FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Media Server ! ? !

sharp
Is it possible for me to install Macromedia Flash Media Server on to frihost server 2 ?

Reason I ask is that in order for me to have my chat rooms with voice and cam I need flash media server (side). Even for only voice, which is really all I want to do, this will help me create an online chat created sctrictly from flash (looks great too) but I do believe without the voice bit the chat becomes bland aand is simply a glorified shoutbox. Now I have yet to 'seriously' look into the installation process for it due to the fact I dont wish to waste too much time in studying it if I cannot use it!

Please help me on this,
nikolic
http://www.amfphp.org/

This will send most datatypes that you need on a platform that frihost already supports.
sharp
I have only just clicked the link, so I didnt read anything yet but for the first bit, I want to thank you for your reply and help. this does seem like its exactly what I have been loking for. I asked the company that maintains my employers site (can you believe they normally charge 20,000$ to create and host a website!?!?!?!!!!! ****** ouch, but since we are a non-profit org. thay gave us 50% off, and to think I have built sites for a few and charge a few hundred, hahaha, do I here price inflation?!