FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Teaching respect...

S3nd K3ys
The neighbor kids are constantly leaving their toys in the street. At first I moved the stuff to the curb. That didn't work.

Then I told the parents of the little turds. Parents didn't care.

Then I started throwing the toys in whoever's yard was closest. They kept coming back.

Yesterday I had my pickup parked close to the street, got in and backed out of the drive. Then I hear a crunch. I get out and some little turd's pink bike is under my truck. (Too bad it wasn't their cat). So it puts a scratch on my tow hitch and is pinned under the truck. I get back in the truck and just back on over it. The noises a bike can make being drug under a truck are cool.

Hearing the noise the turds dad comes out waving his hands for me to stop...like it's going to matter at this point. So I do what any good neighbor would do, I put it in drive and pull back over the little turds bike and into my driveway.

Daddy comes running down with the little turd princess crying behind him. Im trying to contain my smile. I get out and he goes on about how I wrecked the bike. I say I couldn't hear it and then complain about the scratch on my receiver. The little princess turd says something in baby babble mixed with crying, so I kneel down and tell her with a smile that if she'd kept her junk where it belongs, or if her parents taught her to respect property, that there wouldn't be a problem.

We'll see if there's any toys left in the street from now on. Wink
Helios
Lol nice.

Good job, k3ys.
The parents should pay you for that lesson Wink
Varo
It was kinda mean but I guess thats what happens when you leave your bike in the middle of a driveway. As a kid I kept everything in my own yard. Guess some parents are starting to slack. I guess the girl might learn a leson from it but i bet she has a new one in no time.
S3nd K3ys
Helios, I was all set to go there if they gave me ANY crap about it. I'm sure it would cost plenty to fix that scratch. Wink
jongoldsz
That is awesome, can you tell us if it worked?
Bourgondier
haha lol:P
Davidgr1200
Where I used to live if you left your toys (or anything else ) in the street it disappeared pretty quickly.
Josso
Laughing Sometimes you have to do things the hard way if people won't learn the easy way.
Ellosha
My neighborhood is like Davidgr1200's old neighborhood. Toys that are left out disappear. And a few have been destroyed, probably deliberately, by lawnmowers as well.

The little girl needs to learn to keep her toys out of other people's yards, and hopefully this will teach her.
izcool
Well, I feel that it's the parents faults for not picking up after their kids. If they play in a yard that's not fenced off (I'm not sure how old they are, on what they're referring to) without the parents being around, they can be chasing after a ball in the middle of the street and get run over. That's not new in Chicago, it happens. They should be watching their kids at all times (especially if they're in an open area), where they could get run over or picked up by some stranger and never seen again. In Chicago those things won't last long on the street. Just today my dad was driving down Clark Street in Chicago with me (it was actually at the intersection of Clark Street and Ridge Avenue, a very busy intersection but it was near the edge, and there was room on the side to pull over on) and stopped to have me pick up a red tape measure that someone lost in the street, a few dollar item if you were to get it new. The scrappers would have probably taken the bike, as they're like vultures in Chicago. Refridges, bikes, and any other sorts of metal left in alleys don't last long. I was going to say after reading a few sentences of your post to run some of the toys over. My next suggestion is to throw all the stuff in the neighbor's garbage, it'll teach them that you really mean it. Wink

- Mike.
alkady
I can really understand your pain. This kind of stuff doesnt happen in my neighborhood, But I do have a similar problem...These kids just don't have any respect for property, Every year, There must be like over a dozen kids who trespass my yard because their ball entered in it. (There lucky they live in Canada where owning a Gun is illegal Wink Because if it wasnt...)

The same thing goes for my neighbors, One incendent was this one time these kids just went in her garden and ruined her Flower Bed. It's like they think they own the place and dont give a crap about others and the fact that they are in their property.

Good Job Wink If it we're me, I'd stomp on the toys and throw them in the sewers.

...Also, Did the father make you pay for the bike? I mean it would be obvious he did?

