FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blink-182 -> Angels and Airwaves

Kovalchuk17
I know that Tom Delonge and the drummer are still together bt what happened to Mark? Their song "the adventure" is great and very futuristic
snowboardalliance
Kovalchuk17 wrote:
I know that Tom Delonge and the drummer are still together bt what happened to Mark? Their song "the adventure" is great and very futuristic

Travis Barker (drummer in blink 182) isn't in AVA. I don't think so at least...

AVA is alright, but really like all thier songs sound the same, like when I saw them live, it was just one continuous song, although I guess "the war" stood out to me as a little different.
mistuh griddlez
yeah they have a whole new drummer. Travis is in The Transplants now. But i heard somewhere that Mark and Tom are getting together to make a band after angels and airwaves. (I don't really know if it's true but i'm sorry if it's not. I don't remember where i heard it. I'll let you know if i find where i heard it again.)
bargainhutz
i think B182 have lost it a bit lately. when they first cam out they were awsome and every song was great, now nothing really stands out for me anymore. they seem to be making tracks that all sound the same, its staring to get a little boring
GProject
There was talk of Mark & Travis getting together in a band called Plus44. You can check out their only promotional shot at the official website:

http://plusfortyfour.com/

Don't know if anything has become of it though...
jds10912
For those who havent seen AVA live yet, you have another chance
i saw them with TBS this summer and they were great!!!
AVA's new tour dates are:

11/3 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint

11/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – Great Salt Air Theater

11/6 – Oklahoma City, OK – Bricktown

11/7 – Tulsa, OK – Cain’s Ballroom

11/8 – Des Moines, IA – Val Air Ballroom

11/10 – DeKalb, IL – Northern Illinois University Convocation Center

11/11 – Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room

11/12 – Pittsburgh, PA – Ice Garden Arena

11/14 – Albany, NY – The Armory

11/15 – Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom

11/17 - Providence, RI – Lupo’s

11/18 – Atlantic City, NJ – House of Blues

11/19 – University Park, PA – Bryce Jordan Center (Penn State University)

11/21 – Hartford, CT – Webster Theatre

go on presale tomorrow through the fan club Army of Angels (Here)
their last tour in venues this size sold out in a matter of minutes, get them through the fanclub to ensure that you can actually get tickets (as well as the other bonuses that fan club members get)
carlokes
Dang...i would really love to watch them live someday...but they never came to here (Portugal) or at least i dont recall the fact.

I really appreciate the older songs of them, from the ranch and enema...but the new ones are also pretty cool.
dudeoflame
hey guys i love blink 182, but when tom delonge started going on about how hisnew ban (angels and airwaves) where goin to be amazing and he did actually quote that they would be the best rock band in history i had very high expecations. i recently heard their album and i was extremly dissapointed with it:x , although it had a couple of good songs like war i thought it wasnt all that good. if i wer tom i would totally go back to blink 182!

U RULE BLINK 182!!!!!!!!! Smile
dudeoflame
i want to start a poll!!

if you prefer angels and airwaves start each post with the following:

ANGELS AND AIRWAVES!

however if you prefer blink 182 post:

BLINK 182!

but if u just think tom sux for leaving jus Post:

TOM I LOVE U BUT U SUK!

Smile happy polling
dudeoflame
For those who havent seen AVA live yet, you have another chance
i saw them with TBS this summer and they were great!!!
AVA's new tour dates are:

11/3 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint

11/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – Great Salt Air Theater

11/6 – Oklahoma City, OK – Bricktown

11/7 – Tulsa, OK – Cain’s Ballroom

11/8 – Des Moines, IA – Val Air Ballroom

11/10 – DeKalb, IL – Northern Illinois University Convocation Center

11/11 – Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room

11/12 – Pittsburgh, PA – Ice Garden Arena

11/14 – Albany, NY – The Armory

11/15 – Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom

11/17 - Providence, RI – Lupo’s

11/18 – Atlantic City, NJ – House of Blues

11/19 – University Park, PA – Bryce Jordan Center (Penn State University)

11/21 – Hartford, CT – Webster Theatre

go on presale tomorrow through the fan club Army of Angels (Here)
their last tour in venues this size sold out in a matter of minutes, get them through the fanclub to ensure that you can actually get tickets (as well as the other bonuses that fan club members get)

i was wondering if fait oily men actually released any singles or albums? at least i think fat oily men is the name of toms high school band
twisthigh
Tom Delonge got into a fight supposedly with Mark and Travis, and so he decided to form his own band Angels & Airwaves. So Mark and Travis are making a new band together, and its bye-bye to Blink 182 and Box Car Racer.

I personally think that Tom is the best out of the three, and that he'll be much more successful on his own.
mercurial
i think angels and airwaves are kinda more inclined towards the alternative scene (or maybe not? oO) coz of the different feel in their songs but if im not wrong..AVA's drummer is ex-offspring drummer, who i think rocks too. but travis is kinda still the better one and his drumming is one of the most professional and skilled ones in the current rock scene.
molif
new sound... i guess its good that they got separated since from ive heard, blink 182 just couldnt get original anymore since their sound seems to be the same from time to time..

but AVA is great.. soothing futuristic with rich effects of guitars.. but somehow, most of the songs compiled in the album sounds almost the same though...
curnow
Quote:
want to start a poll!!

if you prefer angels and airwaves start each post with the following:

ANGELS AND AIRWAVES!

however if you prefer blink 182 post:

BLINK 182!

but if u just think tom sux for leaving jus Post:

TOM I LOVE U BUT U SUK!
ok what the hell, your just jumpin on the "we hate tom bandwagon"(m t & t show reference there.) is that even your opinion or a regurgitated one from someone else. why do people blame tom for it all and complain n shit. generally most bands will eventually split up. you also just knew they were gonna split up when u heard their self titled album they've always been goin off and doin separate things (Boxcar racer for example) anyway im now a fan of 2 new (relatively) bands +44 and AvA u couldnt stay with the same blink forever if it always was the same then the band members werent changing. listening to a band over the course of their "existence" u grow up with them.

