FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what kind of printer you have?

DEViANCE
what kind of printer you have?
i have a normal printer, not a lazer one, cannon i250.
and you? by the way, do you think buying a printer with a scanner and a fax is a good deal? i might buy one Smile
psycosquirrel
I have a bunch of printers in my house, and one scanner. I also have a large copying machine and I used to have a fax machine, but I never use it any more. The printers are all inkjets and one laser.
Bernak
A small old Epson 740. It is deffective, can only print b/w Sad
The reason I still have it: the cheap ink. Nice! Smile
Josso
An HP, it's a photocopier, scanner and printer all-in-one. Pretty useful actually, I had two in the house but one broke (some small part that's impossible to replace apparently Mad).
bigdbag
I've got a lexmark 6150 or something like that. It's an all-in-one scanner copier faxing printing machine. I've got it hooked up to my router which has a built-in wireless printing port Very Happy Prints very fast for an inker and quality is decent enough for photos. Scanning's fast and high quality. Faxing is faxing, no specs there, and there's a feed tray for multiple-sheet copying.
xorcist
I got a Lexmark Series All in one. Its a faxer copier a printer and a scanner. So It was worth getting it. It was actually cheaper then buying all of the thing seperate.
udaykamboj
I have an epson C650i, it's not great in printing but not bad either. The ink is cheap so all well.

I use a fax cum printer at my office and has been working well for me. Thats an HP.
otiscom
I use a HP959 deskjet.
A good "workhorse" of a machine, large ink cartridges and good mechanics.
My daughter had one of the Lexmark all in one piece of junk, the printer went wrong and after various phone calls to their "tech support", I bought her a HP!!
We still use th Lex for scaning though, quite good for that.
alkady
I have a Lexmark All in One, A Canon BJC Bubble Jet Printer and an Old Panasonic One that somewhere collecting dust.
corey
That's an interesting question. I bought an Epson Stylus CX1500. Its an inexpensive multifunction. It prints well and scans nicely. It will also do photocopies without turning the computer on. The ink is pretty cheap as well, but it doesn't run out quickly, which surprises me.

I also have an old Panasonic 24 pin color dot matrix printer, which is still dirt cheap to print with. I can get 3,000,000 characters from one $5.95CDN ink ribbon.
bpdwg
well for the home use, in my opinion a printer is useless. only it will be used for first month. but in my office i have HP laserjet 9000 MFP which is a huge machine connected on the network to serve all our user with built in Scanner, printer and email functionality.
Rocky3478
My printer is a wide-format Epson Stylus Photo 1280. I only use it for printing huge photos, which it does really well!
tamilchild
My printer is HP inkjet printer - 660C

This printer have good quality than other dotmatrix printer Rolling Eyes
jackill
HP deskjet 656c - it suxx Sad very poor quality of prints, noisy, slow... but very cheap indeed.
sprk3
Dear friend

I have hp 1010 Laser printer it is very good.My friend has hp2035 printer,scanner,fax machine machine is good cost of printing is also less.I heard that if any thing goes wrong repear is complicated.
Handyman
I have an Hp officejet d145 for normal print, copy, scan and fax. The office jet is my work horse because it has large capacity ink cartrige. For my photo printing I use a Hp photosmart 8250. I have them all hooked up to a wireless network and share them with 2 macs an 1 pc.
Coclus
i have a hp officejet all-in-one 4215 and anEpson Stylus Photo RX500 and an ml-2250 samsung laser printer
TomS
I have a Brother HL-2030. It's a laser one. It's cheap to use and the inks don't dry. After having used my old needle-printer for some time, it didn't want to work under XP Sad I also had some Lexmark Inkjet printers but they were all really bad at the point of the drying ink and were very expensive, you know.

Getting an all-in-one? Yeah, not a bad idea at all! But remember one point: if one component e.g. the printer breaks, you can throw away the scanner at the same time. If you plan to get two machines, you should look at the all-in-ones anyways. Sometimes it can be cheaper getting an all-in-one even if you just need it for scanning. Look at ebay, sometimes you get all-in-ones with broken printer but working scanner very cheap.
muggle
Brother HL-2070N
TrueFact
Since 1996 i'm Using HP printers, I used the deskjet 670c, 3325C and the laserjet 1100. the 670c was really noisy but had a good mechanical system. The 3325C more light, better printing quality, cheaper ink but it can't handle heavier paper materials like Photo paper. The 1100 is perfect for unless I want to print into color. I hooked up to a PC and shared it on the network, I really like it's speed and cheap ink.
Jaan
I have a 5-year old Samsung laser black-and-white printer at 24ppm, still works like a charm! Very Happy
izcool
My House :
- HP OfficeJet T45 Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier (one of those cool all-in-ones). It's from 1999 and it's showing it's age, since the buttons on it are starting to yellow (odd since the unit is a grayish color). I've had to throw away 2 new ink cartridges the other day since the thing that connects the print heads to the printer were messed up by the printer. The printer scratched up and got old ink on the new cartridges - so I regarded them as junk, but that's okay since I got those cartridge some time ago for like $3.00 a cartridge at the thrift store (which were sealed). I might put one of my spare HP DeskJet printers in (I have like 3 712C printers that take the same ink cartridges as my OfficeJet) to replace this current printer I'm using. I think after this cartridge runs dry I'll probably make the switch. I dunno.
- HP PSC 1315 (Printer, Scanner and Copier, but no Fax) which is in the next room. We use it mostly for printing out photos and for whatever my parents or sister want to print on that computer. Sometimes they send stuff over the network to my OfficeJet if that printer is running dry lol.