...Are you saying, They just left the Bike in the street, Unguarded? If it was in my area (Because their is a High School a block away that is reputated to accomodate Gang Members) it would have been gone before you could count to 10.
S3nd K3ys
izcool wrote:
Well, I feel that it's the parents faults for not picking up after their kids.

No. But close.

It's the partent's fault for not teaching their turd's to pick up their crap and/or leave their 'trash' in other people's yard.
Quote:

My next suggestion is to throw all the stuff in the neighbor's garbage, it'll teach them that you really mean it. Wink

I think I got the point across. Wink
kd5nrh
I used to live in a small apartment building that had these problems. Folks were tripping over bikes, scooters, dolls, etc left laying on the stairs and sidewalks. After a while, the landlord just started telling everybody that if the toys kept being left everywhere, then nobody would be allowed to leave anything in the common areas unattended. (a few of us had contributed chairs, tables, birdfeeders, potted plants, etc. to the common porch for everybody's use)

Strangely, every week, the night before the dumpster was picked up, all the junk in the yard and on the sidewalk made its way to said dumpster.
Shiva
Well good!!

I'ts on time somebody took a great step against thoose "bad-behaviour"-children!!

I'ts nice to know that not everybody buys them a new bike, kiss them in the ass and says: "Sorry to disturb your little prinsess world..."

Thanks.. it was nice to hear Wink
Idoru
Oh my!
I can understand from your post that you're angry, S, but they are children. I don't
get what ages we are talking about, but my experience is that patience often work
the best. And personally I don't think it is respectful behaviour you are trying to teach
them, it's ignorance. A bit like this turf is mine, and that is yours. Touch mine and I'll
give you or your stuff a beating.

Now don't get me wrong here, for I can accept that you get mad, but still, I find
you having enough calm to be sarcastic over it in your post. I think this calm
and energy would have been better put around the kids, and mabye they could
have gotten an adult too look up to and respect. Now they just have a wrecking
neighbour to be afraid of. Though, that should get you the undisturbedness you
want. On the other hand, the one you are afraid of later tend to be the subject
of pranks. Ah, we'll just see what happens, so nevermind that.

One other thing, before I finish - The parents you spoke to, there I'm on your
side. If they don't care, then who shall? At least one thing we can agree on, eh? Wink
James007
Very off-topic post from timerecords removed.

I think I'll have to agree with Helios on this Very Happy

Do you have any advice when it comes to neighbors with crying children?
Roald
alkady wrote:
Every year, There must be like over a dozen kids who trespass my yard because their ball entered in it.
Over a dozen kids in a year, sorry but that's not so much. I mean, when they would leave there balls in your yard you wouldn't be happy to. But some kids have a lack of respect and you can blame anything/anybody: the parents, the teachers, the TV,... When they get older and they aren't showing respect, then it's a real problem
Code of Ruin
My, my, what a cruelty S3nd K3ys. Shame your truck got a little damaged from the action. I think the dad will be ready to drink your blood by now but then again, he should have taught his children to keep their junk where it belongs.
James007 wrote:
Do you have any advice when it comes to neighbors with crying children?
Hmm, you could also get pick-up and crunch them. Then again it would make authorities unhappy. Just feed them toffees made from super glue or something.
Ghost Rider103
Laughing Thats a little mean to do that to a little girl. But sence it scrateched your car. I would have done the same thing lol.

I dont really get and problems where I live. At least not on my property, but I am in the desert, but my whole property is fenced off, and I got 1 Dobermen and 2 rotwirlers(I dunno how to spell that lol), so I dont get any problems on my property. Everyone around here is nice, we all ride dirtbikes, so thats keeps us away from messin with other peoples property I guess.
HoboPelican
Sounds like you have issues with your neighbors, Sk. I don't have kids myself, so I can get a bit annoyed by the neighbor's, but just a thought here.
If you didn't look behind your truck to see the trike, you wouldn't have seen a kid playing there, either. In a neighborhood with young kids it's just common sense to check before you back out, isn't it?