@mercurial
well T-rav has been drummin since he was 4 im pretty sure and then he stopped and started again when he was 8. and has been drummin since.
anxiety1
Blink 182 awere brillant no one can deny that they were the kings of the whole pop punk thing.

a & a are just another band, tom bigs it up way to much, espacially live
jrs32
Blink-182 was great, but Angels and Airwaves is horrible in my opinion. All of their songs sound nearly the same and aren't really that great.

I'm more of a hard rock kinda guy anyways..
tingkagol
i like ava better over blink. the ava album gets old real quick though.
alalex
y did blink 182 separate? i just heard that they are not a group any more...
healyrj
Blink-182 changed continously throughout it's band-life. But not until Enema of the State did they to me make a bigger change. They turned somewhat "poppy" and had real good songs. In Take off your Pants and Jacket, they started to turn more "Rock", and it turned out to be my favorite CD. But in their final album ( Titled Blink-182? ) they turned really "emo", depressing, somewhat gothic.. but I still liked that, too. But when they broke up, or went on an "indefinite hiatius", I was pretty shocked, since Tom and Mark were "best friends".

In Angels and Airwaves (AvA) Tom takes on a more serious and loving side without his former bandmates Travis Barker and Mark Hoppus. Angels and Airwaves consists of Box Car Racer guitarist David Kennedy, former Distillers bassist Ryan Sinn, and the drummer Atom Willard, best known as former drummer for The Offspring. With a great group of guys like this, you'd expect a great cd, and that is exactly what you get. Tom said it would change the world.. it hasn't. I think he was just feeling good that day. Razz. Here's my review.

Valkyrie Missle: 10/10. This has got to be my favorite track on the entire album. The intro is a long two minutes and forty seconds, a riff doesn't start until a minute or so into it, and tempo doesn't change until a minute thirty. I loved the lyrics though, and Tom's voice makes it a much better song. I'm hoping this is AvA's next single. This is my favorite on the album I'd say.

Distraction: 9/10. Starts out with a less than lengthy intro than Valkyrie Missle ( This one is a minute and nine seconds ) and the lyrics are pretty repetetive, but I just like this song. And like I will say continously about these songs, Tom's voice makes it better better better.

Do It For Me Now: 8.5/10. Only a thirty six second intro (probably the shortest) and a solid song, but it's really nothing too special.

The Adventure: 9.5/10. If anyone's heard about AvA and heard one song, they've most likely heard this one. It's AvA's first single. It's one minute thirty second intro is pretty repetetive, but it picks up as soon as Tom starts singing. Good lyrics, nice quick paced beat... I've just heard this song too many times.

A Little's Enough: 9/10. One of the slower paced songs on the album, but it's still good. Not the best song, but it surely is a good one with pretty good lyrics.

The War: 9.5/10. I love the main riff. Good lyrics, which mainly talk about, you probably guessed it... war. The best thign about this song though is definitely the guitar work though. But that plus Tom's voice equals magic. Very good song.

The Gift: 9.5/10. This may very well be the first AvA song I heard because I downloaded it. Great lyrics, and OF COURSE, great vocals from Tom make this one of the best on the album in my opinion.

It Hurts: 8.5/10. The main thing said in this song is "It Hurts" ... several times ... and it really stays the same tempo throughout the whole song. This is one of the worst on the album to me.

Good Day: 9.5/10. I loved Tom's vocals in this song. The lyrics are like most songs, just about "oo baby I love you... mmm don't dump me." But it's still good.

Start The Machine: 8.5/10. Slower paced song the whole song, really, and a really "peaceful" way to end the album.

AvA seems very much to me like a more modern U2 for some reason. Slow paced, meaningful lyrics, and just overall great stuff. The only thing AvA needs to work on is how long their intros are and closes. Many times it would seem as if a song was over, and it just kept on going and repeating the same line over and over. The lyrics also get repetetive sometimes. Anyway, I sincerely hope this band doesn't split now. Stay together, Angels and Airwaves. Stay together, for the kids.

We Don't Need to Whisper definitely deserves a:

9.6/10

You absolutely must buy this CD.
tingkagol
funny, it's actually tom's voice that i think brought the album down a bit. his punk slurs are not conspicuous but still evidently present throughout the album. and i don't think the lyrics are THAT great. Good ideas & concept, but mediocrely written on paper.

yes, i really hated the way he hyped up the album, it ain't that special. Then again, maybe he just felt great about his accomplishment that day- or he's completely delusional. Razz Valkyrie missle is probably the only timeless gem in the album. Rest of the tracks are really good at first, but get old in like a month.

fave tracks:
valkyrie missle
gift

i still think ava is waaay better than blink.

i'd rate the album 7.5/10
alalex
coool. quite a long answer,... but cool anyways. thanks! i was just wondering about it..