FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP4 Or Ipod?

MP4 OR IPOD?
MP4
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Ipod
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
None
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other, please describe.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

DEViANCE
what do you think?
i think mp4. because it has nearly the same features of ipod, but with less space.
im not sure people need or have 40GB of music lol
Roald
I have an ipod with 4 gb that's enough.
disidro
The 5G iPod is already capable of playing mp4 videos, I don't see the point of this poll :-/
technology.sponge
ipod definitely...
and yes, i do hav dat much music

only other time id get an mp4 was if u got one of the barbone kits where u add your own hdd/flash cards

but that would be dodgy quality and the interface softwarw would suck
dylanm
The Sony PSP can play MP4 videos and you can surf the internet with it.
Rocky3478
Mp4 is a file format, not a media player... Wink

But I'd pick an ipod over any other media player any day, due to the simple interface. I like it that much... Smile
bassgs_17
Arg! The MP4 player is a counterfeit Nano; if you decide to go that rout you need to be sure you get a "real" fake. There are many floating around on ebay that only have about 500 megs, even though the claim one gig. On top of that, they are really a pile of .... Anyway, save up and buy the new Samsung K5; being able to blast music wherever rocks
eznet
DEViANCE wrote:
what do you think?
i think mp4. because it has nearly the same features of ipod, but with less space.
im not sure people need or have 40GB of music lol

Here is something to help you.

I would have to vote IPod, but I am bias as I use my 20GIG 4thGen daily Very Happy !

I think that most hands on, compairitive reviewers sum it up as being a knock off peice of poo. Now, to each their own; but it doesn't seem to be too hot... sometimes it is true; you get what you pay for.
Xeniczone
Quote:
The Sony PSP can play MP4 videos and you can surf the internet with it.

The psp is also about 3 times the size of a 30-80 gig Ipod, and lacks the space to play the movies. Only 2 gigs of space is enough for 2-3 movies depending on lenght. Ipods can hold up to... I think 75hours of movies. And don't say but the psp has games and UMD movies. The PSP games suck compared to their Playstation 2 ports, and the UMD drive distroys the battery life.
ncwdavid
bassgs_17 wrote:
Arg! The MP4 player is a counterfeit Nano; if you decide to go that rout you need to be sure you get a "real" fake. There are many floating around on ebay that only have about 500 megs, even though the claim one gig. On top of that, they are really a pile of .... Anyway, save up and buy the new Samsung K5; being able to blast music wherever rocks

I bought an iPod of eBay a few months ago and it said it was 4 GB and the memory was already in it and no need to buy any memory cards and when I got it it had no memory Shocked
ncwdavid
ipo al the way definately. I got an iPod nano 3 days ago and I love it. I love its design
sbel
i'm for ipod! but i dont have one yet Razz
Aimewitue
don't love ipods,so i prefer mp4 with ogg support for sure!
neji
I would take the ipod.

Don't forget it can play mp4 already...
And surfing the net with a psp... Hmm, really would like a psp but sounds unhandy to surf with it....
gelid
I have a 30gb video Ipod and its awesome it is much better than my previous creative zen. I tunes rocks as well so you can go to far wrong with the combo.

The only problem that i have is that there isnt enough space, when you consider when i first got it i decided to dump all the songs that i am likely to listen to into my libary that took a while but i came back later and found that i needed 37gb just for my music.

As far as videos go they dont take that much space up for along time i used this to watch all the latest SG1 and SG atlantis episodes on the move or if i was bored in some maths class.