Now, if you looked and did it intentionally, that's fine, just watch out for retaliation Wink
Jeslyn
S3nd K3ys wrote:
The neighbor kids are constantly leaving their toys in the street. At first I moved the stuff to the curb. That didn't work.

Then I told the parents of the little turds. Parents didn't care.

Then I started throwing the toys in whoever's yard was closest. They kept coming back.

Yesterday I had my pickup parked close to the street, got in and backed out of the drive. Then I hear a crunch. I get out and some little turd's pink bike is under my truck. (Too bad it wasn't their cat). So it puts a scratch on my tow hitch and is pinned under the truck. I get back in the truck and just back on over it. The noises a bike can make being drug under a truck are cool.

Hearing the noise the turds dad comes out waving his hands for me to stop...like it's going to matter at this point. So I do what any good neighbor would do, I put it in drive and pull back over the little turds bike and into my driveway.

Daddy comes running down with the little turd princess crying behind him. Im trying to contain my smile. I get out and he goes on about how I wrecked the bike. I say I couldn't hear it and then complain about the scratch on my receiver. The little princess turd says something in baby babble mixed with crying, so I kneel down and tell her with a smile that if she'd kept her junk where it belongs, or if her parents taught her to respect property, that there wouldn't be a problem.

We'll see if there's any toys left in the street from now on. Wink

It sounds like you need to learn a little respect yourself. Calling children 'little turds', destroying their property and wanting to kill a helpless animal, now how mature is that? I don't care what they did to you, try to be the adult, its not that difficult. I can't decide which is sadder, that you actually behave this way, or that you're so proud as to brag about it.

I'll let you know when I come up with a decision. Until then, try not to make anymore children cry.
Code of Ruin
Jeslyn wrote:
It sounds like you need to learn a little respect yourself. Calling children 'little turds', destroying their property and wanting to kill a helpless animal, now how mature is that? I don't care what they did to you, try to be the adult, its not that difficult. I can't decide which is sadder, that you actually behave this way, or that you're so proud as to brag about it.

I'll let you know when I come up with a decision. Until then, try not to make anymore children cry.
Oscar Wilde wrote that there comes a time when even the most well-behaved person wants to raise a black flag in top and start slithing throats. I think S3nd K3ys reached that point. I don't completely agree with the course of action but it certainly is understandable.
HoboPelican
Code of Ruin wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:

Oscar Wilde wrote that there comes a time when even the most well-behaved person wants to raise a black flag in top and start slithing throats. I think S3nd K3ys reached that point. I don't completely agree with the course of action but it certainly is understandable.

Oscar Wilde and Sendkeys?
Laughing
Now that is an association that simply has me laughing my butt off. Thanks for a great start to my day, Code.

Of course, SK didn't just think about it, he actually gave into the urge to go beyond the bounds of normal society and act out his rage. If he really did it at all and wasn't just making it up to vent his frustration.
Sappho
Jeslyn wrote:

Indeed i agree with you on this one, i am surprised that you were the first one in this post that said it. I feel sorry for that little girl, come on, she could hardly comprehend what was going on, i am not saying its not her parents fault a little but taking it out this way. Sad Who do you think will be harmed by this mostly. Sad

HoboPelican wrote:
Oscar Wilde and Sendkeys?
Laughing
Now that is an association that simply has me laughing my butt off. Thanks for a great start to my day, Code.

Come on Hobo there sure are some quotes from OW that fits prefectly as i know SK's posts, like:

Oscar Wilde wrote:
Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.

or

Oscar Wilde wrote:
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.

Dont you think? Wink

HoboPelican wrote:
Of course, SK didn't just think about it, he actually gave into the urge to go beyond the bounds of normal society and act out his rage. If he really did it at all and wasn't just making it up to vent his frustration.

I hope he didn't, seriously, it would be great if people took out their frustration only on the internet unfortunatly its not goin to happen. Rolling Eyes
jcvincent
You just teached the parents one good lesson. Keep it up!