FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Resources for Parents

aBiz
Hi,

I've just released an updated version of Parents-Forum, and am in the process of adding appropriate links from the site.

At this point I would appreciate any honest feedback about the site, especially relating to what other types links you would like to see on the site.

Many thanks!
aBiz.

email: parents@parents-forum.com
GB
Right now, it looks like a page full of advertisements or advertisements to put advertisements on the page. I don't find helpful articles or anything about parenting, just ads.

Content is king.
aBiz
GB wrote:
Right now, it looks like a page full of advertisements or advertisements to put advertisements on the page. I don't find helpful articles or anything about parenting, just ads.

Content is king.

Hi,

The Parents-Forum was previously an actual forum, including lots of content, information about parents groups, articles, etc, etc, and NOBODY ever used it - hence I decided to scrap all that content and go with an advertising forum instead.

At least this way I can direct parents to resources that they may find useful.

Many thanks for your comments.

aBiz.
eruct
Why didn't you keep the content from the last version and then add these ads to the sides or make them a sub-section of the main site. Currently your site has no content, not even a paragraph or two saying that these are places you find to be helpful to parents. I think at least that is needed.

When I visit a site I am used to seeing ads so, for the most part, I avoid them and search for the content. On your site I saw a bunch of ads, looked for the content, found none, and then left. I may be wrong but I think that is what a lot of people will do.
aBiz
eruct wrote:
Why didn't you keep the content from the last version and then add these ads to the sides or make them a sub-section of the main site. Currently your site has no content, not even a paragraph or two saying that these are places you find to be helpful to parents. I think at least that is needed.

When I visit a site I am used to seeing ads so, for the most part, I avoid them and search for the content. On your site I saw a bunch of ads, looked for the content, found none, and then left. I may be wrong but I think that is what a lot of people will do.

Hi eruct,

OK, that's a fair point. I will look into adding some relevant content.

Just so you know - on the previous version of the site I did have various affiliate ads on the right nav panel, and again, despite 10,000 hits to the site per month, I never got one penny from the ads!

Kind regards,
aBiz.
GB
[quote=aBiz]Just so you know - on the previous version of the site I did have various affiliate ads on the right nav panel, and again, despite 10,000 hits to the site per month, I never got one penny from the ads![/quote]

This is a good reason to sit down and find out how ads fit in with your purpose. Do they contribute to the site or are you giving up your valuable screen real estate to ads that don't pay?

I'm excited to hear that real content will soon be added to your site. I think you will find people wanting to come to the site as your content grows. Don't forget to continue to add to your real content. If the forum wasn't working as well, perhaps a blog style might fit better. Perhaps there is another style such as a magazine style that would be even better. Take a look at your competitors or other websites that talk about parenting and are successful. Try to discover what they're doing right to keep the people coming, then use that information to inform the direction you will take with your site.

Good luck!