FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Back to the classics

dark_lard
My wife and I have been talking about games we played as kids like Oregon Trail, Wolfenstein 3D, Operation Neptune and the like. Well I finally decided to go out to the web and find them. So for the last couple of hours it was my wife stuck at the computer playing games and not me. She dove into Oregon Trail Deluxe head first. Imeadiately beating my score and then playing 5 more times to beat her own scores. Wolfenstein 3D didn't really last that long with either of us and I actually found a CD of Operation Neptune while searching through my parents garage for some old books of mine. Though I have yet to install it and I'm not quite sure if I will. Later during my sorting through piles of old cd-roms I find a PC-Gamer collection of mine from '96 to 2001. Lo and behold there lies the classic games collection. Full versions of many classic games but on the top of the list for me was duke nukem II. I also later found another PC-Gamer disk that had the full version Duke Nukem 3D. Ah the memories.

So, I wonder with the ranging age of many posters here what are some of the games you guys and gals played when you were young.

*note my first game was tink goes to town on the Comodore64
4ndY
my first games were worms, lost viking and such... i played them with my neighbour on his amiga, it still works btw. =)
rightclickscott
The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. Cliched, but it is the truth. I still enjoy playing Ms. Pacman at the laundry mat and pwn the little kids that their parents dragged along. My favorite game, though, when I was younger was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES. The best RPG ever.
fashioncrimewave
I think some of the first games I played were on the neighbor's Atari 2600, like Combat and Space Invaders.

The first computer I got of my own was a VIC-20. The only games that seemed to work right were Gorf and some text adventure games.

Next we got a C64. Had too many games to count for that, but I think I spent the most time playing Skyfox, Phantasie and the Gold Box D&D games.

Finally got a PC in the late 80's, a 386SX. Favorite games for that were Wing Commander and Civilization.

Of arcade games, my all-time favorite is definitely the Star Wars line-graphic game. Another one that I pumped a lot of quarters into was Gauntlet.
Josso
Some of the first games I played were Blobbo, Lemmings, A10 Attack and much strangeness that was on my old Macintosh Performa 400 in the early 90s Laughing
ChopSuey
I think some of the first games I played, was Oregon Trail, Treasure Mountain, and Math Blaster. Man those were some sweet games. Back then when you played games in school to learn. Rolling Eyes
HDirtwater
Anyone ever play a game on Commodore 64 called Impossible Mission? I don't remember much about it other than I was addicted and played it every waking moment as a teenager.
princedarkdestiny
Oh... (flash back) My first days as a gamer. With my Atari 2600. River Raid... Crying or Very sad
rightclickscott
Josso wrote:
Some of the first games I played were Blobbo, Lemmings, A10 Attack and much strangeness that was on my old Macintosh Performa 400 in the early 90s Laughing

Did you ever play Jetpack for the Performa? Because that was soo awsome, and I have it on my new Mac too.
Josso
rightclickscott wrote:
Josso wrote:

Did you ever play Jetpack for the Performa? Because that was soo awsome, and I have it on my new Mac too.

I wouldn't be surprised if I did but I can't remember the name. I had discs of the things like "3 in 3" and many others. In the days where "Mac Format" discs were giving away a lot of games for free, I used to install tons of them. I still have editions from the magazines from 1995 Laughing