My Dad's House :
- HP LaserJet 3100 - a black and white laser printer. This one has a defect (which almsot all 3100 printers have from what I read online) where you have to load the paper fanned out (since it's on the top instead of on the bottom), otherwise the printer will take like 20 sheets and print on that instead of only on one sheet. I think they had a kit to fix this problem but my dad doesn't want to spend the money to get it. This is also a printer/fax/copier/scanner, but it's only in black-and-white, unlike my OfficeJet which can do color.

My Work :
- HP LaserJet 2100 - a simple printer with 2 trays to load paper from. They can have a 3rd or a 4th but they only have the 2 standard ones. The first tray (which folds down) prints out our envelopes, and the 2nd tray (the bottom one) which has all of the normal paper in it.

- Mike.
myworld
Canon MP370. Tiny ink tanks so constantly having to change them but other wise good quality photo prints which you don't always get on a multifunction device.
technology.sponge
2 x canon pixma ip1000
yeah, i noe, the quality is crap and the random money extorts aka ink crtridges are horrible.

but hey, i got em for 40 bux aud and refills r only 6 bux for black and 12 for color

better than the original blk/color 16/28 dollars
internetjobs
i am using HP inkjet... low rate and high quality when compared to others
dotnet
I have EPSON PHOTO 750 printer to print photo with color ink. If you print on special photo-paper(it expensive, damn!) the quality is outstanding Exclamation Me be competition with real photo from film cameras.
DRXX
I have HP Photosmart 2700 Series

Its really cool one
ibay
I recently bought a Samsung printer. To prove my choice, I'm going to list some of its features which I know:

Key Features:
Output Type: Monochrome Printer

Printer Type: All-In-One

Max Resolution (BW): 600 x 600 dpi

Black Print Speed: 20 ppm

Platform: PC, Mac

Technical Features:

Form Factor: Stationary

Connectivity Technology: Parallel (IEEE1284) USB 1.1 USB 2.0

Monthly Duty Cycle: 1,000 - 9,999 (Individual)

Monthly Duty Volume: 4,200 Pages

Language Simulation: SPL

Media Type: Banners Envelopes Glossy Photo Paper Matte Photo Paper Plain Paper Transparencies

Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm, 8.5 x 14")

Total Media Capacity 151 Sheets
Multifunction Features
Copying Speed (Black) 20 ppm

Zoom Range, Enlargement 400 %

Zoom Range, Reduction 25 %
Scanning Features
Scanner Type Sheetfed Scanner

Scanner Resolution 600 x 600 dpi

Scanner Speed 3 Seco
Faxing Features
Fax Speed 33.6 Bps
Hard Drive
Internal Hard Drive Size 16 MB
Processor
Processor Speed 600 MHz
System Requirements
Operating System Apple MacOS X Microsoft Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows 98 Microsoft Windows ME Microsoft Windows NT Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Red Hat Linux 8.x Red Hat Linux 9.x Suse Linux 8..x Suse Linux 9..x
Dimensions
Width 17.24 in.

Depth 14.72 in.

Height 14.49 in.

Weight 22.93 lb.
ibay
I recently bought a Samsung printer. To prove my choice, I'm going to list some of its features which I know:

Key Features:
Output Type: Monochrome Printer

Printer Type: All-In-One

Max Resolution (BW): 600 x 600 dpi

Black Print Speed: 20 ppm

Platform: PC, Mac

Technical Features:

Form Factor: Stationary

Connectivity Technology: Parallel (IEEE1284) USB 1.1 USB 2.0

Monthly Duty Cycle: 1,000 - 9,999 (Individual)

Monthly Duty Volume: 4,200 Pages

Language Simulation: SPL

Media Type: Banners Envelopes Glossy Photo Paper Matte Photo Paper Plain Paper Transparencies

Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm, 8.5 x 14")

Total Media Capacity 151 Sheets
Multifunction Features
Copying Speed (Black) 20 ppm

