FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xfx geforce4 6200 -256 graphic card **RESLOVED**

wsco
i have xfx geforce4 6200 -256 mb graphic card
it was working very good at my system:
p4 3.0 ghz - 1 mb cache
motherboard Gigabyte intel 865g
Ram 256 * 2 DDR
Hdd westren digtal 160 G
DVD RW Asus 16X
power supply 450 Watt
DVB-s twinhan vision plus
modem conexant v92 56k
os Windows media center

NOW my graphics card restarts my system every time i tried to play 3d games like Fifa2005 , DOOM3

i tried another VGA at my system and it is working good
i tried to istall new driver and the problem still

can any body have a solution
Bones
Sounds to me like you have answered your own question. If you replace the card and the problem goes away..then common sense will tell you that the problem is in the card that was removed.
Of course it could also be the driver, but you have said that you already tried reinstalling the driver.

When the computer restarts does it bluescreen with a STOP 0x error?
If it doesnt right click on My Computer-click Properties click the advanced tab click the settings button under startup and recovery and uncheck the box in System Fauilure that says auto restart.

Now does the PC bluescreen when it restarts and if so, what is the error?

When you put the new card in the pc, are they using the same bus type? AGP/PCI/PCIe ?

Also, have you tried reinstalling DirectX?
Try running DX diagnostics as well to see if there is a problem there.
Click Start-Run-and type dxdiag <enter>
click on the display tab and run the two tests there, as it sounds like the problem starts when initializing 3d video.
tester9
another reason could be (sorry for my bad english):

i had this problem with an xfx geforce ti 4200

the following happened only with a few of games:
after playing a while the screen gets black and system is frozen.

reason:
the energy for the (agp) graphics card only came over the agp bus but this wasn't enough. the graphics card should have had an additional power supply cable from the normal power supply.

solution:
i sold this card to a friend without saying this problem. in my humble opinion: i think all xfx graphics cards have a layout mistake. they are cheap and not bad but i think even nothing for an "often player"
Bones
tester9 wrote:

reason:
the energy for the (agp) graphics card only came over the agp bus but this wasn't enough. the graphics card should have had an additional power supply cable from the normal power supply.

solution:
i sold this card to a friend without saying this problem. in my humble opinion: i think all xfx graphics cards have a layout mistake. they are cheap and not bad but i think even nothing for an "often player"

Sounds like your power supply is too weak to handle that card. It's not a design flaw, or everyone would have the same problem, but newer video cards do take beefy power supplies to run.

How nice of you to sell it to your friend without telling him you were having problems with it
tester9
[quote="Bones"]
tester9 wrote:

How nice of you to sell it to your friend without telling him you were having problems with it

well.........

he got the card for a fair price and now it does not matter anymore. and i did not say, that this problem appeared in every game.
this problem may sometimes depend on the running system. some systems have a higher agp voltage and perhaps you do not have the problem.

Quote:
It's not a design flaw, or everyone would have the same problem

1. nvidia graphic cards ALL have a very high power consumption.

2. in this way it can be a design problem.

3. xfx graphics is imho not the best choice as manufacturer.

4. perhaps not all cards by them are bad. but if you produce for a low budget segment you have to produce cheaper. this means: more cards at the same time and perhaps less quality tests. and you always have a small variance in chips...
and that's why it can happen, that such "black sheep" with problems are sold.
wsco
thank u all
i tried a new power supply and my graphic card is doing well
no restart any more

but how i know the good power supply from bad ones Very Happy
dz9c
glad to hear that it is working. glad i could help and be of assistance
gh0stface
Topic locked since the problem has been resolved. If you need to unlock this topic, PM me or any other moderator.