. (In some games, not all.) The Gamecube's graphics are good, but it has no extras. However, it's still a great system that I do enjoy. Playstation 2 has the most games and, in my opinion, the best gameplay. (Sometimes not as good as the Gamecube). Even though it has the worst graphics, I'd go with the PS2.
Xeniczone
Xbox: The only thing I see good about Xbox is Halo but that was literally Ripped away from Playstation. Lets all us playstation Fans yell at microshit for this.

->Playstation: Definetly the largest Library of games. That is all that matter the more games the better, and if that doesn't convince you then let me say 1 word that will "killzone". Best freaken FPS (in my opition).

Nintendo: Nice system if all you like is Pokemon, Mario, and Donkey Kong. COME ON GET SOME NEW GAMEs.

Go with Playstation 2. You can help add-on to it's 103million units sold.
ninjakannon
Xeniczone wrote:
The only thing I see good about Xbox is Halo but that was literally Ripped away from Playstation.

It was? How come?

Oh, and could you tell me why more games is better?
If there were 496 Billion games for console A and 85,925 for console B. But all the games for console A had 1 level, paint (graphics drawn on paint) style graphics, single player only and more bugs between them than atoms in the universe and console B had every game that was better than halo. Which console is better then? Still A? I think not... Shocked
Xeniczone
Bungie origanally made the game for playstation they even have some video of it on IGN. It looks still prototypish but still looked like it was coming along. It was being made by bungie and Produced buy Rockstar Games. Well Microsoft some how didn't agree with this and to stop it's production on the Playstation and put it on Windows and Xbox they used their money to stolve it and buy out bungie or something that allowed them to choose the platform.

Well you would be right their but lets face it we have all seen playstation 2 games and none of them use "graphics drawn on paint". Though some games don't appeal to me doesn't make them bad. Games like Frequency you would think are lame the graphics aren't that good and all you do is push buttons to play music, but I like music and I like doing that I get to scroll around and choose the intrusment and play it using good timeing.

Halo isn't good because of it's graphics. Though it does play a major role. It's good because it provides non-stop action and violence. These 2 thing really appeal to gamers.

Lets go back in time a little. Around 1994. We are in the 16-bit generation. With 2 major consoles on the market. Sega Mega Drive and SNES. The SNES has a problem with gore and violente games. Games like Mortal Kombat and Another world on this platform had to have blood and gore taken out of it, but on the Genesis this wasn't an issue. Sega didn't care about blood and gore which version of mortal kombat sold better. Genesis. Which system sold better Genesis. It's all about what system provides more violente or action fulled games.

If everyone was after High end graphics and the first system to come out with them Sega Dreamcast would have sold like crazy but it didn't.
ninjakannon
Interesting fact about Halo originally being for the Playstation, thanks for that. Smile

I agree to a certain extent with your other points.

Graphics aren't the main issue when buying games, you're right. Obviously people will want to be playing games with better graphics, because it simply looks more impressive. But the graphics would only change their opinion if they were seriously terrible.
People buy games for other reasons. They would buy music and dance games if they liked those, RPG games if they like them, racing games if they liked those etc. But the most common games are action games, with violence, gore and lots of killing.
Personally I buy games - not because they have loads of gore, or violence - but if they have good action that is preferably non-stop (well, not constant, but there has to be enough - not too much boring walking around to get item X for character Y, if you see what I'm saying), they must also be interesting with good controls and moves (not just like one move per button, but combos because otherwise it gets boring (or a variety of different weapons)). Also, difficulty. If a game is too easy, I'll get bored, it has to be a challenge; most games have difficulty settings and usually I can do the hardest mode with not much problem, but halo... no, I can't complete the 'legendary' mode, it's actually too hard for me. And that's good, because it means that I still have improving to do and so it urges me to play more. And I don't get bored because I have a goal, to get good enough to complete the hardest difficulty.
If a game has online compatibility (eg Xbox live or what ever it is for the PS2) it is also more desirable.

I think that many other people share my views on this and don't buy games just for the violence - but a range of things.
Xeniczone
Well yeh.

It's not really the system that makes the game great. It is also the Games that make the system great.

That is why playstation is so popular. It has a wide veritiy of games. Then it have verities of it's verities.

Off topic:

Halo is much easier to beat when on the computer. So your not using the HUGE controller Wink