FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Empire Carpet Commercials

izcool
Around here in Chicago, you hear the Empire Carpet commercials all the time on the television AND (get this) on the radio too. They've been around for as long as I can remember, and I was a bit shocked to arrive over in Columbus, OH and hear the commercials over there too, on the television, with the same sort of deal they're pushing over here in Chicago (lately it was the "Super Summer Sale" where everything is marked 50% down). My question to all of you reading is if Empire Carpet is popular all over the country, or only in select areas in the United States ? I know the number by heart, although I never really knew anyone who bought from them or ever want to buy from them. "(800) 588-2300 Empire...Today !!" I wish they'd quit advertising for some time and give us Chicagoans a break.

- Mike.
myrevolt
Is it still that poorly 3d animated empire carpet ad on TV? I try not to watch TV; but I have noticed on both tv and radio, company PR departments bombard one station with their ads. On TV I notice a lot of Sit N' Sleep mattress commericals and tons of Robbins Brothers engagement ring commercials on the radio. I wish companies would find other means (like actually providing quality products) than drowning consumers in ads. Of course on the internet its worse...but I won't go there do to the terms and conditions of this site Wink

P.S. To make it worse, on TV, midday during the week, especially on UPN and the like, TONS of loan shark advertisements, its not bad enough that they are targeting people that may be having financial difficulties, but trying to milk every dime out of them with interest rates.
izcool
I think they redid the ending of their advertisments a few years ago, where it's some computer-animated ending part of it instead of the hand-drawn cartoon that they had ever since they started advertising.

I don't much know about the ones you're telling me, but they have some like "JG Wentworth", the "Jewelry Exchange" commercials, etc. There's a lot of college ones on TV too.

- Mike.
HDirtwater
I have remarked to my fiancee that every time one of those @#$! commercials comes on, I want to go to the kitchen and stick a cheese grater up my.....

Of course, she sings the stupid jingle to me every day just to see my reaction.
HoboPelican
lol. I must be filtering those out. I've lived in Columbus for over 30 years and I don't even remember seeing it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Laughing
Blaster
yea we have them here in PA. 1 800 588 2300 empire!!! Razz It is a big thing all over the country. And yes they still have that animated thing. I just saw one actually. I never did use them and don't know of anyone that has used them either.
snowboardalliance
Blaster wrote:
yea we have them here in PA. 1 800 588 2300 empire!!! Razz It is a big thing all over the country. And yes they still have that animated thing. I just saw one actually. I never did use them and don't know of anyone that has used them either.

Same in michigan, pretty effective to remember the number though. I mean if I wanted carpet, I might think, oh I know the number...588 2300
Blaster
yea surprisingly we where talking about this in science the one day. I mean the carpet seems pretty good and all. I should call them up and have carpet here tomorrow. Razz If i wanted carpet i would call them. Its nice to see they come to your house to show samples.
rightclickscott
We sure as hell get them in Connecticut. TV and Radio, I have the jingle stuck in my head...

800 588 2300 EMPIRE!!!
HoboPelican
rightclickscott wrote:
We sure as hell get them in Connecticut. TV and Radio, I have the jingle stuck in my head...

800 588 2300 EMPIRE!!!

I finally went to the web site and listened to the jingle. Weird, I've heard it before, but I still can't place the commercial. Confused Rolling Eyes I must REALLY shutdown during commercials! Laughing Thank god.
bdoneck
I get it here in Connecticut too, I always seemed to think they were a more local company. I had no idea that they were a large corperation; mostly because the commercial is so cheesy, but the jingle definately sticks in my head and I definately know who to call for next day carpet installation Very Happy
izcool
Oh I just thought of this a few minutes ago and checked on YouTube and had success.

I love both of the Wayne's World movies and I remember in the first one, they had the Empire Carpet guy on a TV commercial, with the "Clapper" and the "Chia Pet" too. That made me crack up so much when I first watched the movies. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1HeX_ajZu8&search=Wayne%27s%20World

Wayne's World, Wayne's World, party time, excellent !! Very Happy

- Mike.
mwilson82
Yea, I figured they were local too, the commercial isn't too fancy so it looked local to me. Kinda surprised they are all over the place apparently. I think they need to give it some diversity though heh.
philsanter
Empire is all over Michigan, too.

The most annoying commercials I have seen are for Sundance, a car dealership near Lansing, MI.

The place is prolific, and apparently they do their commercials in one take. It shows.
alkady
Turns out that empire Carpet has operations in Montreal too, I just found this in yesterdays paper.