FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

'New' theme

Panthrowzay
This is not really a post about asking for a new theme, but a statment that my result in a happy party for the 'we want new themes' crowd and Bondings.

Most PHP systems to my knowlege work on a CSS and one or several theme PHP files. This forum to my knowlege is working on this. my suggestion is to copy the files to a folder in the theme directory so a Subsilver copy would contain all of Bondings moded files + a single modified CSS file.

This will say bondings the trouble or recoding, and mistakes, and Frihost gets a new theme, but all it really is paint slap.
Josso
I think the point is it's simple and it agrees with everyones tastes easily and doesn't take up too much bandwidth. Would be nice but realisticly it's quite hard to get something most people like without getting simple like this.
Bondings
The thing is that I definately don't want several themes to choose for Frihost. One 'Frihost' theme is enough.

In the future you will get much more choice for personalisation like forums/navigation, but the theme will remain the same.
Marston
Bondings wrote:
In the future you will get much more choice for personalisation like forums/navigation, but the theme will remain the same.
Are you saying that the redesign won't consist of a new theme?
Bondings
Marston wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Are you saying that the redesign won't consist of a new theme?

I meant that there will only be 1 theme available. And the redesign will only be for the main site and the header/footer at first.
Panthrowzay
Your the Webmaster, what you say goes,...
but a new CSS file, to YOUR taste, would be excellent, Im just hoping that Subsilvers design is not that taste.
Bondings
Panthrowzay wrote:
Your the Webmaster, what you say goes,...
but a new CSS file, to YOUR taste, would be excellent, Im just hoping that Subsilvers design is not that taste.

I love Subsilver actually, but it will indeed be a bit different. I'll also try to remove all the tables (divs) which should reduce the page sizes.
Blaster
i too like subsilver. But i think you should look at like a simple templete or make a simple templete to match the new theme.
garionw
I had had an interesting idea that I had thought about but never really impletented (Yet!)

Bacisly, the orignal site theme gets done in greyscale and then there is a Div that goes over that like a colour wash. It could only work with the backgrounds but its worth it.

@Bondings: have you thought of what it will look like, the new design that is?
dan751
The Subsilver theme has been changed once already. As Bondings has already stated, the theme isn't about to change, Frihost already got a "paint slap" a while ago, and it's nice, easier on the eyes too.

I see no reason to keep this thread open.

-locked-