Zoom Range, Enlargement 400 %

Zoom Range, Reduction 25 %
Scanning Features
Scanner Type Sheetfed Scanner

Scanner Resolution 600 x 600 dpi

Scanner Speed 3 Seco
Faxing Features
Fax Speed 33.6 Bps
Hard Drive
Internal Hard Drive Size 16 MB
Processor
Processor Speed 600 MHz
System Requirements
Operating System Apple MacOS X Microsoft Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows 98 Microsoft Windows ME Microsoft Windows NT Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Red Hat Linux 8.x Red Hat Linux 9.x Suse Linux 8..x Suse Linux 9..x
quartz
I preffer laser printers. Because its cheaper to use it. Also u dont need to use it at least once a month (inkjet printers get dry if u dont use it for a longer time.)
Most printers at work are HP LaserJet printers. Also we have Minolta and Samsung printers. All of them are working good so i think its not very important which company u preffer. But if printer is hardly loaded every day then i use HP printers.

At home i have HP Inkjet printer but im planning to change it to laserjet
em0o
i have a HP 1500 series all in one. Cheap and affordable with the convience of multiple tasks. It was just for college, but I deeply regret not getting the one that is a higher grade than my because it only supports 5 oz (i think) black cartridge which goes by QUICk. Cartridges are the most expensive part i think since I constantly have to buy new ones. Other than that, it is a decent printer.
lucyrssll
Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the HP Photosmart 325 ink. Oh and it's free delivery too!
ForceRun
We got a few basic Inkjets, and a really nice Brother B/W Laser printer which saves a ton on ink as it can do 10,000 sheet off a $50 toner setup.
MeddlingMonk
I have an archaic HP Deskjet 670C, which is destined to be replaced later this year when it finally runs out of ink (I don't do a lot of printing, but this printer is finally getting on my nerves).
miquelxx
i got printer with scanner!!
kansloos
HP Photosmart 5180.
Brilliant printer if you'd asked me. It is possible to easily attach it to the network and cartridges are not very expensive.
osuchin
I have HP 3745 and HP F4185.
bulek
I have Canon Pixma iP 4200 and I'm very satisfied with it.
froy357
Got epson c45 here for almost 4 years and day by day am waiting for is retirement. I think my printer love's his life style of patronizing refilled cartrage. Very Happy
psycosquirrel
I trashed my laserjet and got a network inkjet 6 months ago. It is relatively high-capacity (designed to print for more than one person), so it prints much faster than the old laserjet.

Network printers are awesome. I can be anywhere in my house, and hit print. The signal will go wirelessly to my router, then transfer via a wired ethernet connection to my printer. Not to mention that I can do this from my laptop, my girlfriend's laptop, my desktop, my htpc, etc. It's awesome!
Craeft
I just bought the HP D5460 the other day and HOLY FRIGGIN QUALITY, BATMAN! The resolution on this thing is superb. And the print speed is phenomenal! For the price, I don't think it can be beat. $99 at Staples. Go figure!

I just purchased a print server as well and we now have that printer as well as two lesser HPs connected to the print server. They are for basic text drafts and what have you.
weableandbob
some old HP laser printer that still works fine, a newer canon color printer, and a samsung laser printer that isn't set up
sketteksalfa
i should say, epson printers are the best among other printers.
WelshmanPhilG
I agree, Epson printers are great. I've got a Epson Aculaser C900 which was cheap to buy but the toner cartridges from Epson were very expensive. Now using remanufactured toner cartridges from Paragon Matrix which are about 60% cheaper and seem to work well! Cool
Donutey
An old HP 660Cse from more than 10 years ago, the cartridges and cheap and last a while, it's small (compared to a laser, I live in a small apartment at college...), and I only need it for black and white.

I would suggest staying away from newer HP deskjets, along with Lexmark. Both companies sell them cheaply so you buy their expensive ink. As said in some other posts, i agree Epson is a good choice if you need to buy a new one.
gilwe
Laser Brother. Great printer, black and white only, but great print quality,
fast enough and seems to be quite reliable. I never recommend HP though.
Tend to break (stop working) very quickly.
keane
I got a Canon Pixma MP198. It's an printer and scanner in one. I'm using it for printing documents and pictures. I usually use it when doing test prints of print designs. So far I'm happy with it's quality. It may not be the best, but it's good enough for home use. Smile
weableandbob
We've burned through two Epson inkjet printers (they broke extremely prematurely-we haven't gotten another Epson product since), but we're currently using a Canon Pixma MP750 for anything with color, and an old HP monochrome laser printer, and also have an extra Samsung one that we haven't set up yet.
pumpin
i've got an hp 5200 series, it quite ok
nhatoday
I got an HP Officejet 7310 all-in-one printer. It can print, scan, fax, and copy. It works pretty good, but it really save some space in your office.